Random Thoughts.....

Ed Zachary. No joke, had this exact conversation with one of my best friends today.
View attachment 325566

I've got 3 different generations of the Black Diamond Storm. Still my favorite. Mostly use for fishing, and they get used a lot. I get batteries in 72 count boxes, and use a few boxes per year just in headlamps.
I've paid $38 or less for each of them, on sale. Just bought another one last week actually (the existing Storm 375 and not the newest Storm 400), because the elastic on my 5 year old one is grubby and getting tired, and I always like to have at least two in my boat bag.

The Black Diamond Spot is also really good (and cheaper), but it's not as waterproof as the Storm, if that matters. I got one on sale about a year ago for my fishing buddy for probably $24, and I really liked it when I tried it out. It's smaller/lighter because it's a 3 battery instead of a 4 battery.

I'm a bit of a Black Diamond fanboy from 20-odd years ago when I did a shitload of rock climbing. .....and then haven't done it since. They do make a great headlamp though.

Last edited:
I've got 3 different generations of the Black Diamond Storm. Still my favorite. Mostly use for fishing, and they get used a lot. I get batteries in 72 count boxes, and use a few boxes per year just in headlamps.
I've paid $38 or less for each of them, on sale. Just bought another one last week actually (the existing Storm 375 and not the newest Storm 400), because the elastic on my 5 year old one is grubby and getting tired, and I always like to have at least two in my boat bag.

The Black Diamond Spot is also really good (and cheaper), but it's not as waterproof as the Storm, if that matters. I got one on sale about a year ago for my fishing buddy for probably $24, and I really liked it when I tried it out. It's smaller/lighter because it's a 3 battery instead of a 4 battery.

I'm a bit of a Black Diamond fanboy from 20-odd years ago when I did a shitload of rock climbing. .....and then haven't done it since. They do make a great headlamp though.
ill second the storm line. ive got the 400 keep it in my truck and one on my boat.

I just whip out the mircostream..

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Ed Zachary. No joke, had this exact conversation with one of my best friends today.
View attachment 325566

I've carried fenix's version of that light for years in my pocket. Everyone used to pick on my tiny light......until they asked to use it. Program compliance....the best gun is the one on you, not in the truck....

I try and try to be honest. I really do.

Went to bLowes today. Got 2 8' copper-clad ground rods (about $13 each), and a couple of handy boxes, some emt fittings, and a few other supplies. Cashier rang up the rods (balanced on the cart), then started scanning the other stuff that I put on the counter. She rang something up twice, and instead of editing or deleting the line item, she canceled the whole transaction and started over. But, she didn't ring up the ground rods. I told her that. She says, no, I definitely got them (and she still didn't check the screen). I reminded her that she scanned them, then deleted the transaction, and started over. She said she was sure she got them. Still, she would not look at the screen. I said they were $13 each, and the total was under twenty. She insisted she was right. I gave up and left with my purchases. And the rods.

I tried. I really tried. And tried again.

I'm fairly certain that there must be a secret competition going on in Florida under the premise of "How much money can I drop on stupid shit for my JK"

It's only JK's too. TJ, YJ, XY CJ... safe safe safe and safe. Toyota=safe, all others safe.. until you find yourself amongst the squatter crowd of course. But I've never seen so many angry face, spit shined body armor, LED bars, fender well lights, lo-Profile tires, color coordination, and Painted inner front fender well armor plating. I bet some of these have $30K in mods alone just to look cool.

I try and try to be honest. I really do.

Went to bLowes today. Got 2 8' copper-clad ground rods (about $13 each), and a couple of handy boxes, some emt fittings, and a few other supplies. Cashier rang up the rods (balanced on the cart), then started scanning the other stuff that I put on the counter. She rang something up twice, and instead of editing or deleting the line item, she canceled the whole transaction and started over. But, she didn't ring up the ground rods. I told her that. She says, no, I definitely got them (and she still didn't check the screen). I reminded her that she scanned them, then deleted the transaction, and started over. She said she was sure she got them. Still, she would not look at the screen. I said they were $13 each, and the total was under twenty. She insisted she was right. I gave up and left with my purchases. And the rods.

