Random Thoughts.....

Boone county WVa

If you've watched The Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, you will know good and well those kids need to be checked on!!!!!
It was a tad over-dramatized but yes. My home state has some seriously poor areas. Sometimes the only meals these kids get are at school cause the parent (not usually pleural) is too fucked up on meth to actually have a meal.

When you hire an entire crew based on friendships you not only hurt yourself you hurt your entire department.

Says the odd man out. In the work place I care about your performance, not your ability to be a buddy.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but its going to sound like a dick when I say it.

Look beyond your own experience and pretend at least to care about others from other walks of life.

You seem oblivious to the blessings you had that many dont. I , for one, didnt have "parents" in my life. I had a parent, most of the time, when she was well... We certainly didnt have money for extracurriculars
Lots of others dont even have it that good.

Honestly keeping kids in school is safest for them and the community.

Now the truth is I was exposed to those who had more and better and driven to want to provide that for the next generation and I have and continue to do so. Or you could have just left me at home alone and supported me for the next 60 years, or until my premature demise.

So yeah perspective is a beautiful thing. I agree philosophically that community support should be the role of the Church more so than the government, but I also recognize that Church membership is declining at unprecedented rates. I'm always tickled by the folks who say "leave it to the Church and community" and then ask them "Do you tithe? Without fail?"...the answer typically changes to one of excuses.

I dont tithe, because I havent found a Church yet that was efficient enough with my money after doing a stint on a budget and finance committee of one. Instead I give a solid 10%+ directly to helping the less fortunate every year directly.
I try to do my part. But I'm far from perfect and strive to get better...

Sorry off subject tangent to say that I fully support public schools and while I recognize they need reform they are better than any alternative I can think of.

Now if we want to talk about why public schools need to be temples and lush and showpieces....well we can bring @CasterTroy and @shawn together and let them ( i suspect) agree for the first time in a decade... :D

1. you don't know me, my finances, or really anything
2. See above
3. Never assume
4. You don't know my 'walk of life'
5. Does no one stop and ask why anymore? WHY is school a childcare facility now? WHY are we OK (we must be, because we keep allowing it) with putting a band aid on the 'kids not eating at home' issue and giving away breakfast, lunch, and to-go meals? WHY are they not eating? WHY are people having kids that they don't want, can't afford, don't care about? WHY should any hard working tax payer....yourself included, have their money taken and given to deadbeats, that are procreating faster than we can control? WHY are we kicking the can? WHY are we still importing kids by the tens of thousands to go on the gov't teet day one? WHY is anyone OK with that? I didn't have a lot of money growing up, but was guided by friends and family to make OK decisions. This is weird to some people?
6. Public schools are better than ANY alternative? Surely you jest. Now I know not to take you seriously. Parents need to be encouraged to be parents when it is right for them (maybe it never is), then they can choose how to educate them.....public, private, or at home. Not have multiple kids and then step away. Hard working, attentive parents (notice I didn't say anything about money) is what is needed, before anything else. On the days I wasn't at school, I didn't go around causing trouble, because I was taught to be respectful. Maybe that is not the norm? Public School didn't 'keep me out of trouble'.....shame, fear, and respect, and eventually working odd jobs, did. WHY is that not the name of the game anymore? Of course this won't be a overnight thing, but neither was the constant erosion of morals and common sense. The 'community' has a broad meaning.....where are they these day?
7. Sure, plenty of people don't always have both parents at home....but where are the friends, neighbors, grandparents, aunts, uncles, whoever to make sure the kids are fed.....before looking to the government and my tax dollars?
8. I do my best to take care of the 'less fortunate' with the few extra dollars and time I have. There are millions that have more than me and millions that have less. Seems to me we are driving to the 'equal' crap bottom.

When you hire an entire crew based on friendships you not only hurt yourself you hurt your entire department.

Says the odd man out. In the work place I care about your performance, not your ability to be a buddy.
Just ask our former President :D

Just ask our former President :D
I think you misunderstand politicians in general by this statement.

I work with a bunch of polish-ticians.

Same work place different gripe....

Really sad when a company has to try incentive pay for being on time, not calling out and Basicly doing the job you where hired to do.

Even more disgusting when it isn't offered across the entire portfolio of employee tiers.

Personally worked 2.5 years with perfect attendance and generally get what needs to be done. Our department does not qualify for the new "incentive". We never expected one, yet it blows the folks who keep it from literally falling apart doesn't get a nod.

Edit: things got motivated....see latter post.

Last edited:
Same work place different gripe....

Really sad when a company has to try incentive pay for being on time, not calling out and Basicly doing the job you where hired to do.

Even more disgusting when it isn't offered across the entire portfolio of employee tiers.

Personally worked 2.5 years with perfect attendance and generally get what needs to be done. Our department does not qualify for the new "incentive". We never expected one, yet it blows the folks who keep it from literally falling apart doesn't get a nod.
Surely if the burger king staff can figure out a walkout y’all could come up with everyone be 3 hours late until you get added to it

Wait I thought we had an Education lottery that was to solve these issues.

You me the state run "education lottery" isn't providing adequate amount of funds to supplement school systems.

Thats because on 20% (or less) of the "Education Lottery" money actually goes to education.

Not sure is my department manager has a cape as underwear or the Old grumpy Ass Army Seargent just still gets it done.
Policy did an about face early this AM. Just wish I was present to see it hit the fan and then duck!

If you are what you eat, did you only ever eat Hungry Man TV dinners, then will you ever actually be satiated?

