Random Thoughts.....

Hot dang! If the store had concentrated, I would have scooped it up! The point was the giant store with 5 shelves of off brand and name brand antifreeze only had 50/50. The mindless masses have spoken and prefer to overpay for 50/50, so that's what the store stocks...so now my life is impacted. Sure, it's a small thing, but that's why the miners carried canaries.
Damn. I didn't know canaries could mix antifreeze. Lazy ass miners.

So our office just finished up an addition on our building. we have grown alot and didnt have room for all employees. Now all the residential guys have a desk in a common work area. The commercial guys including me have always had shared offices. we came in today and made our switch. i got moved to a different office with a assistant pm on commercial side. no big deal both of us are in the office about 60/40. The other commercial PM lost his shit because he doesnt get his own office and his desk is to small. The guy works from home 2-3 days a week anyways. But hes packed all his shit and said later. dont know if he quite or just plans to work from home all the time. Either way i think its funny he is this tore up about moving offices and hes being super childish.

the only people who have their own offices are the pres., VPs, accounting people, estimators, and part of the designers so its not like he was being singled out to not have his own office.

I just told somebody in a text I'm traveling for work and they replied, "Be safe, and if thats not possible, have fun!"

and it really made my day.

There are SO MANY jeep wranglers for sale....why are they all still so overpriced?!

Because they paid too much and need to get that money back out of it.

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

I feel personally attacked

You sir, may consume a satchel of Richards at your earliest convenience :flipoff2:
:laughing:

My roommate and I used to hunt this farm in college. It was owned by the Sorrel brothers, Ray and Jimmy iirc. They were the last real farmers in the area. Turning onto old sorrel was like being transported 100 miles from Raleigh back then. I killed my first deer with a bow 30 yards from this house, just inside the wood line towards Blaney Franks Rd. Across the road, between the road and the lake was the prettiest piece of woods I've ever hunted. Big tall mature oaks and little to no undergrowth. Perfect deer hunting woods. I shot and lost my biggest deer to date at the bottom of the draw beside the lake there. It was the only day I ever remember it snowing in November and I skipped class to hunt in the snow. Big ol bastard was working a run line and was heading right to me. He had a branch hung in his horns and wasn't paying me a bit of mind. I got the worst case of buck fever and guy shot him at 15yds. I found my arrow covered in shit. Tracked him all over the place the next morning but lost him in the swamp beside Blaney Franks. Crazy and sad to see it being developed. I guess the Sorrel brothers have since died and the children do what shit ass children do, sell the family farm to the highest bidder.

Last edited:
My roommate and I used to hunt this farm in college. It was owned by the Sorrel brothers, Ray and Jimmy iirc. They were the last real farmers in the area. Turning onto old sorrel was like being transported 100 miles from Raleigh back then. I killed my first deer with a bow 30 yards from this house, just inside the wood line towards Blaney Franks Rd. Across the road, between the road and the lake was the prettiest piece of woods I've ever hunted. Big tall mature oaks and little to no undergrowth. Perfect deer hunting woods. I shot and lost my biggest deer to date at the bottom of the draw beside the lake there. It was the only day I ever remember it snowing in November and I skipped class to hunt in the snow. Big ol bastard was working a run line and was heading right to me. He had a branch hung in his horns and wasn't paying me a bit of mind. I got the worst case of buck fever and guy shot him at 15yds. I found my arrow covered in shit. Tracked him all over the place the next morning but lost him in the swamp beside Blaney Franks. Crazy and sad to see it being developed. I guess the Sorrel brothers have since died and the children do what shit ass children do, sell the family farm to the highest bidder.

Did they accidentally put a decimal in the acreage, or did they accidentally put a 1 at the front of the price? :shaking:

Don't forget the three maxed out credit cards for all the pretty bolt-ons.

Today's wisdom from Lysander Spooner: “A man's natural rights are his own, against the whole world; and any infringement of them is equally a crime, whether committed by one man, or by millions; whether committed by one man, calling himself a robber, (or by any other name indicating his true character,) or by millions, calling themselves a government.”

I work too much. We went to my Dad's in Clarksville TN for Thanksgiving and stopped in Gatlinburg on our way home last night. I woke up today and decided to spend another night up here with the wife and boys. These last few days with family has helped remind me that I need to spend more time with them.

You’re doing it wrong.
If I can get off my shoulders I'm good. For some reason fitting well enough to actually get work accomplished goes hand in hand with feeling like Houdini. Anything with cuffs that are not funnels for everything including my arms might as well be hand cuffs.

Or I need lesson.

If I can get off my shoulders I'm good. For some reason fitting well enough to actually get work accomplished goes hand in hand with feeling like Houdini. Anything with cuffs that are not funnels for everything including my arms might as well be hand cuffs.

Or I need lesson.
That’s where I’m at. Getting it on the second shoulder or off the first shoulder is the tricky part.

The world according to fish.
1669596264501.png

That's a pretty neat perspective of just how huge the Pacific is
are we really, really sure thre isnt a tiny ass body of land out there we aint found yet?

are we really, really sure thre isnt a tiny ass body of land out there we aint found yet?
Just as sure as I am that one fish has seen all that coastline

Back