Random pic thread.

Where’d you snap that? Just so I know where not to get in the water.
They have been spotted in prestwood in Hartsville. Surprised I have not seen people on other lakes in S freaking out.....

Happy accident or unfortunate embarrassment?
IMG_2856.JPG

Sorry for the blurry picture. Tried to get it while driving the PA turnpike...those that know it know the misery.

Did he rear end the East Coast truck?
This was the aftermath, the other car was gone. Judging from what I could see, and where it was (capital and trawick), my assumption is someone ran the light on trawick and tagged the front of the cruiser.....although with the cops in Raleigh, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the cop ran the light.

This was the aftermath, the other car was gone. Judging from what I could see, and where it was (capital and trawick), my assumption is someone ran the light on trawick and tagged the front of the cruiser.....although with the cops in Raleigh, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the cop ran the light.

I drove past headed southbound probably not long before that. Couldn't really tell what happened from 3 lanes over. Kids wanted to know if LEO ever get tickets. :lol:

I just can't get past the notched rear corner of the rear doors....once you see it, you can't un-see it........those doors remind me when Pontiac released the GTO without dual exhaust and hood scoops......as in I hope enough people hate it to the point they remedy it in future versions / generations.

Gonna miss looking at this JT while it's in my shop. Gears installed and broken in. Ready to go home now...
It's freaking sick.
View attachment 296895
I want a diesel one. I hope they stick to the plan and do it next year. That's one year. Then three years after I'll look for a 2nd year diesel. By then if all goes well I an afford a used one. LOL!

The guy I lease my shop from brought me a personal project for him.. 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis. She's clean, pretty well straight, rust free, and almost totally original.

View attachment 296723
View attachment 296724

Obligatory Delco 3 wire upgrade to eliminate the troublesome external regulator/rectifier. New battery, ignition module, overhauled carb and she came to life. Just got through overhauling the brakes completely.

I found some wenol metal polish in the shop, so I decided to try it out (though cleaning up cars isn't really my cup of tea, I do enjoy making stuff bling, especially when it means something to someone else.. And I like to see the results)
View attachment 296726
View attachment 296727
the detail guy at the dealer said "To hell with your shiny hubcap. I can't get the rest to look as good as that one. " So he made it less shiny to match his =(

It's leaps and bounds more refined than the JKs I've driven/modded
Feels great on the highway at speed. Plenty of room too
But I'm a tightwad and love my beater XJ
For sho'

I love beaters and have driven plenty of JKs, but the JL I rented for hammers was a different machine all together. I've decided to not put my hands on a JT until I'm ok with coming up off the duckets for one; I know I wont be able to resist.

Back