Random Thoughts.....

Does Switzerland even have an Army?

"
Yes, the Swiss Army issues Victorinox knifes. And Wenger knifes as well. As both are Swiss brands the government decided to contract them both.

Now as for heroics I didn't save the whole nation with a Swiss Army knife, but definitely our platoon on a cold and rainy night. As Infantry Explorers we spent many nights on observation posts. That particular night we were truly miserable. We got the order to establish an OP pretty late and didn't have much time to dig in, therefore we were pretty exposed to the elements. As we always did we send a detachment on a “scavenging” run to nearby farms. They would knock on (not knock down!) their doors and ask for food and beverages. Most farmers were very generous and provided us with ample food and self-made spirits.

That particular night our detachment came back from a vineyard, fully laden with bottles of wine. The bottles got distributed around our men.

As I was on perimeter defence I wasn't aware of their return, but soon after that you could hear angry shouts. Getting back to enquire what was going on, I was told that NOBODY had a corkscrew! Problem was that the SAK's issued to us didn't have a corkscrew!

Luckily the issued SAK's were subject to inspections and if they weren't spit clean you'd be in a hell of trouble. Therefore I never used mine and always used one that I had been gifted by my granddad. This one was also an issued one, but it still had a corkscrew.

Needless to say that this particular night I became our platoon’s hero…"

Apparently all those guys had never heard of the boot trick.
WTF do they teach in the Army?

Looting and nabbing a TV in the name of "revolting" is nothing but selfish and a true sign of being a shithead. However, if you've got a brass pair, and you truly want to revolt.......

Not saying it's right...but the focus isn't on "Imma gits mine"

riots.JPG

Looting and nabbing a TV in the name of "revolting" is nothing but selfish and a true sign of being a shithead. However, if you've got a brass pair, and you truly want to revolt.......

View attachment 318793
Yes, at least it follows a logic chain and is attacking what they perceive to be the problem. Target didn't kill Floyd.

View attachment 318793

I can get behind burning police stuff over police murdering someone.

I cannot support looting and destruction of private property that has noting to do with the police.

I can get behind burning police stuff over police murdering someone.

I cannot support looting and destruction of private property that has noting to do with the police.
this. All day long.

I wonder, just out of curiosity, who is running the cities where these things happen? Minneapolis seems to have had several incidences...

Went to the lake yesterday. Caught a fish as I was starting to eat a McDonald’s apple pie. Took the fish off, took a bite, got a worm took a bite, got it rigged back up took a bite. Got the pole back out and back down to depth then washed my hands after sticking the last bit of pie back in my mouth.

This whole time my girlfriend was sitting in the boat quietly watching. As I sat back down she busts out “dear god coronavirus is the least of your worries”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from a couple days on the western side of this state, came back happy, mellow, refreshed.

Got back this afternoon from running errands and the mrs' said "You seem more pissed off when we come back from vacation"

I told her my tolerance for assholes greatly diminishes with decreased contact, it takes me a while to become numb again.

I hate this city 99% of the time.

Back