Random pic thread.

Cat 5 is outdated. Anything touching fiber/gigabit wants 5e or better 6 or...the next mid generation I'm almost positive is going to be stp...the next full generation, probably 10 years away, will be 100% wireless.

Nda limits what I can say..but the big players aren't putting anymore infrastructure in the ground...or on a utility pole for that matter.

Also..I'd re-read up on bend radius, proximity induction interference, and fill capacity as it relates to heat dissipation and crosstalk.

I can guarantee the work shown will give you problems.
And that's before we talk about that open trench and unsupported conduits, which will fail at their joints and allow substrate infiltration of the wore space cause cable degradation and preventing re pulling replacements and end up cutting it back open...

Also..I'd re-read up on bend radius, proximity induction interference, and fill capacity as it relates to heat dissipation and crosstalk.

I can guarantee the work shown will give you problems.
And that's before we talk about that open trench and unsupported conduits, which will fail at their joints and allow substrate infiltration of the wore space cause cable degradation and preventing re pulling replacements and end up cutting it back open...

It is cat5e. :thumbsup:

I’m aware of bend radius. Everything is loose, nothing final.

Thanks for the thoughts. I’ll be sure to let the contractor know Ron doesn’t approve the unfinished trench.

From the book of faces.

5BBA3AC0-0777-4C75-9831-D59CF9AF3FF3.jpeg

It is cat5e. :thumbsup:

I’m aware of bend radius. Everything is loose, nothing final.

Thanks for the thoughts. I’ll be sure to let the contractor know Ron doesn’t approve the unfinished trench.
Holy shit!
You paid a contractor for that? My apologies I assumed this was a couple IT guys playing electrician.
No if this is a big contractor talk to a senior PM and show him the work, and demand a new crew. If it's a small contractor fire them immediately and don't pay a dime past material. There is unbelievable incompetence visible in all your pics. I count 3 first offense fireables....

Snarkiness aside I'd gladly discuss what I see as concerns with them for you. I suspect they are a house wirer who knows jack about network cabling.

Btw 5e isn't 6....or 6a 6+ or 7...

I guess AT&T isn’t considered a big player then?:shaking:
Certainly they are a big player. And they are, i think, gettimg ready to make the same transistion...

Certainly they are a big player. And they are, i think, gettimg ready to make the same transistion...
You aren't talking to the players I'm talking to, if so.

Definitely someday those lines will be scaled back and most services will run on wireless but that’s gonna be a while. No sign of it at AT&T as of yet unless you are talking copper lines that are being overlaid with fiber. The 5G solution isn’t a feasible solution for all areas no matter what you are reading or being told.

Definitely someday those lines will be scaled back and most services will run on wireless but that’s gonna be a while. No sign of it at AT&T as of yet unless you are talking copper lines that are being overlaid with fiber. The 5G solution isn’t a feasible solution for all areas no matter what you are reading or being told.

I've got to be careful here. I'm not talking about cellular. I'm referring to network level is.
And comy ntract is not with a (traditional) Telco.

I will just go right over here to dont understand that shit land .
I was in the same boat essentially when I posted.....
Honestly worse. I'm the A-Hole who knows a little about a lot. Just enough to be highly dangerous with a lit fuse. It is more of a curse to be genuinely interested in many things over pursuing one interest and being an expert.

Oh wait, that's the random thought thread.
And I have proved my thought process. Curses!

Nice, but AMCJeepman, has got you beat! What's the car behind the Scout-Scrambler?

Thats only one corner of the yard. Not even a quarter of my vehicles. But i know there are several guys on here that are crazier than me. Thats a 76 dart 4dr. Its a parts vehicle for a 70 swinger and a 68 d100. More projects im not getting done. oh and thats a c104 commando . Havent had a scout.. yet.

random pic
20191102_141953.jpg

Back