I tried. I really tried. And tried again.

Sometimes when my total is something like $38.26 I give 2 $20 bills and $.26 in coins.

The look on some people's face is priceless. #confusedtothemax

If you want to add to the confusion, give them $3 more and ask for a 5 back. Boooooom

Well if there's one good thing about 2020 its the fuel prices...
20200914_140651.jpg

From a story on weather.com about today's hurricane:

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan confirmed in a morning news conference that a section of the bridge was gone.

Neighboring Santa Rosa County shared a photo of the gaping hole in the structure.

Besides the issue with the Pensacola bridge, a runaway barge at one point threatened to crash into Interstate 10's Escambia Bay Bridge, located several miles inland.

Morgan told the New York Times he considered several ways to stop the barge, including firing 40-millimeter grenades at it. That plan was scuttled when the sheriff decided it was too dangerous and probably wouldn't solve the problem.

Should we be somewhat concerned that A) the Sheriff thought he could sink a barge by lobbing grenades at it, and B) that the Sheriff evidently has a ready stock of 40-millimeter grenades?

the Sheriff evidently has a ready stock of 40-millimeter grenades?

If it weren't for Ronald Reagan, I too would have a similar stockpile #because2A

From a story on weather.com about today's hurricane:

Should we be somewhat concerned that A) the Sheriff thought he could sink a barge by lobbing grenades at it, and B) that the Sheriff evidently has a ready stock of 40-millimeter grenades?

They were likely in the back on that fleet of HMMWV they got from .gov

@ProbablyBroke has a chainsaw for sale in the misc. section. In the pics, the bar is on upside down.

Reminded me of a neighbor a few years ago. He got a new homeowner Stihl, something like a 170...16" bar, little motor. Had been using an ancient Pooland. He had just brought it home that day, and was in his garage, taking the bar off to flip it so the "Stihl" would be upside down. Why? "Cause that's what the pros do, so it will look like I know what I am doing with a saw." He associated an upside down bar with some performance trade secret. And I guess the facebook world of "image is everything". Somebody driving by his house will see Harry Homeowner trimming some bushes with a tiny brand-new saw, and think to themselves..."look at that upside down bar, he must be a Pro."

I flip mine over when I pull the chain off for full sharpening or a swap, not a touch-up. That might be once a day, or a couple of years. I'm never gonna wear a bar out whatever I do to it.

I think all my bars are right side up right now.

@ProbablyBroke has a chainsaw for sale in the misc. section. In the pics, the bar is on upside down.

Reminded me of a neighbor a few years ago. He got a new homeowner Stihl, something like a 170...16" bar, little motor. Had been using an ancient Pooland. He had just brought it home that day, and was in his garage, taking the bar off to flip it so the "Stihl" would be upside down. Why? "Cause that's what the pros do, so it will look like I know what I am doing with a saw." He associated an upside down bar with some performance trade secret. And I guess the facebook world of "image is everything". Somebody driving by his house will see Harry Homeowner trimming some bushes with a tiny brand-new saw, and think to themselves..."look at that upside down bar, he must be a Pro."

I flip mine over when I pull the chain off for full sharpening or a swap, not a touch-up. That might be once a day, or a couple of years. I'm never gonna wear a bar out whatever I do to it.

Yep, I'll only flip a bar if I've screwed up the bottom side of it for some reason. And even then, it usually just makes more sense to replace it.

i never wear a bar out. i usually end up getting them pinched/and or bent at least every other year to the point they wont cut straight with a new chain.

It feels great outside this morning.
Only downside is I still had to wear a shirt to work. I love going shirtless when I'm not sweaty.

Why is it, your entire digestive system is immune to "spicy"....EXCEPT for your anus?
Evolution left capsaicin receptors in your ass to teach you a lesson.

Some people are just slow learners...

(If you want to know the real physiological explanation ill go over it Saturday after a bourbon or two)

(If you want to know the real physiological explanation ill go over it Saturday after a bourbon or two)

I will be happy to share a little bit of special bottle @BigClay and I have been nursing to hear this from you :lol:

Back