Random Thoughts.....

No s***. I was looking for some physics and biochemistry explaining why you actually get an underdraft cooling effect by having the right color combo had enough bagginess, just like the robes worn in the Middle East.
I asked a Mexican construction worker one time, about their clothing. He told me he was cooler, keeping the Sun Off him, than it burning thru shorts sleeves & T shirts. Plus they can get sun-burned & blacks alike. Now the new fad [seems to be] with Hoodies, probably just a fashion thing. And you can get by without a bath for 10 days. 😖

Wanted to give an update to this. Got a pair of these and have been using them for a while. Game changer while riding mtb. Its really nice to be able to have a conversation with each other easily while riding. Range is a little more than line of sight but not much. When I hear the wife start getting digital I just slow down a little till she's back and carry on.
Update number 2. Turns out these are not sweat proof. As a guy that sweats like frosty in the greenhouse, these just don't hold up. I've now been through 4 and finely gave up. My wife still has hers but I cannot seem to get one to last. The last one I didn't even get a full ride out of before it said "goodbye" and died.

Now I'm on the hunt for something similar again. I truly loved these things. The ability to hold conversations easily while riding us so good. My daughter and I went on a ride together and we were able to talk for over and hour and a half. I have to find something else that will work.

Update number 2. Turns out these are not sweat proof. As a guy that sweats like frosty in the greenhouse, these just don't hold up. I've now been through 4 and finely gave up. My wife still has hers but I cannot seem to get one to last. The last one I didn't even get a full ride out of before it said "goodbye" and died.

Now I'm on the hunt for something similar again. I truly loved these things. The ability to hold conversations easily while riding us so good. My daughter and I went on a ride together and we were able to talk for over and hour and a half. I have to find something else that will work.
I trust you talked to the mfr about this. Thats a pretty major design flaw.

Sound of freedom is a tough movie to watch, but how amazing and eye opening

The opposition to this movie is perplexing. You'd have to have a private suite on Epstein island to want this movie suppressed

I was in "time management training" today and this woman went on a long tirade about how showing up to meetings just in time is too late. You should get there 10 minutes early always. Uset he time to get situated, feel prepared.... blah blah blah.
Aside from my immediate thought of "Anyone that is consistently that early to every meeting will look like they don't have enough to do"...

I have 4-6 meetings at least on any given day. That means this HR person is encouraging me to spend up to an hour, every day, wasting time just waiting for a meeting to start. Working time lost.

But then it occurred to me - wait - that also means the opposite is true right? I can SAVE an hour of time every day by being 10 minutes late to every meeting! Everybody wins then!

I was in "time management training" today and this woman went on a long tirade about how showing up to meetings just in time is too late. You should get there 10 minutes early always. Uset he time to get situated, feel prepared.... blah blah blah.
Aside from my immediate thought of "Anyone that is consistently that early to every meeting will look like they don't have enough to do"...

I have 4-6 meetings at least on any given day. That means this HR person is encouraging me to spend up to an hour, every day, wasting time just waiting for a meeting to start. Working time lost.

But then it occurred to me - wait - that also means the opposite is true right? I can SAVE an hour of time every day by being 10 minutes late to every meeting! Everybody wins then!
We had some kind of thing like that back at my old corporate job, they gave us the same schpill. "5 minutes early is on time, and on time is late." I told em its too bad they are not more efficient, because that sounds like a waste of time or they don't have enough to do, because some of us don't have time to just sit around and wait. They weren't sure what to say.

We had some kind of thing like that back at my old corporate job, they gave us the same schpill. "5 minutes early is on time, and on time is late." I told em its too bad they are not more efficient, because that sounds like a waste of time or they don't have enough to do, because some of us don't have time to just sit around and wait. They weren't sure what to say.
I just told the lady my job title was "wizard" and therefor I was always on time.
She didn't like that.

I will say - for the really painful, long meetings / events I'm early... but only so I can get the good seat... the one in the back corner out of line of sight of everyone.

