Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

Bunch of AN hose arriving later today. The fuel hose I had been using totally hardened up at some point. When I took it off the truck, it's no longer flexible. Instead, you can snap it nearly in half.
Checked a couple more little items off the list last night. Firewall wiring is tidied up, as is the headlight wiring
If @braxton357 would grace me with a call back :flipoff2: I'd have a wiper motor connector and dash bezels to install.
Gonna make a big day out of it on Sunday and hopefully have it running smoothly and tuned.
Really, I wanted to say I received a long black dongle (PCM to laptop cable) from Amazon yesterday.

Wipers, CB, heater, gauges all wired
Fuel hose arrived but Summit shorted me a couple AN fittings. They'll be here tomorrow for a long thrash fest on Sunday
PXL_20230119_222229217.jpg

Bunch of AN hose arriving later today. The fuel hose I had been using totally hardened up at some point. When I took it off the truck, it's no longer flexible. Instead, you can snap it nearly in half.
Checked a couple more little items off the list last night. Firewall wiring is tidied up, as is the headlight wiring
If @braxton357 would grace me with a call back :flipoff2: I'd have a wiper motor connector and dash bezels to install.
Gonna make a big day out of it on Sunday and hopefully have it running smoothly and tuned.
Really, I wanted to say I received a long black dongle (PCM to laptop cable) from Amazon yesterday.
You and those dongs

Well crap. Summit didn't get my fittings shipped in time. I'm gonna see if I can make what I need with random stuff from Lowes temporarily.
If not, I'll plan to wrap up the wiring and hang all the sheet metal on Sunday afternoon.

Well crap. Summit didn't get my fittings shipped in time. I'm gonna see if I can make what I need with random stuff from Lowes temporarily.
If not, I'll plan to wrap up the wiring and hang all the sheet metal on Sunday afternoon.
I have some an-6 fittings in fletcher but I won’t be home till 8 ish about 5

Wiring is done. As soon as the fitting arrives tomorrow, I can wrap up the fuel system and it's time to run and tune it
Installed some rear lights today, loomed
under hood and under the dash. Secured harnesses and fluid lines
Started hanging the body panels today. Remember kids, measure 27 times and cut once.
Otherwise, you're doing body work afterwards.
PXL_20230122_194535729.jpg
PXL_20230122_200425720.jpg
PXL_20230122_220150703.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer to measure 1.5 times then build my truck around that error LOL
Geez. I had the old front fender to go.off of and everything. Still managed to cut it 3/4" short at the headlight opening.
Doing sheet metal work with a 220V welder sucks! Hooray for bondo

Fuel lines made and installed. New cable made from solenoid to starter. MAP vacuum hose installed to PCM
Ready to fire and tune...
Dang starter crapped out😕
Decided to swap the 42s off the YJ and got it ready to pickup.
Made a list to grab at Advance tomorrow and hopefully get it running for good Thursday

New starter on and spins nice and fast. Spitting flames out the tailpipe, so time to nail down the timing and tune
I called @braxton357 while he was at Lowes, pretending to be an illegal alien seeking housing. He answered quickly and offered me some tuning help after realizing I'm the dude with the wife he always thought was cute
I may bribe him with ribs and flat beer to come up the mountain and help with the Holley stuff
@thebrotherinlaw gonna swing by Sunday and help me muscle the doors in.
With a little luck, it drives out the shop this weekend (still needs aesthetics).

Last edited:
Back