Random pic thread.

Tried out some evaporust on this nasty driveshaft....

KIMG1120.jpg

KIMG1130.jpg

View attachment 259055 Woke up this morning to start my wonderful day in the field here in the south (Louisiana) what the shit is this??!!!
I think it was either 2012 or 2013. I did an inflight rig and jumped into Polk one winter night. It was supposed to be a little 3 day training mission and then we were out. It was comfortable temps when I hit the ground and the next day was nice. Come nightfall the second night it started dumping snow and rain. It got so bad they pulled us out. I was in a hide site wearing a guile and all the burlap and veg had frozen solid. The interstate was closed, all planes were grounded, and we were stuck. Had to make our way to some other location a few hours away and literally jump on a bird that was already spinning on the runway like it was outrunning the apocalypse to get out of there. Louisiana ain’t prepared for weather like that. It was chaos.

I think it was either 2012 or 2013. I did an inflight rig and jumped into Polk one winter night. It was supposed to be a little 3 day training mission and then we were out. It was comfortable temps when I hit the ground and the next day was nice. Come nightfall the second night it started dumping snow and rain. It got so bad they pulled us out. I was in a hide site wearing a guile and all the burlap and veg had frozen solid. The interstate was closed, all planes were grounded, and we were stuck. Had to make our way to some other location a few hours away and literally jump on a bird that was already spinning on the runway like it was outrunning the apocalypse to get out of there. Louisiana ain’t prepared for weather like that. It was chaos.
I just want to know more about your training and guile suit........not "normal soldier attire".

I just want to know more about your training and guile suit........not "normal soldier attire".
I was once a cool guy. I’m about a year away from retirement (20 years), so I’m old and washed up by operator standards. I’ve been in SOF for 95% of my career. Spent plenty of time in the desert and various other places. Some cool some shitty. Been fortunate enough to not get hurt or too busted up. I can still do the job, it just don’t come as easy and everything hurts. Anyway, it was just a training exercise. We took off around dusk from an Air Force base on the east coast, got rigged up in flight, and did a night HALO into Louisiana. We were supposed to slip in and pull reconnaissance on a mock objective for a few days and then exfil back to the east coast. Weather got bad enough that the higher ups didn’t want to risk getting any of us jacked up just for a training mission. We cut it short, packed up, and walked a few miles to get picked up. Nothing real exciting. Just a few cold, wet, stinky dudes bitching about being cold and wet. Now I’ve got to figure out what I’m gonna do when I grow up. Anybody hiring someone to sit around, tell stories, and drink beer? I’m your guy.

white vinegar would have done the same thing and I'm sure that stuff wasn't a $1.50/gallon.

You are correct on the price. I took 2 old batteries to O'Reillys and got $20 store credit so I thought I would try it out on an old license tag I had to just remove the rust but it started taking paint too. I didn't read the label to well.

This will be getting the vinegar treatment though.....

KIMG0246.jpg

Anybody hiring someone to sit around, tell stories, and drink beer? I’m your guy.

Learn Rev-it, and switch to Bourbon....and I'll build you an office

I was once a cool guy. I’m about a year away from retirement (20 years), so I’m old and washed up by operator standards. I’ve been in SOF for 95% of my career. Spent plenty of time in the desert and various other places. Some cool some shitty. Been fortunate enough to not get hurt or too busted up. I can still do the job, it just don’t come as easy and everything hurts. Anyway, it was just a training exercise. We took off around dusk from an Air Force base on the east coast, got rigged up in flight, and did a night HALO into Louisiana. We were supposed to slip in and pull reconnaissance on a mock objective for a few days and then exfil back to the east coast. Weather got bad enough that the higher ups didn’t want to risk getting any of us jacked up just for a training mission. We cut it short, packed up, and walked a few miles to get picked up. Nothing real exciting. Just a few cold, wet, stinky dudes bitching about being cold and wet. Now I’ve got to figure out what I’m gonna do when I grow up. Anybody hiring someone to sit around, tell stories, and drink beer? I’m your guy.
Forgot to add. I was an instructor as well, so along with story telling I can teach you some cool shit to a certain extent.

I’ll be your secretary to sit around and drink beer telling stories lol. I’m pretty sure I was here at the same time when that snow dumped on fort polk and we were getting ready to conduct the main assault on Shugart/Gordon. Fun times.

Last edited:
Forgot to add. I was an instructor as well, so along with story telling I can teach you some cool shit to a certain extent.
private classes...id pay for some real world knowledge. Private PT. Id also do the same. I was to different from being born with my intestines outside my body. I Wanted badly to try to achieve Operator status. I had the heart, Uncle Sam said I didn't have the Physical. Much respect for staying in and it being a career rather than a fly by night patriotic endeavor. Everybody has a reason to join....some its a way out. A career I really respect.

I was once a cool guy. I’m about a year away from retirement (20 years), so I’m old and washed up by operator standards. I’ve been in SOF for 95% of my career

Sorry all I heard was: Don't F with this guy cause he's and old badass!

Ps I would love to sit around and hear said stories with a beer in my hand.

Sorry all I heard was: Don't F with this guy cause he's and old badass!

Ps I would love to sit around and hear said stories with a beer in my hand.
Haha! I thought I was a bad ass about 15 years ago, but I’m the old dawg on the porch now. I look back and wonder how I did some of the shit I did. I couldn’t do a lot of it now.

private classes...id pay for some real world knowledge. Private PT. Id also do the same. I was to different from being born with my intestines outside my body. I Wanted badly to try to achieve Operator status. I had the heart, Uncle Sam said I didn't have the Physical. Much respect for staying in and it being a career rather than a fly by night patriotic endeavor. Everybody has a reason to join....some its a way out. A career I really respect.
Thanks brother. You sound like just the type of guy we look for.

Now I’ve got to figure out what I’m gonna do when I grow up. Anybody hiring someone to sit around, tell stories, and drink beer? I’m your guy.
Look for a Federal job. Especially within DoD. Vets get priorities and your experience within a DoD lab or logistics chain will be valued. Then in 20 years you'll have super badass retirement.
There's a lot of times we wish we had more guys with real experience with us here.

I’ll be your secretary to sit around and drink beer telling stories lol. I’m pretty sure I was here at the same time when that snow dumped on for pork and we were getting ready to conduct the main assault on Shugart/Gordon. Fun times.
Good old Shugart Gordon. I haven’t been there in a while. Still got all the tunnels in play?

Look for a Federal job. Especially within DoD. Vets get priorities and your experience within a DoD lab or logistics chain will be valued. Then in 20 years you'll have super badass retirement.
There's a lot of times we wish we had more guys with real experience with us here.
I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you

Back