1. you don't know me, my finances, or really anything
2. See above
3. Never assume
4. You don't know my 'walk of life'
5. Does no one stop and ask why anymore? WHY is school a childcare facility now? WHY are we OK (we must be, because we keep allowing it) with putting a band aid on the 'kids not eating at home' issue and giving away breakfast, lunch, and to-go meals? WHY are they not eating? WHY are people having kids that they don't want, can't afford, don't care about? WHY should any hard working tax payer....yourself included, have their money taken and given to deadbeats, that are procreating faster than we can control? WHY are we kicking the can? WHY are we still importing kids by the tens of thousands to go on the gov't teet day one? WHY is anyone OK with that? I didn't have a lot of money growing up, but was guided by friends and family to make OK decisions. This is weird to some people?
6. Public schools are better than ANY alternative? Surely you jest. Now I know not to take you seriously. Parents need to be encouraged to be parents when it is right for them (maybe it never is), then they can choose how to educate them.....public, private, or at home. Not have multiple kids and then step away. Hard working, attentive parents (notice I didn't say anything about money) is what is needed, before anything else. On the days I wasn't at school, I didn't go around causing trouble, because I was taught to be respectful. Maybe that is not the norm? Public School didn't 'keep me out of trouble'.....shame, fear, and respect, and eventually working odd jobs, did. WHY is that not the name of the game anymore? Of course this won't be a overnight thing, but neither was the constant erosion of morals and common sense. The 'community' has a broad meaning.....where are they these day?
7. Sure, plenty of people don't always have both parents at home....but where are the friends, neighbors, grandparents, aunts, uncles, whoever to make sure the kids are fed.....before looking to the government and my tax dollars?
8. I do my best to take care of the 'less fortunate' with the few extra dollars and time I have. There are millions that have more than me and millions that have less. Seems to me we are driving to the 'equal' crap bottom.

What I know is what you share. You said your parents instilled work ethic and values... the fact that you had parents means your are better off then the group I spoke of regardless of anything else.

Your point 5 is valid, however I think you fail to acknowledge the full issue. The kids did nothing wrong, we both agree their birth givers and sperm donors should be responsible. And a comprehensive reform must include changing that behavior. But in the immediate, cool cancel school lunches. 29 million kids get free lunch in the US. Almost all of them (87%) are too young to legally work or drive. What are your solutions? Quick you have about 8 days then you get to start digging graves and burying their starved corpses. I mean this sounds reasonable, lets just starve 20 million kids to death and bury them - that will teach their parents not to have kids they cant afford (/sarcam)

Point 6 - I said it is better than any alternative I CAN THINK OF. You are free to offer an alternate. So far your cure for cancer is "dont get cancer" - thanks bud that helps.

In the end Im anti welfare, anti unemployment but pro taking care of kids and showing them a better way. Because there but for Grace go I. No because there BECAUSE of Grace - went I. Im living proof cycles can be broken and society improved and I want to inspire others to do same.

Last edited:
I've heard this "they are going to starve the kids" rhetoric before. It's one of the reasons we are here. First, 29 million kids won't die in 8 days. They have food money, it'd just spent in other places by the parents. You really think 30 million kids are days away from dropping dead? Second, the people that do help feed the kids in place of the government will start to look around and ask "where are the parents? Why aren't they helping?" And get to the bottom of it. The feds just made it clear that they will just throw money at the issue. BTW, where is my free food money now??? So, it's obviously never going to be fixed, just expanded. They got more people on the payroll now. You can't be anti welfare and for free school lunch. You have to rip the band aid off sometime. That safety net just perpetually keeps tbe ball rolling.

But fine, start somewhere,.....take away this child tax credit thing. What a disgrace. Millions of jobs going unfilled and sending out free money with inflation rocketing. I just can't wrap my head around it. Not one person in DC has this country's best interest in mind. Stupid everywhere.

I've heard this "they are going to starve the kids" rhetoric before. It's one of the reasons we are here. First, 29 million kids won't die in 8 days. They have food money, it'd just spent in other places by the parents. You really think 30 million kids are days away from dropping dead? Second, the people that do help feed the kids in place of the government will start to look around and ask "where are the parents? Why aren't they helping?" And get to the bottom of it. The feds just made it clear that they will just throw money at the issue. BTW, where is my free food money now??? So, it's obviously never going to be fixed, just expanded. They got more people on the payroll now. You can't be anti welfare and for free school lunch. You have to rip the band aid off sometime. That safety net just perpetually keeps tbe ball rolling.

But fine, start somewhere,.....take away this child tax credit thing. What a disgrace. Millions of jobs going unfilled and sending out free money with inflation rocketing. I just can't wrap my head around it. Not one person in DC has this country's best interest in mind. Stupid everywhere.
Goal posts have moved.
Again I’m consistent - no to welfare for adults yes to taking care of kids because it ain’t their fault .
Can’t comment on the child tax credit ain’t been eligible for it in years.

Been visiting and looking for a church we fit and may have found it today.

Message was on the conflict that regularly happens between your gut/heart and your head. Money quote: the seen is controlled by the unseen.

Apparently I’m not the only one to think that

1626921131780.png

The second movie, Aliens, was better and is my wife’s favorite movie

00D50895-C0B7-487A-BC80-B49E0CEDDF4E.gif

If the Republicans don't believe in covid, then why are they so worried about the illegal immigrants bringing over covid?

Back