Random Thoughts.....

I'm pretty sure I could easily find Bigfoot if it existed anywhere on the planet and I would not need loud vocalizations, thermal imaging, infrared, drones, trail cams etc. or have to reenact a supposed "sighting" by an eyewitness to help me track one down.

@RatLabGuy, You'd argue the ears off a billy goat...

First off, you have to check in and out. A hospital has some intense security beyond the information desk. There's no way anyone not a patient or family/ friend can come into a waiting room. (I am pretty familiar cause I've been in one on and off for the past 2 weeks).
The homeless sleeps anywhere in cardboard boxes. Those uncomfortable chairs would be Cadillac's. And the 1 news station that you can't change becomes re-run news and gets boring in the first 30 minutes.

You had to make me do a search...:rolleyes: "Usually, these rooms are designed for functionality instead of comfort. In most cases, hospitals go the most cost effective route for waiting rooms for they are purchasing hundreds of chairs at a time. Hopefully, what comforts that may be missing in the waiting rooms are made up for in patient rooms."

Everybody agrees that they don't make a sanitary dependable recliner (yet) or they would have them. Food and personal belongings fall in the cracks and then there's the children playing on them (people fighting over them :) ) with liabilities and sorts like that.

But they are companies specializing in comfortable waiting room chairs that are doing very well. But the price is so much more it's only a consideration. These companies explain that half the time the hospital is a choice and they WANT you to come there. It's just now come into play with technology and patient experience having more to do with waiting rooms for every ounce to edge out the competition.

But totally agree with "recliners are expensive. And break. And people fight over them."
Intense security? Went to hospital to visit my mom after knee surgery, walked in and to her room without a word from anyone. Only a reception desk at 2 of the entrances, and they don't even say hello unless you walk up to them, all others you can just walk in and stroll the halls as you please. CCH in Sanford.

@RatLabGuy, You'd argue the ears off a billy goat...

First off, you have to check in and out. A hospital has some intense security beyond the information desk. There's no way anyone not a patient or family/ friend can come into a waiting room. (I am pretty familiar cause I've been in one on and off for the past 2 weeks).
The homeless sleeps anywhere in cardboard boxes. Those uncomfortable chairs would be Cadillac's. And the 1 news station that you can't change becomes re-run news and gets boring in the first 30 minutes.

You had to make me do a search...:rolleyes: "Usually, these rooms are designed for functionality instead of comfort. In most cases, hospitals go the most cost effective route for waiting rooms for they are purchasing hundreds of chairs at a time. Hopefully, what comforts that may be missing in the waiting rooms are made up for in patient rooms."

Everybody agrees that they don't make a sanitary dependable recliner (yet) or they would have them. Food and personal belongings fall in the cracks and then there's the children playing on them (people fighting over them :) ) with liabilities and sorts like that.

But they are companies specializing in comfortable waiting room chairs that are doing very well. But the price is so much more it's only a consideration. These companies explain that half the time the hospital is a choice and they WANT you to come there. It's just now come into play with technology and patient experience having more to do with waiting rooms for every ounce to edge out the competition.

But totally agree with "recliners are expensive. And break. And people fight over them."
yeah you caught me, I do liek to argue. Just too much fun.

I'd like to know wtf hospital you visit that dosn't have an outer waiting room for the ER or clinics. Or especially urgent care places? Where do you sit and wait while you're waiting to see the doc in the first place?
Security? Ha. really?
I spent 9 years around Baptist in grad school. Yes there's an information desk, but if you want to go to any of the clinics you just walk in and sit down. Check in... and wait...
It was clear as day, during the really cold weather, some people were just hanging around b/c they had nowhere else to go. Our lab was right across from the ENT clinic, saw it all the time.

It's a real problem at the city hospitals up here in baltimore. They do in fact have a check in and all the admitted patient side is locked up tight, but anybody can get into the waiting rooms.

People are always worried about aliens coming here and invading, or how cool it would be when they visited and showed us all of their great technology and secrets to the universe.
I say that's hogwash and will never happen.
Think about it, any alien lifeform that is advanced enough to travel around us is waaaay more advanced/evolved than us.
Whuy would they give a flying fuck about us and even stop to talk or interact? No, they'll just keep cruising.
When you're driving down teh road and see a squirrel, do you stop to talk to teh squirrel and show it how a watch works or talk to it? What about frogs or bugs? Hell now. You just ignore it b/c it's trivial and keep on trucking.

