Random Thoughts.....

Big families are a blessing. Families that get along and prosper are nothing short of a miracle. It was a good day. We had a Family Christmas dinner that has been a tradition for over 60 years. Represented was the Carl and Mary Lou Bolick family. They had 9 children, one of which was my Grandmother.

Of those 9 all have passed but we have all decided to carry the family tradition further. 61 were present today with many not in attendance.

At least 5 generations accounted.

This was 1988, nothing but grand children of Mary Lou.....A kid trying to be cool in his jean jacket and rat tail is buried in the middle, lol!
1670208155903.png

Last edited:
I dont see how people can live in the city. It never gets dark, there's never any peace, not to mention there are people there.

The wife, little girl, and I went out to eat Saturday night after looking at Christmas lights and ended up at Carolina's Diner in Archdale and ended up having our meal paid for by the couple sitting across from us. That was my first time someone every paying it forward and it was an amazing feeling. Just a total stranger paying for someone's meal. It just made my entire Christmas season. God is good.

Anybody else trash their good clothes? When I get into doing something I don’t take the time to go change. Regardless of what I’m wearing I just get after it. Trashed a brand new sweatshirt today with rust water. First time I wore it. I’ve done the same to countless articles if clothing that I would consider “going to town” threads. My wife says I’m worse than the kids.

Anybody else trash their good clothes? When I get into doing something I don’t take the time to go change. Regardless of what I’m wearing I just get after it. Trashed a brand new sweatshirt today with rust water. First time I wore it. I’ve done the same to countless articles if clothing that I would consider “going to town” threads. My wife says I’m worse than the kids.
I wear "dresser pants and shirts" for work. I'm bad about getting home and running down to shop to do one little thing and 3 hours latter my clothes have to go in the trash

Good clothes? I have only bought work clothes for several years. My current nice duds are all at least 10 plus years old unless it was gifted. I used to hate getting shirts or pants for Christmas. Now I am elated to get socks and underwear. A decent shirt or pants is a bonus.

But yes work clothes go through the worst abuse, my wife gets really tired of the swiss cheese attire but she knew she married a welder. She just didn't expect him to be so frugal. I got coats and the like older than my 22 year old son.
Man that is sorta awful. :(

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
You shuffle in gloom of the sickroom
And talk to yourself as you die.

Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.
You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

Can someone please explain to me why the border is always in a crisis?
Isn't it as simple as telling everyone they can't come in and close the gates? That would stop most of it overnight.
No room at the inn, sorry.
Why do we just not shut the door?
Why is the American tax payer OK with all of this?
Seems too easy.

Can someone please explain to me why the border is always in a crisis?
Isn't it as simple as telling everyone they can't come in and close the gates? That would stop most of it overnight.
No room at the inn, sorry.
Why do we just not shut the door?
Why is the American tax payer OK with all of this?
Seems too easy.

OIP.hVJ5nrbdxqqLV-0qASINWAHaFj

The number of people older than you are is constantly decreasing.

I don't know about y'all, but the holidays always make me think of family that isn't here anymore. I don't wanna sound like a bitch, but I've been fighting back tears almost all day today.
First. - I agree completely.

Secondly it isn’t being a bitch to care about people. Placing others above one’s self - I would say is the most manly thing possible. (Especially if we go down the - God made man in His likeness and then He gave His son as the ultimate act of Sacrifice ….but I don’t wanna derail) Hurting for someone means you cared. We need more people to care for each other. Never be ashamed of being a good friend or family member.

It aggravates the hell out of me when people txt me like 5 times back to back talking about different subjects. Then when I reply an answer, they ask "which part are you referring to". Well, if you would wait for me to reply to the first damn part before you send several more texts, you would know.
See also: my wife….

Back