Random Thoughts.....

Why do people call wheels rims? A rim is the outter edge of something. A wheel has a rim, but a wheel in its entirety isn't a rim of anything.
I've wondered this too.
Technically it could be, and often is, used properly.
"Tires for an 18" rim". Meaning the rim of the wheel is 18" across. That's the diameter of the rim going around the wheel.
The problem is people generalize this to the whole thing.
"Those are some blingin' rims, yo." Meaning, "I like the very outer part of your wheel, but since I'm a dumbass and don't know English, I didn't specify how I feel about the other 95% of it."

Why do people call wheels rims? A rim is the outter edge of something. A wheel has a rim, but a wheel in its entirety isn't a rim of anything.
I call them rims. Up yours.

Why are the stainless "wheel covers" for a dually called wheel simulators? They don't simulate a wheel at all, they cover one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When you're in a position with middle management over you, more time is spent complaining how middle management gets nothing done, yet when(if) you BECOME management you're unable to actually DO anything because you're spending ALL of your time babysitting a bunch of complainers that believe they're not paid enough to THINK

On a related note - the big flaw w/ corporate America is that people naturally rise until the stall in the position they are the least qualified to perform in.
If you do your job well, you don't get to keep doing it.

Why are the stainless "wheel covers" for a dually called wheel simulators? They don't simulate a wheel at all, they cover one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Like many things its shorthand that got abbreviated.
Once upon a time big truck wheels came in steel and ugly or "alcoa" polished wheels.
Alcoas were very expensive for the day as they were mlled from a solid block of aluminum.

So companies started making "Alcoa Simulators"

Later shortened to simulators.

My 65 year old FIL who has drove a truck all his life since he was still calls all car aftermarket rims "Alcoa Sims"

On a related note - the big flaw w/ corporate America is that people naturally rise until the stall in the position they are the least qualified to perform in.
If you do your job well, you don't get to keep doing it.
The Peter Principle. Way too true.

In my job if I get things done under budget for the year they take that much away from next year's budget. I constantly have to think about if a savings I can find now would be worth it. What if it was just an anomaly? I can't do too well this year because it will hurt me next year.

In my job if I get things done under budget for the year they take that much away from next year's budget. I constantly have to think about if a savings I can find now would be worth it. What if it was just an anomaly? I can't do too well this year because it will hurt me next year.

I consult for numerous state and local schools, county services, city works depts, and it's the very same all over

#statebudgetproblems
#DOTproblems
#citycountystateMaintenanceproblems

The Peter Principle. Way too true.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who ever read that. "The cream rises until it sours." Has been one of my favorite sayings in life and it has been played out many times in my career.

-Danny DeVito and Kieth Richards were both born to play their best movie roles .... The Penguin and Brother of Jack Sparrow.
Neither needed make-up!

-I've never seen a company go out of business because of the employees. It's always been because of the (mis) management.

Michele Pfiefer made the hottest Catwoman ....

Matt

Wow, my World has just been shattered. Everything I believe in is in question. I can't believe it just happened. Sigh !!!. I couldn't, I just COULD NOT eat that last piece of bacon.

I am surprised that there isn't a thread about what's in the garage fridge.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160512_c55d496fbdd3f22a4fbaf7e987aaa151.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Back