Random pic thread.

image.jpg

View attachment 228881 Finished installing a new steering gear box and realized I'm starting to get a little OCD about my tools as I get older.
Your not too OCD or you would have replaced the 3/8- 9/16 sockets missing off the front socket holder.

Would that be considered a positive arch on your rear lower link??
Actually both rear lowers are designed with the bend in them for clearance. Due to their length, they would be susceptible to bending. So they were made by sleeving .250" inside of .375 DOM and then heating and bending them.

Last edited:
Just a snapshot of my Rubicon.....

DSC_2530-L.jpg

...on the Foothills Parkway in TN Saturday night.

Actually both rear lowers are designed with the bend in them for clearance. Due to their length, they would be susceptible to bending. So they were made by sleeving .250" inside of .375 DOM and then heating and bending them.

You reinforced them, but now they're definitely easier to bend because you've already put a bend in them. You've pre-buckled your lowers... ;)

Hmm. Almost long enough to apply truck arm type designs. It's easy to make 48 inch links not bend, if you're not using tubing the size of your thumb. :D

That's what @mcutler 's Comanche is going to look like in a year or so from now. But that guy will hunt all over the southeast to find new sheetmetal that's faded just enough to match the originals. :flipoff2:
....(whisper) already have the doors, front fenders, hood....still searching bed sides....

Matt

Personally iId worry a lot less about bent rear lowers than I would bent front lowers

Back