Random pic thread.

Ok I think I do know that one we used to camp at Davidson creek campground all the time. Great time to be looking at waterfalls with all the rain. Over a decade ago my wife and I bagged 7 in a weekend near cherokee, while it was raining, they always look so much better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
78 CJ 5
93 xJ co sponsor

From earlier today

MVIMG_20190224_101103.jpg

Can’t believe how fast he’s growing up.

5 first of this month. He almost ran into the wall trying to get to the truck today when momma told him I was going to leave for a bit and pull a transmission. All day with me wrenching, shooting BB guns and enjoying a fire in the yard.

Made a pair of desk lamps out of vehicle parts. The bulb hood is a valve cover. The base is a ring gear (thanks to Jody Treadway), and the on/off switch is a small keyed switch. I went with a black and brass theme. I thought they came out nice.
View attachment 286955 View attachment 286955 View attachment 286957 View attachment 286958

Nice. You should make a hanging version for workbench lighting. Bonus points if you use a DOHC valve cover where the spark plugs pass through it. Light sockets in the plug holes, plug boots on the wiring...

Just a reminder, dont pass on a double yellow line.
IMG2275926725100610420.jpg

So what happened?
Woodrow was chuggin up the hill on his 8n about to make a left turn. Kia comes flying up behind him. When they get to the top of the hill, he makes a left just as kia pulls out to pass. Kia executes a textbook PIT manuver. Tractor flips, woodrow takes flight, somehow doesnt get crushed by 8n, hops up and disconects kia battery which has flipped against the engine and is shorting out. Kia driver is cited for passing on double yellow. We tow woodrow home, have a few beers and laugh.

Edit: laugh were had when trooper asks if woodrow has insurance and insists it must have a vin somewhere other than on the engine block

Last edited:
Back