Random Thoughts.....

If there’s ever been a music video that folks from here should recreate it’d be “I love my Country” by Florida Georgia Line.
@braxton357 the expectation has been set...

2022 was an ok year, but it most certainly had its share of negativity and for the last couple of months, I have been praying for positivity and blessings and just to get rid of all the negativity that I have allowed into my life. Monday, I had this epiphany that I can't just sit around and wait for everything just to fall into my lap, I've got to go hunt for it and work towards it and I will tell you, I know its only been a couple of days, but I just feel more focused, better mood, happier, and more patience. I guess God said "I'm not just going to give you want you want, but I will tell you how to get it"
I think 2023 is going to be a good year.

2022 was an ok year, but it most certainly had its share of negativity and for the last couple of months, I have been praying for positivity and blessings and just to get rid of all the negativity that I have allowed into my life. Monday, I had this epiphany that I can't just sit around and wait for everything just to fall into my lap, I've got to go hunt for it and work towards it and I will tell you, I know its only been a couple of days, but I just feel more focused, better mood, happier, and more patience. I guess God said "I'm not just going to give you want you want, but I will tell you how to get it"

Coincidentally, one of my pet peeves is when someone says 'have a great day'...99% of the time I'll respond with 'no, you have to MAKE it a great day'.

@braxton357 the expectation has been set...

You must have read my horoscope because that's what my side yard looks like this morning after trying to get the f350 dump hooked to a trailer. Why would you put this evil on me?

:edit: Finally un upset enough to go pull it, you can see the nice fresh piece of shit ford tracks
20230104_114805.jpg

Last edited:
Only the smiley teeth false teacher preach God blesses you because you ask. He blesses you when you practice many God loving and God fearing principles at once. I tend to think the blessing has already occurred we just have to sow the right seeds. Money, fulfillment, love, companionship, it's all available if you plant the right mentality and follow that with objective action. Even then perceptively bad things happen. It will be up to the individual to seek the viewpoint of Gods plan and what you do with it.

Only the smiley teeth false teacher preach God blesses you because you ask. He blesses you when you practice many God loving and God fearing principles at once. I tend to think the blessing has already occurred we just have to sow the right seeds. Money, fulfillment, love, companionship, it's all available if you plant the right mentality and follow that with objective action. Even then perceptively bad things happen. It will be up to the individual to seek the viewpoint of Gods plan and what you do with it.
Man, this is so true. Its hard to believe that I had been looking at this all wrong all this time. I always knew that God would bless your life in ways and some of them would be unexpected and sometimes disguise itself as something you need to do in order to get to this point in your life you seek. The other day, I literally just sat inside by myself and thought about how much I need to change...that I have been pushing the people around me to change when in reality, I also need to be better and be the one to change and I had just never looked at it in the light before and I believe that was God talking to me and telling me that I can have exactly what I am seeking, but I'm going to have to work for it and keep praying.

Man, this is so true. Its hard to believe that I had been looking at this all wrong all this time. I always knew that God would bless your life in ways and some of them would be unexpected and sometimes disguise itself as something you need to do in order to get to this point in your life you seek. The other day, I literally just sat inside by myself and thought about how much I need to change...that I have been pushing the people around me to change when in reality, I also need to be better and be the one to change and I had just never looked at it in the light before and I believe that was God talking to me and telling me that I can have exactly what I am seeking, but I'm going to have to work for it and keep praying.
Yes and a curve ball for you. When you really really lay it all down is when you figure out exactly what God intends and your personal want fall by the wayside. This will only come with maturity both in yourself but more in your relationship with him It's a path very worthy of walking and few make it to perfection. One all of us are called to work toward. That's why it's often referred to as walk, path, or seeking. Never a straight line and most definitely not linear.

You must have read my horoscope because that's what my side yard looks like this morning after trying to get the f350 dump hooked to a trailer. Why would you put this evil on me?

:edit: Finally un upset enough to go pull it, you can see the nice fresh piece of shit ford tracks
View attachment 388867
Dang that's a good looking chipper! Y'orta trade it for @rockcity's mini buggy.

Anxiety. How you can worry about something for years in fear of something happening that may never will and then you look back and think about all the time wasted on worrying.
A few years ago we did a small group study of Robert Morris and "The Blessed life". Basically it was about tithing and how you can't be blessed if you're not grateful for your blessings and give back. Anyway...that's not the point...the point is; that series changed our lives. And it also turned us on to Robert Morris.
During Covid we listened online to our regular church, but would also listen to his sermon every sunday online. Gateway church (Texas) has their own app and channel and made it easy.

One sermon in particular was on Anxiety. And his point was that Anxiety (meaning worry....not the kind of anxiety you need meds for) begins where faith ends. :eek: That kinda kicked me in the jimmy. I mean I KNEW that...but like most things RM just throws stuff right up in your face and makes you really look at yourself. Anxiety begins where faith ends...and Faith ends where anxiety begins. If you think about it, he's right. I was truly disappointed in myself when I started thinking about the things I worry about, and how stupid they are.

A few years ago we did a small group study of Robert Morris and "The Blessed life". Basically it was about tithing and how you can't be blessed if you're not grateful for your blessings and give back. Anyway...that's not the point...the point is; that series changed our lives. And it also turned us on to Robert Morris.
During Covid we listened online to our regular church, but would also listen to his sermon every sunday online. Gateway church (Texas) has their own app and channel and made it easy.

