Random Thoughts.....

Why is it that no one walks into my office for an hour and a half...as soon as I let one rip, I have like 3 people in a row need to come talk to me? I wonder if they noticed... :lol:

So spitball math. First, I'm surely this is a grossly overexaggerated number but lets roll with it.
50k texts, that's 25k from each unless its a chronically lopsided conversation. (which is very possible).
5 months, 5k per month, that's averaging ~166 per day, every day, no breaks. Or 10 per hour, or one every 6 minutes for every waking hour of every day for 5 months.

Or, if you assume its a fast back-and-forth consersation, lets say 45 seconds to type, send and have received each message. Doing 166 of those would require constant work at that rate for > 2 hrs total every single day.

I'm pretty sure this must be a made up number.
My teenagers routinely hit 7k a month each

WTF is the difference between a lux and a lumin ?

Lumen is a measure of the "flow" of light...sort of like GPM of water or fuel flow.

Lux is basically the intensity of light, or how much light per unit area.

bet the youngsters on here never heard of a pay toilet. yup, pay to play. 10 cents, coin box on the door to the crapper, they were popular in airports. hence the origins of the poem "here i sit all broken hearted paid a dime and only farted."

bet the youngsters on here never heard of a pay toilet. yup, pay to play. 10 cents, coin box on the door to the crapper, they were popular in airports. hence the origins of the poem "here i sit all broken hearted paid a dime and only farted."
Well, no shit (no pun intended)... :lol: I've heard the little rhyme before, but never new the origin! I thought I was old (or at least my employees remind me...lol) but I never knew of the pay to play thing.

Until you go to the UK or parts of Europe, where public pay toilets are still fairly common in cities...

Lumen is a measure of the "flow" of light...sort of like GPM of water or fuel flow.

I've heard that before, but I want it quantified. Is one or the other stronger or brighter w the # of ? from what I can find they are equal or just as bright so why the different labels of the output?

I've heard that before, but I want it quantified. Is one or the other stronger or brighter w the # of ? from what I can find they are equal or just as bright so why the different labels of the output?
Ah, I see what you're after. One is not stronger than the other. One is dependent on the other. Lux is intensity of the lumens, or how tightly they are focused. So they really do tell you a couple different things...almost like "flow" and "pressure". Lumens would be the "flow" and lux would be the "pressure." Kind of like the analogy with current vs voltage...current is how much "volume" is flowing, voltage is the "push".

Ah, I see what you're after. One is not stronger than the other. One is dependent on the other. Lux is intensity of the lumens, or how tightly they are focused. So they really do tell you a couple different things...almost like "flow" and "pressure". Lumens would be the "flow" and lux would be the "pressure." Kind of like the analogy with current vs voltage...current is how much "volume" is flowing, voltage is the "push".

so focus is the difference ? spot or flood which is more, or are they measured differently ?

Yeah I remember that and our cheap / poor country asses would pay once then hold the door for the rest of the crew to get in for free. I still charge for guest at my house though.

Yeah I remember that and our cheap / poor country asses would pay once then hold the door for the rest of the crew to get in for free. I still charge for guest at my house though.
I remember watching a man in a business suit slither on the floor under the door to save a dime.

so focus is the difference ? spot or flood which is more, or are they measured differently ?
Yes - spot vs. flood is s good analogy.
Lux is lumens per unit area. So, say you have a light capable of producing 1000 lumens. You have the reflector focused to produce a spot covering a 1 square meter area at a particular distance away of 1 meter (distance obviously reduces the intensity, thus the lux reduced as well). This would be measured as 1000 lux. Keeping the same distance, you adjust the reflector such that the light now spreads over 10 square meters. Now you have 100 lux, although the light still produces 1000 lumens. Make sense?

Volts vs. Amps kinda thing then.....I learned somethin too!

Yes - spot vs. flood is s good analogy.
Lux is lumens per unit area. So, say you have a light capable of producing 1000 lumens. You have the reflector focused to produce a spot covering a 1 square meter area at a particular distance away of 1 meter (distance obviously reduces the intensity, thus the lux reduced as well). This would be measured as 1000 lux. Keeping the same distance, you adjust the reflector such that the light now spreads over 10 square meters. Now you have 100 lux, although the light still produces 1000 lumens. Make sense?
These examples are not particularly good.
It's really more like the difference between speed and velocity. One requires the integration of a dimension the other does not.

I've never seen Brownback mountain, but I DID just watch fast and furious Tokyo drift, and by FAR it's the gayest movie I've ever watched

Did Cordell walker regear his truck or did he just throw those big meats on the dodge and send it?

Until you go to the UK or parts of Europe, where public pay toilets are still fairly common in cities...
We were in Germany a few years ago and we had stopped at a rest area/truck stop type place and the tour guide was appalled that we went to the bushes to pee.Said he wouldn't be responsible if we got arrested for it.

These examples are not particularly good.
It's really more like the difference between speed and velocity. One requires the integration of a dimension the other does not.
Would you expand on that? I don't think I particularly agree with your analogy. Speed is simply a magnitude of how fast something is moving, where velocity does in fact include direction. I don't know if I see the connection with this to lumens vs lux.

We were in Germany a few years ago and we had stopped at a rest area/truck stop type place and the tour guide was appalled that we went to the bushes to pee.Said he wouldn't be responsible if we got arrested for it.
They don’t appreciate it in most of Europe for some reason. Now Asia on the other hand, not a problem.

That must have changed since the early 90's

One of my best friends was stationed in Frankfurt and would piss in the streets coming home from a pub. He came home in 95 and was nearly arrested when we left a club and he tried to piss around the corner :lol:

Quit my real job last week. Kinda enjoying this Mr. Mom thing. Thinking I’ll take the next 2-3 months off to be with the daughter. We’ve been planning on the wife finishing out this school year and staying home anyway...so this should allow her to do that, and give me a good break from corporate bull shit.

When do you pick up your Obama phone?

:D:flipoff2:

What do you think I’m surfing NC4X4 with right now??? Should be picking up my 7 year old Escalade on 26’s this afternoon. Then go get my steak and lobster with my stamps after that.

Kinda enjoying this Mr. Mom thing
My wife started real estate school two weekends ago, so I'm Mr. Mom every weekend until she takes the exam in March sometime.

Not gonna lie, I've really enjoyed the time I've had with just them. Only two weeks in though so we'll see what happens come week 6 ;)

Back