Random Thoughts.....

i did ask him how big the trees where and how many board feet he thought they would make and how many board feet was in the barn...... barn turned out to be a 10x12 3 sided shed that is half rotten...
Is the item still available?

This is the loud squawking parrot in the coal mine that the USA is finished....mix your own darn antifreeze.....you don't even need 50/50 in most states!

Attachments

• IMG_20221105_183353954.jpg
    IMG_20221105_183353954.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 74
Well, you don't need 50/50 ratio. So there's waste. Second, how lazy can you be? 4th, you're paying 80% of the price for a half gallon of water. E: people are so stupid that now the companies don't even try to fool the consumer.

Doomed.

This is the loud squawking parrot in the coal mine that the USA is finished....mix your own darn antifreeze.....you don't even need 50/50 in most states!
You know this isn't new right? Those jugs have been around for decades

Agreed. The difference I noticed, last time I needed some (2020), was that it was hard to actually find straight antifreeze, and finding something that isnt "universal" is impossible in a store. And it sure isnt cheap anymore, but that is a different topic.

Yea...I know it's not new. I never bought any before because I'm not an idiot. Had a very slight bit of hope that the masses would shun the idea, because it's more expensive and wasteful, but that is all I could find the other day...so the glaring stupidity of the general public has once again negatively affected me.
We can't even get antifreeze right....so doomed.

Had a very slight bit of hope that the masses would shun the idea, because it's more expensive and wasteful, but that is all I could find the other day...so the glaring stupidity of the general public has once again negatively affected me.
I got some bad news for you then.....Sensuous living under that rock for so long. It involves electric cars :laughing:

Yea...I know it's not new. I never bought any before because I'm not an idiot. Had a very slight bit of hope that the masses would shun the idea, because it's more expensive and wasteful, but that is all I could find the other day...so the glaring stupidity of the general public has once again negatively affected me.
We can't even get antifreeze right....so doomed.
Well the point is, this is no squawking parrot in the coal mine... we've been down this road a long time and still truckin'.

5 years ago the canary was starting to sound the alarm....and no one listened and the canary died. Now we are lucky enough to have a prolonged warning....but still no one seems to be listening...and even worse cheering for the decline? Just my random thoughts.

5 years ago the canary was starting to sound the alarm....and no one listened and the canary died. Now we are lucky enough to have a prolonged warning....but still no one seems to be listening...and even worse cheering for the decline? Just my random thoughts.
wtf are you talking about?
That canary has been singing for decades. Every generation bitches about things getting worse. And yet here we still are.

Well, you don't need 50/50 ratio. So there's waste. Second, how lazy can you be? 4th, you're paying 80% of the price for a half gallon of water. E: people are so stupid that now the companies don't even try to fool the consumer.

Doomed.
Depending on climate, 50/50 is best. I might drive to death valley, or maybe Alaska, I don't want to swap my coolant accordingly.
Waste, maybe. What if I'm on a well and have hard water or who knows what minerals in it that can cause cavitation and start eating my cyl liners. I don't want to also need to buy distilled water.

Also, a sealed properly mixed jug of coolant can be a good asset for a roadside emergency.

Have you gotten the test stripe or a refractometer and tested you coolant? I have, getting good clean properly mixed from one jug makes the whole process easier. Sometimes in life I'll pay for easier.
I certainly don't raise my own grain to make bread, but I love to eat a good sandwich.

Also, if I need to make something that is mass market, I'm gonna make it as fool-proof as possible, otherwise some knucklehead will fuck up his ride and sue me.

I operate a fleet of about 700 pieces of powered equipment, we buy coolant in IBC totes. Guess what - it's pre-mixed!
I don't want the driver/operator guessing how much of what to add. Some would top off with straight coolant, some only water. if it's right the 1st time, they'll all put in a proper mixture.

My grandad had the same rant about sealed maintenance free batteries, and disposable oil filters and non oil bath air filters.
Technology changes and we emerge.

I hate that new TVs dont have buttons on them for when i cant find my kids remote.

Im not sure who is right in any of the above examples.
I just know they arent indicative on the status of society as a whole

I know its been around for a long time....that makes no difference.
50/50 lowers the heat transfer capability for people in hot climates
50/50 might not be the best for the 10 people that drive above the artic circle
If the cost of 50/50 pre-mix was somewhere close to half of a concentrated bottle, then no issue, but its around 85% of the cost! That is some expensive water!
Oil filters today are cleaner and better and can last with 10,000 mile oil change intervals. I know of no one that wants to deal with oil bath air filters once the dry air filter was invented....who would rant about a vastly superior, cleaner, more convenient air filter when their hands are covered in oil? I can't get on that level of grumpy old man.
Sealed batteries are better and safer
But yea....no/limited buttons on the TV is annoying.

