Random Thoughts.....

If the Republicans don't believe in covid, then why are they so worried about the illegal immigrants bringing over covid?
Of the people I know, it's so very ironic who does NOT believe in the vaccine:

Trumpettes & the black community :confused: the biggest irony being the who, and the polar opposite spectrum..but secondary irony being because both distrust the government...which is so very libertarian of them :laughing:

Just blows my mind....

Trumpettes & the black community :confused: the biggest irony being the who, and the polar opposite spectrum..but secondary irony being because both distrust the government...which is so very libertarian of them :laughing:

Just blows my mind....
related... I don't understand how anyone can be simultaneously anti-vax, anti-leeching off others,, but also believe the disease is real at all or scared of it. The only logical combo with that it is all fake or a non-issue.
Because if the disease is a real threat to you or anybody, but you refuse the vaccine and have no medical reason besides "I don't want it" then you are literally relying on everybody else to do what you don't want to in order for the locality around you to reach herd immunity and protect you without you also contributing.

Now if you genuinely believe it's not a threat, then while I disagree with you I respect the consistency of your stance.

Just blows my mind....
Tuskegee experiment would explain some of it if more people knew about it.

Tuskegee experiment would explain some of it if more people knew about it.
Along with their belief of how aids was spread.....and several other conspiracy theories.

It'll make you stop and think (but don't all good conspiracy theories?)

related... I don't understand how anyone can be simultaneously anti-vax, anti-leeching off others,, but also believe the disease is real at all or scared of it. The only logical combo with that it is all fake or a non-issue.
Because if the disease is a real threat to you or anybody, but you refuse the vaccine and have no medical reason besides "I don't want it" then you are literally relying on everybody else to do what you don't want to in order for the locality around you to reach herd immunity and protect you without you also contributing.

Now if you genuinely believe it's not a threat, then while I disagree with you I respect the consistency of your stance.
Just a thought experiment...
What about -
A) I believe the virus is real and a potential danger and also the threat is overblown by the media
B) I'm not confident the vaccine had adequate testing/ long term impact studies enough to know its long term effects

So you believe the virus is real, feel like the statistical threat based on your age/health is minimal , believe the vaccine is real - just not yet sure its fully fleshed out safety

My wife hates it when I get on an alien kick and have to watch Prometheus, then Alien, then Alien 2 (they kinda suck after that)
Prometheus was excellent and I hope there are more in that prequel series. Alien 3 in the prison was good.

Ron said it perfectly.

What about -
A) I believe the virus is real and a potential danger and also the threat is overblown by the media
B) I'm not confident the vaccine had adequate testing/ long term impact studies enough to know its long term effects

So you believe the virus is real, feel like the statistical threat based on your age/health is minimal , believe the vaccine is real - just not yet sure its fully fleshed out safety

Covid is real, that's a fact. The vaccine is real, that's a fact. My opinion is that given my age and general health I am at low risk for becoming seriously ill from covid. Add to that line of thought that I distrust the government in general and do not take the flu vaccine and do not feel that the covid vaccine has been tested very thoroughly yet, I dont feel that the vaccines (minimal) benefits are worth the (statistically small but high impact) risks for me. I'm not against vaccines, I am simply choosing not to get this one. Yet. I'm not going to shame or disown those who get it, and I expect the same in return (even though we all know that doesn't happen).

I also believe the media has blown covid vastly out of proportion and that the government is using it to increase their power and push their agenda.

For the record, I'm an independent who leans hard libertarian. Voted for Trump once and think he did a fine job, .but not the savior dome claim he is.

What about -

This is me.
Also, I believe the liberal media/democrats are scum of the earth and have done the opposite of earn the trust of any American regardless of race.
They push...we calculate.

This is me.
Also, I believe the liberal media/democrats are scum of the earth and have done the opposite of earn the trust of any American regardless of race.
They push...we calculate.

Also how come every doctor who suggests taking vitamin D, zinc, eating healthy etc... will do more to prevent any cold/flu out there, Is quickly deleted and taken down.

Ron said it perfectly.

Covid is real, that's a fact. The vaccine is real, that's a fact. My opinion is that given my age and general health I am at low risk for becoming seriously ill from covid. Add to that line of thought that I distrust the government in general and do not take the flu vaccine and do not feel that the covid vaccine has been tested very thoroughly yet, I dont feel that the vaccines (minimal) benefits are worth the (statistically small but high impact) risks for me. I'm not against vaccines, I am simply choosing not to get this one. Yet. I'm not going to shame or disown those who get it, and I expect the same in return (even though we all know that doesn't happen).

