Random Thoughts.....

He played Tommy Lee in the Motley Crue movie 'Dirt'. That is when I first heard about him. I've seen some clips from the movie on Youtube, and he seemed to do a good job. I want to see the movie since I am a big Crue fan.

He played Tommy Lee in the Motley Crue movie 'Dirt'. That is when I first heard about him. I've seen some clips from the movie on Youtube, and he seemed to do a good job. I want to see the movie since I am a big Crue fan.
Oh ok. I got sucked into that movie on a work night. Had no intention of watching more than the first few minutes but holy hell was it good.

That was HIM?

WOW..then, yeah...he did a great job...that one instance....playing a total fuckup that can hit drums

I saw it’s available on NF, I’ll watch it soon.

A childhood friend who worked under my wife at the county found out that Jack passed and sent me a great little book about our friendships with dogs. It has great poetry and quotes in it with nice photographs and it really touched me.

It’s good to have people who know you and care.

949CB010-91F0-4D64-ACB8-A6A398F858D8.jpeg

DC2CE03A-E4FB-4522-B18D-8788F6787C22.jpeg

Why would someone who lived in the city limits, in a residential neighborhood, that rents, and basically has no backyard own a llama?

Just to add some details to this question... Neighbors across the street sold their house to a rental company. Tenants moved in, and immediately started having problems. Late night visits with loud music, cars parked all in the middle of the cul de sac, cars parked in their front yard, tearing up the their neighbors yard, sent around a petition to have THEIR wedding IN the cul de sac, with 50 guests in attendance, just an overall mess with these people. Well about a week ago, I noticed that they had been packing stuff up and loading it into a truck and I hoped and prayed that they were moving, well last night was the icing on the cake. I noticed the husband had built this enclosure for their trailer and had his truck and trailer basically blocking the entire garage and I just happened to look out there and noticed these ears sticking up from behind the truck and sure as hell enough, they are walking this Llama out to this trailer that's all covered up. My wife then texted our neighbor to see if she was seeing this and our neighbor said that the damn Llama got loose last week and was laying in our yard and our next door neighbors yard, just hanging out...

Last edited:
What??

$8k for a crate motor complete with ECM , wiring harness, firewall bulkhead and throttle pedal?

Hell A performance gas crate motor will cost you that by itself...

@Ron said this a while ago in regards to a reply I made about the R2.8 being too expensive.

I put a cost model together of the items I need to build and swap the 351w into my Jeep and am coming roughly $3k more for the 2.8 while hopefully being conservative with some allowances. That's close enough to have me day dreaming.

@Ron said this a while ago in regards to a reply I made about the R2.8 being too expensive.

I put a cost model together of the items I need to build and swap the 351w into my Jeep and am coming roughly $3k more for the 2.8 while hopefully being conservative with some allowances. That's close enough to have me day dreaming.
You can swap a junkyard LS for like $300 according to the internet.

And is that a rebuilt 351w vs a new 2.8?

Why would someone who lived in the city limits, in a residential neighborhood, that rents, and basically has no backyard own a llama?

Just to add some details to this question... Neighbors across the street sold their house to a rental company. Tenants moved in, and immediately started having problems. Late night visits with loud music, cars parked all in the middle of the cul de sac, cars parked in their front yard, tearing up the their neighbors yard, sent around a petition to have THEIR wedding IN the cul de sac, with 50 guests in attendance, just an overall mess with these people. Well about a week ago, I noticed that they had been packing stuff up and loading it into a truck and I hoped and prayed that they were moving, well last night was the icing on the cake. I noticed the husband had built this enclosure for their trailer and had his truck and trailer basically blocking the entire garage and I just happened to look out there and noticed these ears sticking up from behind the truck and sure as hell enough, they are walking this Llama out to this trailer that's all covered up. My wife then texted our neighbor to see if she was seeing this and our neighbor said that the damn Llama got loose last week and was laying in our yard and our next door neighbors yard, just hanging out...
I have seen enough of the rental business through my business plus…

My old neighborhood had begun to be bought by rental owners as my older neighbors were passing away to be able to say unequivocally…

Once the renters start coming in, a neighborhood is done.

I have seen enough of the rental business through my business plus…

My old neighborhood had begun to be bought by rental owners as my older neighbors were passing away to be able to say unequivocally…

Once the renters start coming in, a neighborhood is done.
you know, I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt because I know people that rent and they are good people, but unfortunately, I can only be anxious about whos coming to stay in the house next...

you know, I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt because I know people that rent and they are good people, but unfortunately, I can only be anxious about whos coming to stay in the house next...
Yeah there are some good ones no doubt. The turds however will be among their number. It just seems the odds of a crappy rental neighbor are exponentially higher than an owner neighbor.

