Random Thoughts.....

Same phrase different meaning (I use these regularly):
I can't believe I work here!
What an ass! (May or may not have used this in both connotations referring to my wife as recently as this evening :laughing: )

Last edited:
I'm hearing it called The Great Resignation. A lot of people are changing jobs. My SIL recently started looking, was offered a job doing the same thing (computer programmer) making $25k/yr more. Her current employer almost matched it to keep her from leaving.

A little more than a year ago my company was offering early retirement and laying people off to 'right size' the business after the initial COVID hit. Now they are offering $2k referral bonuses. They can't get people to do the jobs. Crazy times.
Well the plant production engineer who has really help keep the wheels on the track has turned in his notice as well. Has been on about 6 months.

I think I'm in a whirlpool and circling a drain.

As I'm sitting here thinking about the ramifications of sleeping with the windows open... I seriously wonder if fall allergies are the best hinderance of Covid there could be.
I mean, if I can't breath anyway because of all teh congestion, how's it gonna get in?
It's like a natural snot-mask.

Well the plant production engineer who has really help keep the wheels on the track has turned in his notice as well. Has been on about 6 months.

I think I'm in a whirlpool and circling a drain.
I suspect you'r erearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

Me: Why does a little thing like running the trimmer along a quarter mile of horse fence make me feel like Mr. Magoo these days?

Wife: Your brain has not caught up with what your body has known for several years regarding your age, mileage and use.

Me: Ouch.

Wife: We’re having tacos for supper gramps.

what’s it up to now, 30T?

This is 1T stacked in $100 bills

1632920111526.jpeg

Here’s 20T stacked in $100 bills, so add 50% more.

1632920167474.jpeg

Of course there’s only just over 2T actual US currency in circulation. The rest is vapor. If you really want to be startled, research unfunded liabilities and bank liquidity.

This happy thought is brought to you by ACME Giant Bubbles. When you need the most insane bubble imaginable, look to ACME!

👌🏻

Last edited:
what’s it up to now, 30T?

This is 1T stacked in $100 bills

View attachment 358324

Here’s 20T stacked in $100 bills, so add 50% more.

View attachment 358325

Of course there’s only just over 2T actual US currency in circulation. The rest is vapor. If you really want to be startled, research unfunded liabilities and bank liquidity.

This happy thought is brought to you by ACME Giant Bubbles. When you need the most insane bubble imaginable, look to ACME!

👌🏻
yep.
And when people talk about the fed interest rate, think about what a difference it makes at this scale, applied to what we pay just in interest on the debt. Lets say we are paying 2% on that debt. If it it raises to even 3%, the difference is what we end up actually paying goes up tremendously. Many of of us have recently seen how much dropping interest rate affects your monthly mortgage payment and how much you actually pay over 30 years or whatever.
Now take that difference and scale it up from a $200k home loan and multiply it by 10,000,000. Thats how much more we will have to pay, just because interest rates when up.

So now are we not only saddled with a huge debt, we are stuck in a position where we must to everything possible to keep the interest rate low and any increases only make this problem worse.

My kids were (still are!) big fans of the old Schoolhouse Rocks! tunes.
This one makes me sad-LOL when they talk about the size of the then-current debt.

yep.
And when people talk about the fed interest rate, think about what a difference it makes at this scale, applied to what we pay just in interest on the debt. Lets say we are paying 2% on that debt. If it it raises to even 3%, the difference is what we end up actually paying goes up tremendously. Many of of us have recently seen how much dropping interest rate affects your monthly mortgage payment and how much you actually pay over 30 years or whatever.
Now take that difference and scale it up from a $200k home loan and multiply it by 10,000,000. Thats how much more we will have to pay, just because interest rates when up.

So now are we not only saddled with a huge debt, we are stuck in a position where we must to everything possible to keep the interest rate low and any increases only make this problem worse.

There is an old adage that when you owe the bank 10,000 you cant pay you have a problem.
When you owe the bank 10,000,000 you cant pay the bank has a problem.

The same applies here.
Who holds that debt and what leverage do they really have (rhetorical question - and realize how fawked up the answer is)

There is an old adage that when you owe the bank 10,000 you cant pay you have a problem.
When you owe the bank 10,000,000 you cant pay the bank has a problem.

The same applies here.
Who holds that debt and what leverage do they really have (rhetorical question - and realize how fawked up the answer is)
As long as the USD stays the international standard business currency, I think we are ok. Once that changes, we are completely screwed.

As long as the USD stays the international standard business currency, I think we are ok. Once that changes, we are completely screwed.
this. It remains in everybody's best interest (no pun intended but it works!) for the US to stay financially solvent and nothing bad to happen wrt all this debt. But if we ever become not top gorilla the downfall is going to be very ugly.

Some is held by other countries but most is created out of thin air by the private company known as the “Federal Reserve” and “loaned” to us. The biggest scam/scheme in history.

We went to East Coast Wings in Mount Airy for supper. Had to walk by the local rip off rent to own place. A sign on the window indicates you can rent to own tires….yes tires.

We went to East Coast Wings in Mount Airy for supper. Had to walk by the local rip off rent to own place. A sign on the window indicates you can rent to own tires….yes tires.
That’s been around for years in every military town.
Too bad they don't rent fun tires like Ground Hawgs

As long as the USD stays the international standard business currency, I think we are ok. ONCE IT BECOMES THE YEN, we are completely screwed.
fify

Too bad they don't rent fun tires like Ground Hawgs

Yeah, or stickies... That would be awesome to rent a set of stickies for the weekend vs buying them. Esp if you didnt wheel but a few times a yr.

sleep deficit rebound is a real thing, and it is a bitch.

If you flying during the day and leave your window open above the clouds....You're a butthole

Back