***RELEASE THE KRAKEN***

Got dash fabbed up (still have to mold it in later), had to mount cluster in the middle no room above steering wheel:
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0316.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0317.jpg

Interior fuse box mounted & ECM:
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0318.jpg

Got gauges looking better:
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0322.jpg

Got seats mounted (front passenger on back order):
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0321.jpg

Got front Rock & XZL's in place merely for movement to get it to Chris:
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0319.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0320.jpg

more updated to follow...

Got it moving (has temporary blocks for lift) to load up & take to Chris (MarsFab):
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_1276760805885imagejpeg_2.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_1276760819963imagejpeg_2.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_1276760813138imagejpeg_2.jpg

(Can't rotate pics now uploading with phone)
more to follow...

holy :poop: its a beast! cant wait to see this thing finished.:beer:
Should be pretty flexible to when I get it back from Chris (& about 8-10"s higher than pics).

I say this thing yesterday at Chris' place, It is ungodly huge. It looks like an unusually long wheel base. Going to be interesting making the tight turn on Daniel.

I say this thing yesterday at Chris' place, It is ungodly huge. It looks like an unusually long wheel base. Going to be interesting making the tight turn on Daniel.
It should be around 167-170" wheelbase. Moving rear axle up & cutting about 3-4' off the rear Super Duty frame. It'll be a tight squeeze about ever where.

This is not much but for a size comparison the samurai in front of it could drive it's hood under the frame.
038.jpg

you are outside of the box....:beer: shweet

Yeah, it's gonna be a big MoFo. I was shooting for something different but still capable of trail/mud use & be street worthy. I've always liked my Jeep (just wished it had more room & rear seats) & always wanted a diesel, so I decided to make one.
Thanks for all the comments everybody & appreciate the comparison pic Chris.
Rig's gonna be having 4 link put on so I consider this a mini break (until I get it back, then it's time start digging on the body work, steering, braking, wiring.......)

Almost forgot joint pics.
These are the Ballistic Fab 3.0's for lower links:
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0237.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0235.jpg

Upper links look the same just there 2.63 version.
Lower link tube is 2 1/2" 3/8 wall DOM & upper link tube is 2" 1/4 wall DOM.
Still waiting on the Ballistic Hybrid Coilovers. B Fab's got nice shit just takes a month or two to get it. So if any body wants to use there stuff on you're build order it about three months out (I think they've pushed the 4x4 community to the back burner in lieu of their military contracts).

NEED SOME UPDATES a freind of mine saw this thing when u were taking it to mars and came to work talking about it .

NEED SOME UPDATES a freind of mine saw this thing when u were taking it to mars and came to work talking about it .
Chris has it now, gonna work his magic on the suspension. I should have it back in about two or three weeks. Then it's body work time, wiring, brakes, steering, etc... Gonna try a tractor trailer style hood pivot (hood opening forward, hood/grille/fenders).
I feel sure Chris will post up some pics once he starts on it.

Ballistic Fab Hybrids finally came in:
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0325.jpg

Quarter for shaft comparison (these are 2.5's):
ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_CIMG0324.jpg

Just for curiosity's sake, why did you wait for Ballistic when you could have ordered Fox's and had them in half the time for much cheaper? The guys at Ballistic are my boys but I would never order shocks from them.

Back