I have seen 1/2 million dollar homes destroyed in a very short timeframe by renters who make fantastic money but just don’t give a shite. I have also seen $400/mo trailers that were kept neat and clean.

Yeah there are some good ones no doubt. The turds however will be among their number. It just seems the odds of a crappy rental neighbor are exponentially higher than an owner neighbor.

I have seen 1/2 million dollar homes destroyed in a very short timeframe by renters who make fantastic money but just don’t give a shite. I have also seen $400/mo trailers that were kept neat and clean.
Yeah, the house in question, the original owners probably put 30k into it before they sold it. had the yard done, new fence put up, siding, etc and looking at it now, you'd never know. I don't think the grass had been mowed in the 6 months they were there and like you said, just didn't care. But honestly, I think the rental company is no good to begin with. Main street Renewal in the name and I have read countless horror stories with them.

My wife then texted our neighbor to see if she was seeing this and our neighbor said that the damn Llama got loose last week and was laying in our yard and our next door neighbors yard, just hanging out...
the best part of this story is you not being aware of this.

Better question is, why would anyone live in a neighborhood period. I've lived in the country pretty much all my life and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. But nothing against folks that do live in neighborhoods, it's just not for me. @Cherokeekid88 I've seen his place and it's nice, so not talking trash about you at all.

Better question is, why would anyone live in a neighborhood period. I've lived in the country pretty much all my life and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. But nothing against folks that do live in neighborhoods, it's just not for me. @Cherokeekid88 I've seen his place and it's nice, so not talking trash about you at all.
So yeah Justin, The house dutch barn looking house across the street is the one! But, like you I grew up in the city and always loved being close to things...now...the wife and I are talking about moving out to the country once the housing market settles down.

I like it, mind you our lots are all at least 0.5 acre and its on the very edge of town. I'd rather be more in the country, with bigger lots, but still have others around.
For us - its about the kids, and the relationships w/ the neighbors. Over the last two weeks two of my neighbors have shown up randomly to help build a shed and drink beer. We help each other fix stuff,, loan tools, etc. Friday afternoons the wives get together and bitch about us idiot guys over wine. The kids wander around to one another's' houses, knock on the door and run around to play outside. Our yard is a cut-through for kids going to each others' houses and several going to the bus stop. We're happy for it because it's better than making them walk on the road, and its more like the "olden days" when people actally looked out for one another. 4th of july was a fireworks show stand-off between two neighbors across the street who each had gathered their own posse to upshow the other group.
When the folks down the street sold their house recently everybody was petrified of them selling to shitheads. They literally intentionally sold to a family w. young kids to be a good fit here.

We also are outside the city, no ordinances, no HOA.

I know not everybody gets lucky like this, and it takes awhile to cultivate the culture, but it works well for us.

I like it, mind you our lots are all at least 0.5 acre and its on the very edge of town. I'd rather be more in the country, with bigger lots, but still have others around.
For us - its about the kids, and the relationships w/ the neighbors. Over the last two weeks two of my neighbors have shown up randomly to help build a shed and drink beer. We help each other fix stuff,, loan tools, etc. Friday afternoons the wives get together and bitch about us idiot guys over wine. The kids wander around to one another's' houses, knock on the door and run around to play outside. Our yard is a cut-through for kids going to each others' houses and several going to the bus stop. We're happy for it because it's better than making them walk on the road, and its more like the "olden days" when people actally looked out for one another. 4th of july was a fireworks show stand-off between two neighbors across the street who each had gathered their own posse to upshow the other group.
When the folks down the street sold their house recently everybody was petrified of them selling to shitheads. They literally intentionally sold to a family w. young kids to be a good fit here.

We also are outside the city, no ordinances, no HOA.

I know not everybody gets lucky like this, and it takes awhile to cultivate the culture, but it works well for us.
I agree with that. When I was younger and lived with my grandma in a neighborhood, most of my friends lived nearby and we would all hang out almost everyday. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. But the older I get, the more I wanna be left alone.

I pee in the yard all the time, the road is about 75 yards from our house. My girlfriend fusses at me, saying people are gonna see me when they ride by. I always tell her I wish they could see my Wang from that far away while driving down the road lol.
To be fair - last week I peed off of my roof.
Its just a question of how much of a fuck you give.

Oh another thing I love here is Halloween. The dads get together an very loosely follow the gaggle of kids with a cooler of beer. The snooty people go to the richer neighborhood up the street. They're kids get more, expensive candy, but screw them, we have a cooler of beer.

Back