I have some spray to help. You spray it on something near where they are bad. They go straight to it then the spaz out and die. A friend of mines whole 40x40 shop was covered in flies. His ceiling was almost black. Few spot and he had to sweep bad shovel them out. It’s food safe and all but obviously I don’t spray it on anything the kids or dog might get ahold of.
Update: bought some of this and been using it pretty liberally. They land on it and working 5 seconds they are on the ground bzzzzzIng and toast! Thanks for the recommendation.

Is a sex swing furniture?
Is a treadmill exercise equipment or clothing storage?’neithe get used for their intended purpose

whats up with these attention starved children (in grown up bodies) riding round on these motorcycles with 30" front wheels and a sound system that can be heard a mile away?
Just wait til you find out about squatted trucks!

Sound of freedom is a tough movie to watch, but how amazing and eye opening

The opposition to this movie is perplexing. You'd have to have a private suite on Epstein island to want this movie suppressed
I went to see it today. It is incredible. As a parent it made me want to charge thru the screen. Only an absolute bastard would oppose it. It shines a light on the filthy underbelly of child trafficking. When the film ended only 2 people left the theater. The rest of us sat a while.

Why are people so afraid to travel for an item? Have had numerous things for sale as I get ready to move and also over the years. I get through all the chit chat and negotiation only to find out they don’t want to drive the 1hr or whatever to get here and pick it up. If you want it go get it and if anything else use the magic googly machine to find a good restaurant or brew pub and make a lunch date with the misses so you can smooth over the situation of buying something she may complain about. I guess I just don’t get it.

PS: I see it all the time here on the board. “Oh if only you were closer” then I waste my time to map one place to the next and it’s not that far? Like damn, is your life so busy you can’t shell off a couple hrs on the weekends? Seems people are just to packed in their schedule. Take a breather, get in the car and go!

//rant.

When did or how did we loose the term Transvestite?
Has Transgender replaced this term?
Is the idea to over complicate the desire to dress opposite of your born biological sex regardless of sexual orientation?
Or are Transvestite folk just men dressed as Barbie but carrying on as masculine? Vice versa for women.

I actually looked up some definitions which seems pretty clear. Obviously I must not have evolved with the current. Apparently the definition of gender is now fluid and is primarily a choice. Greatly differs from the Greek and Latin root and meaning derived from the 1300's. Seems the new interpretation is from around 1945. My opinion aside this all smells of a lot of bullshit manipulation for each side to be correct.
All of this was spurred by a post elsewhere when I really did a lot of searching to figure it all out. Not that it matters to me in a life changing way. Just trying to be compassionate and human in respect to what seems to be either over played or a genuine concern when it comes to the development of a whole group of people. Sorting this only seems paramount when I think of the adolescent innocent.

I didn't feel like retyping this thought so I Screen shot it.

Screenshot_20230814-191811-743.png

Last edited:
Just trying to be compassionate and human in respect to what seems to be either over played or a genuine concern when it comes to the development of a whole group of people.
Man, if only everyone could be this reasonable about things.

Man, if only everyone could be this reasonable about things.
I think that's what I like about Drew the most.

I mean.. he's SO talented, and such a deep thinker that he makes me feel dumb 😭 but more than that the dude genuinely cares about everyone. Doesn't matter your color, political affiliation, gender, sexual preferences, or inability to reach stuff in the upper cabinets. He just wants to understand you so he can see things from your perspective.

I wish I was more like him to be honest. I shut down my slack for someone once they show their ego and insecurities. But even THAT doesn't seem to phase him.

Why are people so afraid to travel for an item? Have had numerous things for sale as I get ready to move and also over the years. I get through all the chit chat and negotiation only to find out they don’t want to drive the 1hr or whatever to get here and pick it up. If you want it go get it and if anything else use the magic googly machine to find a good restaurant or brew pub and make a lunch date with the misses so you can smooth over the situation of buying something she may complain about. I guess I just don’t get it.

PS: I see it all the time here on the board. “Oh if only you were closer” then I waste my time to map one place to the next and it’s not that far? Like damn, is your life so busy you can’t shell off a couple hrs on the weekends? Seems people are just to packed in their schedule. Take a breather, get in the car and go!

//rant.
I've got some damn good deals by driving to go look at something... may do it again tomorrow. I don't understand it we've cannonballed a run to NY to buy a transmission on a deal. Would I do it now probably not but at 19 it was a fun trip

Back