But you said it....an ever increasing number of people can't understand ratios or figure out how to mix something or are just general knuckleheads and morons that lack critical thinking skills, lack the capacity to ask educated questions, or are too dumb to realize when they are being duped by antifreeze manufacturers. Doomed.

That was my random thought over the weekend.

How did we ever get this far with concentrated antifreeze and some occasional hard water?!

I know its been around for a long time....that makes no difference.
50/50 lowers the heat transfer capability for people in hot climates
50/50 might not be the best for the 10 people that drive above the artic circle
If the cost of 50/50 pre-mix was somewhere close to half of a concentrated bottle, then no issue, but its around 85% of the cost! That is some expensive water!
You are paying for convenience.
Why is this so hard to understand?
I could make a sandwich for way less than buying one at WaWa or subway.
But damned if sometimes I just don't feel like it. I'm ok with paying the price to not build it myself.

People who live in the arctic circle don't use 50/50. And there are few climates where the hear really matters THAT much, and where it does, I bet there aren't many stores selling 50/50.

But I don't want or need to pay for the convenience.
I want concentrated antifreeze.
I can't make concentrate at home.
The mindless masses scooping up the overhyped and expensive half bottles of water instead of pushing back on the waste and unnecessary expense is telling...that was my point. My random thought. My rant.
The average joe moron is making it more expensive to live my life (and yes, I know this has been happening, but seems to happen at warp speed now)
!

But I don't want or need to pay for the convenience.
I want concentrated antifreeze.
I can't make concentrate at home.
The mindless masses scooping up the overhyped and expensive half bottles of water instead of pushing back on the waste and unnecessary expense is telling...that was my point. My random thought. My rant.
The average joe moron is making it more expensive to live my life (and yes, I know this has been happening, but seems to happen at warp speed now)
!
Then why don't you just buy concentrate? WTF is the problem? Why are you complaining about other people's choice for convenience? You only want people to have what you think is the most logical? Why bitch about other people having the option?
You don't like 50/50? Fine. Vote with your wallet. Don't buy it. Go to another store. That's how capitalisms works.

I have no issues finding concentrated Anti Freeze. You just have to look a bit harder at the display.
this.
I have literally never been to a parts store that didn't have concentrate. F*cking Walmart sells it. So does the grocery store. And if you want a shining example of things being streamlined for the mindless masses, that's it.

Then why don't you just buy concentrate? WTF is the problem?

Had a very slight bit of hope that the masses would shun the idea, because it's more expensive and wasteful, but that is all I could find the other day...so the glaring stupidity of the general public has once again negatively affected me.

I'm with @benXJ on this. The stupidity of the world is starting to severely limit the choices of the less stupid. Yes, there are plenty of anecdotal examples of my unclepappy said this and that, but the bottom line is that the catering to the lowest common denominator is at an all time high, and I don't see any way of turning it around. Just look at the vast majority of the candidates in the current elections. Hell, go try to buy a decent brick ranch with a nice acre yard with some established trees, a garage, and no HOA. Oh, sorry, we don't make those anymore.

I'm with @benXJ on this. The stupidity of the world is starting to severely limit the choices of the less stupid. Yes, there are plenty of anecdotal examples of my unclepappy said this and that, but the bottom line is that the catering to the lowest common denominator is at an all time high, and I don't see any way of turning it around. Just look at the vast majority of the candidates in the current elections. Hell, go try to buy a decent brick ranch with a nice acre yard with some established trees, a garage, and no HOA. Oh, sorry, we don't make those anymore.
We do. Just not here.
Guess what. They didn’t make that 35 years ago in NY or Chicago…now chalrotte is that size. Go to Wyoming or Montana or missisippi and you won’t find many hoas

We do. Just not here.
Guess what. They didn’t make that 35 years ago in NY or Chicago…now chalrotte is that size. Go to Wyoming or Montana or missisippi and you won’t find many hoas
I bet they mix their own antifreeze in those places too. :flipoff2:

Hot dang! If the store had concentrated, I would have scooped it up! The point was the giant store with 5 shelves of off brand and name brand antifreeze only had 50/50. The mindless masses have spoken and prefer to overpay for 50/50, so that's what the store stocks...so now my life is impacted. Sure, it's a small thing, but that's why the miners carried canaries.

Back