Random Thoughts.....

I still need my paycheck so theres that. When you work in healthcare and that's been your career for 30 years there's not much else you can do for that kind of $.
I dunno man. Judging by the way you helped at my shop the other night, you'd make a hell of a shop supervisor :flipoff2:

I still need my paycheck so theres that. When you work in healthcare and that's been your career for 30 years there's not much else you can do for that kind of $.
Im not saying it'd be easy, but every person has to draw their own line.

Last edited:
I can respect that. My line prefers a paycheck.
Amen.
I’ve seen the cash only and the credit only lines at the grocery store - never found the principles line

I love being self employed.
Me too, it spoils you.

Since the move (and my heat stroke) I’m wondering what to do. I don’t have to kill it anymore but I want to do something.

Thought about EMT class or driving a local truck. I definitely can’t work in the heat anymore unless I want to end up inanimate.

Docking a boat in a crosswind is like driving a forklift on ice on a slanted grade.

We have real internet finally 😎

Surry Communications Fiber. We paid for the 50 up/down and it is actually doing a little better than that. We can go to 100 if we need to but so far it streams 2 TVs flawlessly.

I don’t know who my neighbor threatened or paid off but he’s THE MAN!

Running all this fiber for 6 houses had to cost a few bucks…

Now add a ripping current or river flow
Theres no way I could with my current setup with no fins. A crosswind has me throwing the throttle lever like an idiot. I can slide a stern drive into any dock but my damn yamaha is a different beast. 9 times out of 10 I'll nail it but that 10th time it takes some work.

Theres no way I could with my current setup with no fins. A crosswind has me throwing the throttle lever like an idiot. I can slide a stern drive into any dock but my damn yamaha is a different beast. 9 times out of 10 I'll nail it but that 10th time it takes some work.
I suck at driving boats anyway. I drive a boat like I drive my forklift :laughing:

We have real internet finally 😎

Surry Communications Fiber. We paid for the 50 up/down and it is actually doing a little better than that. We can go to 100 if we need to but so far it streams 2 TVs flawlessly.

I don’t know who my neighbor threatened or paid off but he’s THE MAN!

Running all this fiber for 6 houses had to cost a few bucks…
Still stuck with 12Mb down and 3 up at the hillbilly compound. When Elan gets his shit up and running I'll be 150 up and down. Been on the list for months but no real feedback on when the satellites will be ready.

Still stuck with 12Mb down and 3 up at the hillbilly compound. When Elan gets his shit up and running I'll be 150 up and down. Been on the list for months but no real feedback on when the satellites will be ready.
We were on Starlink’s list too but it’s $500 for equipment and $100/mo which I was happy to do cause we had nada. Once we got the chance for the fiber though, I jumped. $55 and zero upfront cost sold me.

That’s why I love/hate our river boat.
We only fish in running water and being a jet foot trailering can be an adventure .

Now add a ripping current or river flow
I was just about to mention river current. That and your truck/trailer backed in loading up on a two lane ramp right next to somebody loading at the same exact time.

I was just about to mention river current. That and your truck/trailer backed in loading up on a two lane ramp right next to somebody loading at the same exact time.
I see you congaree

I see you congaree
And Wateree @378. Since you've launched at #1 on Wateree before, just imagine how nightmarish that spot would be if it was a double 😂😂😂

there's a place i fish that when they generate it rips its a single 10' wide ramp, but there is a rip rap "break" right to the left of it that makes a back Eddy, when they are releasing water its about 2 feet under the water line. you gotta hammer up current turn hard left into the ramp and if your not ready or dont know whats going on the damn eddy will pull you onto the rip rap break and you get high centered or if your in gear you tear up a prop. it works great if they arent releasing water, but it becomes hell when they release.

its the only place miranda wont load the boat for us.

And Wateree @378. Since you've launched at #1 on Wateree before, just imagine how nightmarish that spot would be if it was a double 😂😂😂

Never been that far down. We put in at 1 and go up river chasing stripers. I can only imagine.

About the worst Ive found is Daltons Landing on Broad up in York County.
They built it essentially aas a kayak launch, but you can (and I have) launch a john boat there. Its in a very choppy part of the river and there is a huge rock (think 12' tall by 6' wide ish) immediately behind the ramp which creates a nice dead jetty. But its a full throttle into that pool and then a quick woah and turn onto the trailer....coming off is an adventure especially when the motor stalls, ask me how I know :D

Never been that far down. We put in at 1 and go up river chasing stripers. I can only imagine.

About the worst Ive found is Daltons Landing on Broad up in York County.
They built it essentially aas a kayak launch, but you can (and I have) launch a john boat there. Its in a very choppy part of the river and there is a huge rock (think 12' tall by 6' wide ish) immediately behind the ramp which creates a nice dead jetty. But its a full throttle into that pool and then a quick woah and turn onto the trailer....coming off is an adventure especially when the motor stalls, ask me how I know :D
There's a good chance I'll be up that way one weekend coming up. My buddies and I were talking about floating kayaks down from that landing and going to hwy 72. I've never launched a boat on that one though.
And yeah that sounds SKETCH!! 😆

there's a place i fish that when they generate it rips its a single 10' wide ramp, but there is a rip rap "break" right to the left of it that makes a back Eddy, when they are releasing water its about 2 feet under the water line. you gotta hammer up current turn hard left into the ramp and if your not ready or dont know whats going on the damn eddy will pull you onto the rip rap break and you get high centered or if your in gear you tear up a prop. it works great if they arent releasing water, but it becomes hell when they release.

its the only place miranda wont load the boat for us.
Yikes!!

Back