Random Thoughts.....

49 degrees near Charlotte this morning. Felt good to go outside and not start sweating.

Motivation for the day:
We recently hired a new guy at work. Its been a crunch to get these major projects hammered out.
We were all told beforehand about a certain handicap he has. It's nothing serious, but rather a hearing issue. Completely deaf in one ear and less than 40% in the other. This was a birth defect, but to cope with it, he has developed a proficiency in reading body language and lip reading. We were all worried about his personal safety working in a fabrication company with constant equipment bring operated, overhead cranes, forklifts, etc. He was persistent, so we put him in sandblasting because he'd have his own booth to himself to work without hazards.

Little did anyone know, this guy is a pure badass. In less than a week, he's already become probably the best sanblaster the company has ever had, which is an extremely crucial job. Having mastered his tasks and taken the initiative to go above and beyond the call of duty.
Just when everyone is seeking out a handicap crutch to use as an excuse not to work, he's putting his aside and rolling up his sleeves. He proved a point, big time. Hats off to him!
I haven't even learned his name yet, it's been a long week, but thanks to him, the sandblasting/powder coating department is no longer behind schedule. Fawk yeah.

Quick steel on a cracked cast iron block after trying to fcaw the cracks with little successk chasing tiny pin holes, grind weld, make more tiny pin holes, lather rinse repeat).. I am certain quick steel (epoxy compound) is made of hopes and dreams. I hope and dream it will work. If not, I guess I'll try to find someone with torches or Tig to braze it for me. Cracked 4.0 next to the exhaust manifold and water pump about 2" long

Word of the day:

Squatboater, (n), A select group of squat truck owners that figured out they can look just as retarded cruising around on the lake as they can driving through the mall parking lot.

Ever search for something, find an old thread you posted, reread it, then laugh about how much things have changed?
TJ NV4500 swap, Dana 300 4:1

Quick steel on a cracked cast iron block after trying to fcaw the cracks with little successk chasing tiny pin holes, grind weld, make more tiny pin holes, lather rinse repeat).. I am certain quick steel (epoxy compound) is made of hopes and dreams. I hope and dream it will work. If not, I guess I'll try to find someone with torches or Tig to braze it for me. Cracked 4.0 next to the exhaust manifold and water pump about 2" long
When I was in auto classes at fayetteville tech cc, a classmate hydrolocked at 4.0 92 yj. It blew a 3" hole through the block below the coolant jacket but above the oil pan rail, and a crack ran from the 3" hole to the oil pan rail. We got the instructor to weld a 1/4" plate over the hole on the inside, and he welded the crack too after v notching it. We then filled the hole from the internal plate to the outside of the block with jb weld an 1/8" a day til it was flush. The last day the instructor took a shop rag and blotted the jb weld when it got tacky so it had a cast iron texture.

We bored that thing and rebuilt it for a grade and when I saw him 3 years later after graduation, he was still driving it and had 30k miles on the rebuild.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We were mounting and balancing two tire for a mid 80 yo customer this morning at work. He was hanging out in the shop bullshitting and watching. Once the tires were off he noticed the tire pressure sensors on the valve stems. He asked how they work.

I explained they had a watch battery for power and a pressure sensor that measures the pressure inside the tire, then a tiny radio transmits the pressure and an ID signal, which is picked up by an antenna inside a module in the car, which sends the reading to the dash.

He said, "Man, we sure have come a long way from that mule I used to drive on the farm!" That was the funniest thing I've heard in a while, but thinking back on it he's right.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter how big and bad, or macho you are. You get a tiny metal sliver in your hand or finger and that little booger will let you know who's your daddy until you get that thing out.
Your fingers have the second most dense array of pain receptors in your whole body, with as much brain-space dedicated to your pointer as to your entire back.
The #1 densest? Your eye.
Which I think about every time I get a tiny speck in it...

Your fingers have the second most dense array of pain receptors in your whole body, with as much brain-space dedicated to your pointer as to your entire back.
The #1 densest? Your eye.
Which I think about every time I get a tiny speck in it...
I used to think it was my pecker, but as I get older, I realize that I just blocked out feelings from all the other body parts and focused on my pecker. Now all the other things hurt and my pecker barely feels anything.

I used to think it was my pecker, but as I get older, I realize that I just blocked out feelings from all the other body parts and focused on my pecker. Now all the other things hurt and my pecker barely feels anything.

Nah that's a nature vs nurture situation.
I bet if you violently rubbed the top layer of skin off your point finger 2-5x a day for 28 years or so you wouldnt feel your finger either.

Whoever said "life is hard, but it's even harder when you're stupid" was wrong. All these stupid people I cross paths with seem to be perfectly happy and living an easy life.

"Ignorance is bliss".

And, they say, "Patience is a virtue".
So, really, you can live a pretty happy life if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around.

If anything good came out of the Butler High School shooting, it’s maybe it will make some bullies think twice..they might get shot!
Most news sources aren't mentioning that. I happened to catch an interview with a woman who said he was being bullied. I was shocked

God loves you ...... I'm just trying to like you!

Back