Random pic thread.

Got that jody "Mr Asheville" treadway coke nail.
20210420_175440.jpg

Except rats and mice. Both of which I appreciate out of my house. He came over with it on a shovel grinning ear to ear at what he had done....poor 🐍 wanted to hit the yankee neighbor with the shovel.
Tell him to call you if he sees another snake. Then maybe you can teach him that not all snakes are bad/dangerous. I've caught lot's of kinds of snakes and showed lot's of kids and neighbors how to handle them gently. More than not of them wanted to hold them once they saw them just chilling in my hands/arms.

Craftsman Warranty is actually redeemable at Lowes! (with a little qualification: so long as the have the same item in stock, but it does not have to have the identical part number)

I had a Craftsman 10mm wrench, 7/16" socket, 3/16" allen (3/8" drive), and an 80 tooth ratchet that were broken and needed replacement. Went to Customer Service desk at Lowes, lady said go find the replacement on the shelf and bring it back. They had everything except the ratchet. The wrench and one of the sockets was a variation in part number, but it was no issue. She punched some stuff into the computer, and a couple minutes later I was on my way.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the newer wrench (bottom) was broached on center and did not have a tremendous amount of excess casting.
1619012439322.png

(Sorry for the crappy pic, my phone apparently was more interested in the trashcan below the table instead of the objects in the center foreground of the picture or the large flat table surface :confused:)

Once I got back to the office, I snapped a couple pics of the broken ratchet and emailed them to Craftsman customer support.
1619011619980.png

1619012219868.png

That was on Monday, Wednesday I had an email back from them, Thursday I had a shipping notification, and couple days later I had a brand new 120tooth polished ratchet!
1619012164656.png

Since I still had the old ratchet, and I really liked the feel of it, I went to ebay and bought a rebuild kit for $14. Woohoo!
1619012286512.png

1619012312510.png

So if you have Craftsman stuff, Lowes will warranty it, if they stock it, and Craftsman will warranty it if Lowes doesn't! :D

Last edited:
So if you have Craftsman stuff, Lowes will warranty it, if they stock it, and Craftsman will warranty it if Lowes doesn't! :D
Not at any near me

I have 3 different 5/8" sockets that are cracked and (2) 3/8" drives that are broken from sears days.

They will NOT warranty without receipt. Period.

Not at any near me

I have 3 different 5/8" sockets that are cracked and (2) 3/8" drives that are broken from sears days.

They will NOT warranty without receipt. Period.
Your Lowes sucks. I didn't have a receipt for any of it. Maybe you tried a couple years ago when they first took on Craftsman and probably had an influx of constipated warranty claims that they were trying to mitigate?

Point them to their own website:
CRAFTSMAN is known for its competitive warranties which will also be honored at Lowe's, providing customers a guarantee promise.

Last edited:
Charlotte, South Tryon and 485.

IMG_20210421_162704.jpg

My dad sees nothing wrong with running this.

Less than 5k people can attend I think. I just watch all the games from home.
I assume all the regular season ticket holders get first dibs. As much as I miss live games I'm happy there's a season at all. Hockey games are the only reason I'll sit and watch TV for more than 30 min.

Back