Random pic thread.

Paintin them would hurt em,everybody has different taste and it don't matter what I did somebody wouldn't like it.This county was the largest tob producer in the state back in the day so the locals don't get it either.
Lol I've got some but they were from my grand father and great grand father that grew tobacco. But the reason city folks want them I don't get either

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lol I've got some but they were from my grand father and great grand father that grew tobacco. But the reason city folks want them I don't get either

I have one from my grandfathers and that's it.When they sold the farm I was 26,just married and broke as a joke,wasnt able to buy anything.Im invested pretty heavily in em right now,thats a lil less than half of what I have,just hope the trend makes it thru the summer.

Because wall decorations from Pinterest. Sprinkle around the words "authenticity" and "curated" and you're in the club.
You forgot the big ones "primitive" and "repurposed".They are putting stuff in high $$ homes now that were takin out of barns and replaced 20 years ago.I talked to a guy from around Hickory that was sellin old furniture carts for $150.Said he had bought 1000 of em and had about 200 left.He had sold that many in a years time.

You forgot the big ones "primitive" and "repurposed".They are putting stuff in high $$ homes now that were takin out of barns and replaced 20 years ago.I talked to a guy from around Hickory that was sellin old furniture carts for $150.Said he had bought 1000 of em and had about 200 left.He had sold that many in a years time.

Like, the old oak castor dollies?

Lineberry carts.
6917208173_fa78700cc9_b.jpg

Shit good luck they want to much for all their stuff. Thats why we have a building stacked full of antique log cabins and a ton of a other wood and old tin windows doors and claw foot tubs filling up buildings at our yard.

Theyre not very smart or dont need the money.NOW is the time to be liquidating that stuff.Poeple aren't gonna want that old shit in their homes forever.

I couldn't agree more, but they don't really care and they are horders

Ive ran in to that w these baskets,theyre still around but a lot of the ones that have em don't need the money or don't wanna be bothered with sellin them.

IMG_0629.JPG
Had the honor of seeing this when I went to pick up my welder last week. The mans father I bought from had made this he was a 40+ year welder I was told and the wheel on bottom dropped down so it could be rolled around! His son told me he was sheet metal worker so his dad build it for him to use! Pretty cool if ya ask me!

Paid $350 for this "primitive" cabinet my wife found at an antique store:shaking:
View attachment 244354

Nice carefully distressed paint job. Paint blue, add sandpaper, profit. Reminds me of the fake patina paint jobs that add $10k to the price of an otherwise stock old truck. Too regular, too even, not random enough. Normal wear and tear doesn't have regular patterns.

The clock on top of that cabinet is antique though. It was a wedding gift to my grandmother from her father in law who collected old clocks. She gave It to my wife and I before she passed. It works but the hands aren't attached to the clock mechanism anymore. Need to find someone to fix it.

Theyre not very smart or dont need the money.NOW is the time to be liquidating that stuff.Poeple aren't gonna want that old shit in their homes forever.
Yeah, antiques are just a trend...:confused:

Back