Random pic thread.

Been raising chicks in the garage for since whenever it was this spring. Got sick of them living in my garage so I moved them into my coop. Long story short, on of the chicks flew out and has been living in the yard since Sunday. Been checking me out last few evening as I worked on the truck.

I was playing with the kids in the front yard when yard chicken, as it became known, flew past my head and crash landed into the honey suckle covered fence and only then could I catch the darn thing.

A good bit smaller than the ones in the coop.

View attachment 247063
We loved our Barred Rocks. Wish i could find some.

IMG_20170511_171657855.jpg

The safest Stop'n'Rob in the county tonight...one more parked around back...

3a68b2b9250245c234e8a8de06de96dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We loved our Barred Rocks. Wish i could find some.

I got these from southern states. A friend always gets his from Shooks farm and in a month they start laying.

Shook Poultry

You have to call and claim them because they sell out quickly.

Edit: Looks like all they have is Golden Comets right now. They do another run in the fall though.

Last edited:
To be honest i was not 100%. I caught it on the sound side of the island. Looked like some kind of pike/garr/pickerel.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Definitely a pike or pickerel from the chain markings, and the lack of fin markings point to pickerel. Pike have fairly bold bars on the fins, and pickerel are faint or not there at all. That dark bar under the eye (runs horizontal in the picture) is the giveaway for a pickerel though, it's hard to see in the picture but it's there.
I grew up in Massachusetts, and have caught hundreds of both.

Random picture of random pic. Circa 1987....me and my first 4wd. Drove it for a few years. It had a good bit more wear. Me........well.
0514171540.jpg

Some years later...
0514171622.jpg

Miss that truck.

Just the usual asshattery around here

That's Shawn, the guy that runs this place.

Look for new sub-forums soon, such as "Manscaping 101", "You and your cat", "Prius or Smart Car?"

Back