I also believe the media has blown covid vastly out of proportion and that the government is using it to increase their power and push their agenda.

For the record, I'm an independent who leans hard libertarian. Voted for Trump once and think he did a fine job, .but not the savior dome claim he
What about -

For me it goes like this:

Mother in law, father in law, wife all got Covid... We currently all live together.... I did not get Covid even though i share a bed with my wife.... So I am either extremely lucky or naturally immune to it. So should I take a vaccine with ?possible? side affects either short term or long term for an illness that I possibly can't get?

Mother in law, father in law, wife all got Covid... We currently all live together.... I did not get Covid even though i share a bed with my wife.... So I am either extremely lucky or naturally immune to it. So should I take a vaccine with ?possible? side affects either short term or long term for an illness that I possibly can't get?

Or did you get a touch of it and your body kicked it ass leaving you with the natural antibodies.

So this evening helping my grand parents in their late 80s they informed that people with the vaccine are not getting the delta variant. I mean can they test for just the delta ? also Last i saw 60% of new covid cases were fully vaccinated people.

But we all know that 78.9654% of all statistics are skewed. lol

We’re actually going to have real internet Tuesday! Fiber optic internet 🙂

Cable is all installed up the mountain and I can’t thank my neighbor enough for pulling all those strings to get them to bring it up here for 6 total customers.

This was me also. I still got the vaccine. It is now being mandated by my employer like I figured it would be. Come October if you're not vaccinated you're out the door.

Or did you get a touch of it and your body kicked it ass leaving you with the natural antibodies.
I had no antibodies after spending 2 straight weeks quarantined with my wife. Did everything to get covid and couldn't. I think it's either a genetic thing or rona doesn't like a high BAL.

So this evening helping my grand parents in their late 80s they informed that people with the vaccine are not getting the delta variant. I mean can they test for just the delta ? also Last i saw 60% of new covid cases were fully vaccinated people.

But we all know that 78.9654% of all statistics are skewed. lol
60% may be vaccinated but they aren't (except for the outliers) the ones ending up in icus and dying. In my wife's icu, all of the super sick and probably going to die were not vaccinated. I'm not preaching vaccination to anyone and its everyone's personal choice. Just telling you what you wouldn't know otherwise.

60% may be vaccinated but they aren't (except for the outliers) the ones ending up in icus and dying. In my wife's icu, all of the super sick and probably going to die were not vaccinated. I'm not preaching vaccination to anyone and its everyone's personal choice. Just telling you what you wouldn't know otherwise.
Out of curiosity what were the age groups?

I'm not against vaccines and older people should probably get them. But if employers are are going to force employees, are they eventually going to be forced every year or just once. I would think the people that got theirs early, it has to be getting weaker by now. IDk...

Out of curiosity what were the age groups?

I'm not against vaccines and older people should probably get them. But if employers are are going to force employees, are they eventually going to be forced every year or just once. I would think the people that got theirs early, it has to be getting weaker by now. IDk...
Actually younger this time around. Ranging 30s to 60s. Some were generally healthy people before.

I wonder if employers could be forced into a contract stating they are responsible for any serious side effects resulting from forcing employees to get the vax to remain employed.

My nephew works for Duke, he’s a CNA like my daughter and is a nursing student. They announced this week that all employees must get it. He is going to let them fire him.

Back in middle of March my wife, myself and then our daughter all got it.
We are all overweight, add that my wife is still immune compromised from ongoing cancer treatment.
Her symptoms were like a bad cold congestion, and general body aches and pains and temp.
Mine was lactic acidosis in legs and hips, like I’d been on a 100mile hike severe legs burning, that was miserable.
Daughter pretty much carried a fever and fatigue.
We have since been vaxed, don’t want it again, don’t wanna tempt it again. I don’t get sick often, that was a sick I don’t want to do again!
Having been vaxed and having proof allowed us to visit my folks that we haven’t seen in 2 years because of the ‘vid. They live in a retirement community and if you aren’t vaxed you aren’t welcome, everyone there had been vaxed.

This was me also. I still got the vaccine. It is now being mandated by my employer like I figured it would be. Come October if you're not vaccinated you're out the door.
Let me just be blunt. When they say it's mandatory is when I say get fucked.

I might have to work full time with my brother in law and give up my cushy management role but I'm with @JSJJ388

Back