Random pic thread.

Smokin in the snow. Smoked chicken wings, pretty much the best thing ever.
20170109_115957.jpg
20170109_123148.jpg
20170109_143147.jpg

^^That's one hell of a rig you got there!! Where did you find that?

It's a MasterBuilt brand came from a scratch and dent sale on Ebay. $70 shipped to my door. I put an oven door seal around the doors and use an old cast iron pan for my wood chip holder. It is honestly my go to smoke rig these days. I have a big charcoal fired barrel smoker and an electric upright and this propane upright is just sooo easy-to-use. It's insulated well enough that I run the burner as low as it will go and control heat with the vent so it will smoke for 30+ hours on one 20lb cylinder. Here are a couple of fatties going in for Christmas dinner.
20161218_121237.jpg

On my list!

This time last year when I was in welding school and it was bone chilling cold we would all either find a booth that someone was sheilded flux core welding in or fire up a few torches. One of the downsides of going to night class. It got crazy cold!!! The big guy on the left is the instructor.
View attachment 234545
The absolute worst part of night classes. I get to teach two days this semester from 8 am to 10 pm. My feet are going to hate it..already pondering creative heat measures. Our filtration system doesn't recycle. It will suck all heat out in just a little bit, not to mention we have to open the building to get proper flow. So a big ass garage door gets cracked. Its that Or suck fumes...classes are almost 20 people deep. That's a lot of fumes.

The absolute worst part of night classes. I get to teach two days this semester from 8 am to 10 pm. My feet are going to hate it..already pondering creative heat measures. Our filtration system doesn't recycle. It will suck all heat out in just a little bit, not to mention we have to open the building to get proper flow. So a big ass garage door gets cracked. Its that Or suck fumes...classes are almost 20 people deep. That's a lot of fumes.
The ventilation in my school only pulled negative. That shop with its 30'+ ceilings and 2 bay garage doors got so cold it was ridiculous! In the summer time, if it was 90 degrees outside, add 20 degrees to that. If it's 30 degrees outside, no lie, subtract 20 degrees. When you get 10+ students (out of 25-30) all burning 6010s at one time the smell similar to burnt barbeque would almost knock you down. My night classes were from 5:30-10:30 every night.

New lift arms and parts for the little tractor. These have a 4" offset so wider stuff won't cause tire rub.
Got a new receiver hitch for it too.

Kinda weird seein an adjustable center link bein used properly on a 4wd forum.:driver:

Well, you broke Black Bear and my record of smoking in 25* weather. Although we were outside the entire time... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoL I was in and out yesterday, I have smoked a dozen butts on wood below freezing but we did have a coal barrel to huddle by.

how long does that smoker take to smoke wings when it's not butt ass cold ?

It's a pretty fast smoke due to running higher temp (275*) to make the skin (not crisp but not chewy if that makes sense) better. I ran those for an hour and 45 minutes. I put plenty of smoke to them initially and glazed them in the last 30 minutes or so. There were three wings on the lower rack that got too dry but the rest came out really juicy.

Back