Random pic thread.

Not sure how or exactly when it happened but Sun afternoon there were two new 20 foot block walls standing there.
b3fc609d5783dbc9802fc8a7b8f7c9be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See kids, that's what happens when you don't crossbrace your scaffold.

Not sure how or exactly when it happened but Sun afternoon there were two new 20 foot block walls standing there.
b3fc609d5783dbc9802fc8a7b8f7c9be.jpg

if they were 20ft tall and not been poured solid or at least the cells with rebar in them and had no bracing they were a huge sail waiting for the right gust of wind to come.

if they were 20ft tall and not been poured solid or at least the cells with rebar in them and had no bracing they were a huge sail waiting for the right gust of wind to come.
This is right by my house and Im by there multiple times a day and I don't remember seeing a concrete truck,much less a pumper sitting there while they were doing it.One of those I know was put up in a day.Must have happened sometime sun night/mon since all the blocks were gone when I saw it on Tues.Im no mason but I told Tonya I thought they were building it too tall,too fast.I bet that made a big noise.

This is right by my house and Im by there multiple times a day and I don't remember seeing a concrete truck,much less a pumper sitting there while they were doing it.One of those I know was put up in a day.Must have happened sometime sun night/mon since all the blocks were gone when I saw it on Tues.Im no mason but I told Tonya I thought they were building it too tall,too fast.I bet that made a big noise.

If they stacked 20ft tall in a day all that weight pushed mortar out of the bottom row I bet it was paper thin and didn’t bond good

If they stacked 20ft tall in a day all that weight pushed mortar out of the bottom row I bet it was paper thin and didn’t bond good

If they didn't get all in one day they didn't miss it by much.We've been having bad storms lately and while I did remember anything bad on Sun/Mon it was probably bad enuf to blow it over.

Or maybe it was 20ft tall, 1 ft wide, and ready to catch the wind. Ever tried to balance a 16ft 6x6? It's like that, only worse, and made of a thousand pieces.

Are they allowed to build 20' high in a day? I thought they could only go so many courses a day, seems to me 20' would be way too fast.

Walking in circles stripping a floor
c9e7cf3b1ed2c840ad844d626f3185b5.jpg
f6290cd80416cbe492cc00652fb54b44.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My kids getting old is totally normal.
Sarah being that old is inconceivable.

Wasnt it just like a year ago she was a few weeks old laying on a bed in a hotel room in Christiansburg laughing at us adults eating pizza and trying to thaw out.

My kids getting old is totally normal.
Sarah being that old is inconceivable.

Wasnt it just like a year ago she was a few weeks old laying on a bed in a hotel room in Christiansburg laughing at us adults eating pizza and trying to thaw out.

Haha, yeah. She was 6 months old and that was going on 8 years ago.

Back