Random Thoughts.....

The joys of parenthood, random thoughts from my 4.5yo at dinner:

4.5- Daddy, I have a question
Me- go for it, what’s up
4.5- Are you Shrek???
Wife- (spews her drink)
Me- Listen here you little…I mean, no sweet heart, I’m not.
4.5- (visible confusion)
Me- I know, I’m big like him and cranky…but I’m not green, so I can’t be Shrek.
4.5- (nods in acceptance)
4.5- So are you sasquatch???
Wife- (still gasping for air from the last question, probably just peed herself)
Me- Yes, dear (Batman voice) I am sasquatch
4.5- thought so, your arms aren’t long enough to be a gorilla.
Me- FFS

I caught the full heat of that roast.
I get similar from my 4 year old daughter. But not the Shrek treatment. :laughing: I have gotten "daddy...you're old." which the first time I heard it I about fell off my chair. Then "Daddy, why do you have hair on your face? Mommy doesn't." She's so observant. lol.

Also picking up on names. Half the time she calls me Brandon now rather than daddy. But on the other hand, I'm pretty sure she thinks her mom's name is "Woman!" :lol: Sometimes she does go calling for mommy, and if she doesn't say 'mommy' she does come out with "Woman!"

Oh, and @UTfball68 I forgot one. Figured you'd appreciate it as much as I did. One afternoon, walking through a parking lot, I heard the unmistakable throaty tone of a modified Mustang cranking up. Now, I'm a Chevy guy at heart with a side of Mopar, but I can appreciate horsepower in all (most) forms (with the exception of imports....I just don't get it). But what stoled my heart was my darling little monkey, not quite 3 at that point, looking this way and that saying "Where is it? Where's the hotrod?" Yep. I melted to a puddle just then. Here's hoping she still has that interest a little later in life when she can really get her hands dirty with me.

One day, when I'm rich, I'm going to pay an electrician to swap all the lamp switches in my wife's house to the same style so I don't push the twisters and twist the pushers. :shaking:

One day, when I'm rich, I'm going to pay an electrician to swap all the lamp switches in my wife's house to the same style so I don't push the twisters and twist the pushers. :shaking:
clapper clap on GIF

My balls couldn't be happier while clothed.
0811212239.jpg

A really good investment of you work in the heat and humidity all summer long.

^^^
This man speaks the truth, made the switch several years ago when they built a store in Greensboro. Not sure how I survived before.

My balls couldn't be happier while clothed.
View attachment 354698

A really good investment of you work in the heat and humidity all summer long.
^^^
This man speaks the truth, made the switch several years ago when they built a store in Greensboro. Not sure how I survived before.
I don't have any Buck Naked but do have several pairs of synthetic boxer briefs. There are several brands that are pretty much similar. Originally got them for backpacking, wilderness canoeing etc, now I wear them about any day I'll be ding anything outside. They'd be my every day undies if I had more of them.

You really can wear them multiple days camping etc. Yeah they get a little smelly but not funky and all it takes is a douse in a lake. They never chafe which is the best part.

As a father it is my duty to educate my children. Good or bad there is a lesson to be learned in everything. Therefore, they shall be subjected to David Bowie all morning whilst I cook them a delicious meal of sausage and air. Air because I haven't figured what else to make yet. This ends my current thought process.

As a father it is my duty to educate my children. Good or bad there is a lesson to be learned in everything. Therefore, they shall be subjected to David Bowie all morning whilst I cook them a delicious meal of sausage and air. Air because I haven't figured what else to make yet. This ends my current thought process.
Bacon, why? Because bacon goes with everything.

I wish people would stop dumping dogs out near our house. My girlfriend thinks she has to keep everyone she finds. I like dogs, but I don't want all of them.

Are you near @awheelterd ’s property, and are you sure you know where your lot line is??? :flipoff2:

Im kidding…good natured ribbing

Well, I was keeping the rubber duck on my dash that was left on my Jeep a while back. Somebody stole it 🤣 while the top was off. I was repoducked 🤷🏼

Grape kool-aid is the best!

Back