One sermon in particular was on Anxiety. And his point was that Anxiety (meaning worry....not the kind of anxiety you need meds for) begins where faith ends. :eek: That kinda kicked me in the jimmy. I mean I KNEW that...but like most things RM just throws stuff right up in your face and makes you really look at yourself. Anxiety begins where faith ends...and Faith ends where anxiety begins. If you think about it, he's right. I was truly disappointed in myself when I started thinking about the things I worry about, and how stupid they are.
wow, this is an eye opener for sure. I mean, I worry about things that are serious like my parents, my wife's parents and those things are sort of always in my mind and I have to not let myself go down that rabbit hole, but then there are things like work, and worrying about this or that and if this happened, what would I do? Just constant things that live rent free in my mind, that ultimately control your life or at least try to.

Wow, that is a throat punch for a fellow who thought he was walking a bit closer in his relationship who tends to worry about a lot of everything. But I will say I worry less then I did and in my eyes doing more with less. Different "less" of course. Biggest problem I have is the wife isn't on board with one of the "less" category. Her idea of my choices was from a financial blessing point of view, mine was from a different satisfaction and seeking self development. Content is definitely not financial reward for me.

Man this hits close until...
Then I worry if I will get what I want or what I deserve. As a rather self aware fucker who knows how bad he is and how little he deserves - aybe Faith is what creates anxiety. I think we are all better than we deserve, and maybe the anxiety is caused because I fear what Id eserve and then if its Fiath and fate its beyond my control at all and that really sucks. Loss of control makes me anxious. Although control is just an illusion I sell myself and put on a wall to fill my head with dreams.
Fuck now I need a drink to quell my anxiety.
Bastid.

Man this hits close until...
Then I worry if I will get what I want or what I deserve.
So.. your son did something dumb. He knew better. He knows he deserves to be punished. He acknowledges that. Do you bury him? Do you give him "what he deserves?"

I look at it from the perspective of a father myself... I was always more inclined to be soft on my kids than show them wrath. Because ultimately I was shown grace for MY mistakes... So, I extended it to them.

I can't believe our father would be one that "gives us what we deserve" especially when you consider the cross and what he has already done for us.

(Typically) YOU are your worst critic. Simply because YOU know all of your deep dark secrets and what an utter bag of dicks you are. But I 100% believe that's the demons on your shoulder whispering doubts and reminding you constantly of all those shortcomings.

Shortcomings that were cast into the sea (Micah 7:19)

How in the world does Vevor sell and ship stuff so cheap? I have bought quick attach parts from the twice now and I don't understand how they do it. I just bought a 3/8ish thick blank plate for $135 delivered. How is that even possible!?

How in the world does Vevor sell and ship stuff so cheap? I have bought quick attach parts from the twice now and I don't understand how they do it. I just bought a 3/8ish thick blank plate for $135 delivered. How is that even possible!?
Government owned businesses and currency manipulation.

And that's just on the US side.

Like a skid steer blank? AND i have no idea. I get the over seas wage difference and all but even shipping would kill average companies. I get a few things folks want and I'm flat honest you can buy it premade A whole bunch cheaper most times. I may shoot myself in the foot but its facts.

Government owned businesses and currency manipulation.

And that's just on the US side.
Please expound cause that alone doesn't make enough sense. Like I need more reasons to kneecap politicians with a .45-70 Henry, LOL MERICA!

Like a skid steer blank? AND i have no idea. I get the over seas wage difference and all but even shipping would kill average companies. I get a few things folks want and I'm flat honest you can buy it premade A whole bunch cheaper most times. I may shoot myself in the foot but its facts.

I have no idea how they do it and ship it for that price. If I tried to ship you a box of rocks that weighs what that plate weighs, the shipping would cost more than I just paid altogether.

The word RACIST is thrown around WAY too willy-nilly these days and it's DANGEROUS!

The difference between being a RACIST and just stereotyping is HATE

EVERYONE is guilty of stereotyping. It's in our nature. We see certain behavior in a vast number of specific people, and the assumption is........most people in this category are similar/same (ex. Asian women can't drive) hence, you smile and are friendly to the lady that works at the nail salon getting into her car, but you keep your distance, and wait till she's out on the road before you pull out in your own car. :smokin:

However, it goes from standard stereotyping to RACIST when you add in HATE to a stereotype (ex. All Latino's are illegal and here to take our jobs! :flipoff:) and you are rude and obnoxious to anyone that may look Latino.

Calling someone a RACIST who is pointing out a difference between a person of a different culture/heritage is just WRONG. Unless they are doing so while expressing their hatred for that culture/heritage.

This is a lesson I've had to teach both my girls EVERY time they came home from college. It seems now that college professors are hammering into these kids heads, that ANY form of stereotype, or acknowledgement of differences between someone that isn't your race or culture is supposed the be deemed RACIST and red flag laws should be adhered too, and the person needs to be cancelled :shaking:
These poor little snowflakes would have never survived a comedy club show in the 90's...or better yet, watching Blazing Saddles.

I don’t think racism has to include hate - but it does have to include inferiority/superiority.

In your above example - noting that Asian women are frequently poor drivers isn’t necessarily racist. But extending that thought to “Asian women are poor drivers that’s why Caucasian’s or Men are superior” that makes it racist. Even if you don’t hate the other person.

Back