We are, at best, the squirrels and frogs to aliens.

^^^^ so, you mean I *shouldn't* be anally probing squirrels I run across?

Gotta love Friday morning commute. Every car on the interstate doing 5 over, evenly spaced, polite, smooth flowing.... Then a state trooper joins the party. Then the whole highway turns into a big coffee spilling, pissed off, rolling mosh pit.

Nice work Mr trooper, nice work.

Gotta love Friday morning commute. Every car on the interstate doing 5 over, evenly spaced, polite, smooth flowing.... Then a state trooper joins the party. Then the whole highway turns into a big coffee spilling, pissed off, rolling mosh pit.

Nice work Mr trooper, nice work.

Lol I have to say.... It's not his fault, it's all the other idiots that are afraid of being pulled for some minor infraction. That's who screwed up you morning commute lol

Lol I have to say.... It's not his fault, it's all the other idiots that are afraid of being pulled for some minor infraction. That's who screwed up you morning commute lol

If a "minor infraction" such as speeding 5 over held a smaller fine that would be one thing. Last 5 over ticket I got, I ended up about $250 between the ticket and court costs when all was said and done (just to pay the ticket through the mail - no attorney). At the time, I was making about $20 an hour, so that equates to about 12.5 hours of my time for a "minor infraction". Nothing minor about giving the state a day and a half of my labor for "speeding" the amount of a reasonable variance in speedometer calibration and/or radar gun calibration.

@RatLabGuy
UNC (campus hospital) and UNC in Hillsborough. I like to argue as well but I do it to learn. Most the time I think I'm right until I am forced to research it and most the time realize I'm wrong. But I like to see where / how I'm wrong in the process so I don't make the same mistake again. I usually try to base all my opinions on common sense but that ain't always the best. Plus it passes time away and this site would be boring without arguers like you here.:beer:

When is smartphones going to get something REALLY useful. Like a bottle opener, corkscrew, knife blade, flat/ star/ square and phyllips heads, tweezers. The kind of stuff a swiss army knife has...

When is smartphones going to get something REALLY useful. Like a bottle opener, corkscrew, knife blade, flat/ star/ square and phyllips heads, tweezers. The kind of stuff a swiss army knife has...
I use my flashlight app daily. Not only as a flashlight but it also provides a viewfinder you can zoom so it's great for looking at stuff up close.

Of course for $400 I could have just bought a flashlight and a magnifying lens.

@RatLabGuy
UNC (campus hospital) and UNC in Hillsborough. I like to argue as well but I do it to learn. Most the time I think I'm right until I am forced to research it and most the time realize I'm wrong. But I like to see where / how I'm wrong in the process so I don't make the same mistake again. I usually try to base all my opinions on common sense but that ain't always the best. Plus it passes time away and this site would be boring without arguers like you here.:beer:

My question is why are there so many dumb people with smart phones?

My question is why are there so many dumb people with smart phones?
b/c the phone provides the smarts for them.
Basically having fancy technology lets people become dependent on it.

Smart phones make dumb people

What really worries me is smart vehicles, what happens when people become even dumber drivers.

I think the guy from the lab of rats is an alien.

What really worries me is smart vehicles, what happens when people become even dumber drivers.

More work for doctors, lawyers, tow companies, insurance companies, auctions, and salvage/scrap yards......and don't forget the mortuary. As you can see its a wonderful darwin-esch stimulus package.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Guess you're right... Well at LEAST a bottle opener?

I bought one of these in silver a few months ago:

apropaghandiblog.files.wordpress.com_2013_04_comp_s1056475.jpg

Best multi-tool I've used. Everything I need, and nothing I don't...I don't miss the scissors, that's what trauma shears are for :p

I bought one of these in silver a few months ago:

View attachment 214931

Best multi-tool I've used. Everything I need, and nothing I don't...I don't miss the scissors, that's what trauma shears are for :p

Well, I don't see a smart phone attached to it???:smokin:

What kind of funky bottle opener looking thing is that at the bottom? What's that do? I see the flat head on the end.

Supposedly, a can opener. Never used it...

Back