Stock market

saupload_regression-to-trend-1-7-21.png

The slope of that line all depends on where you start it.
Even the 100-year line looks different.

Stupid humans... want things to look linear.... when nothing ever is...

And...for a decade or two, we have been in uncharted territory, with no precedent (not unlike the previous 100 years).

Speaking of finances - after two years, my crypto is now worth more than I paid for it. By about $200 bucks. :/
I cashed mine out last week. Sounds like we had a similar buy in at a similar time, haha.

From an article:

“…the S&P 500 has been following a pattern typical of recessions since 1990, one that sees the recovery occur in three phases: an initial recovery, a period of consolidation, and a second rebound. The initial recovery has lasted an average of 10 months, with an average return of 48 percent. That was followed by a period of consolidation that lasted from two to seven months and saw stocks sink an average of 17 percent. That was then followed by another rally…The current bounce from the March lows has lasted about 10 months and produced gains of just over 71 percent. If the market follows the historical pattern, it should pull back by spring – but that will be a buying opportunity.”

Well, it crashed today. I've heard no reason for it. Maybe Spring is early. Quick, somebody tell the Weather Man!

The volatility surrounding the short squeeze with gme, amc, bb, bbby, and has pulled many conventional investors away from the market yesterday.

Battle between the hedge funds shorting gme 120-140% with expirations on those starting 1/29, and retail investors that like “gamestonk” is what is hurting the overall market despite the gains for retail investors.

Estimated $3-$11B losses for hedge funds in the short currently. That’s what led to the bailout of Melvin on Monday.

It’s crazy, it’s like watching some of the financial power go from the hedge funds back to the retail investors. Looks to be like a financial revolution.

As of this post, GME is up 1000% from last Friday as the squeeze heats up.

Several of the top retail investors that saw this coming bought in with $20-50k when the stock was at $4-$7.

They are into the 15-40 millions gain currently between shares and calls.

Funniest thing I’ve read:
The short squeeze and GME has done more for retail investors as far as an economic stimulus in the last week than the Govt has in 18 months”

Last edited:
The volatility surrounding the short squeeze with gme, amc, bb, bbby, and has pulled many conventional investors away from the market yesterday.

Battle between the hedge funds shorting gme 120-140% with expirations on those starting 1/29, and retail investors that like “gamestonk” is what is hurting the overall market despite the gains for retail investors.

Estimated $3-$11B losses for hedge funds in the short currently. That’s what led to the bailout of Melvin on Monday.

It’s crazy, it’s like watching some of the financial power go from the hedge funds back to the retail investors. Looks to be like a financial revolution.

As of this post, GME is up 1000% from last Friday as the squeeze heats up.

Several of the top retail investors that saw this coming bought in with $20-50k when the stock was at $4-$7.

They are into the 15-40 millions gain currently between shares and calls.

Funniest thing I’ve read:
The short squeeze and GME has done more for retail investors as far as an economic stimulus in the last week than the Govt has in 18 months”

Some brokers are now doing this to clients. Speculation is that this to protect the hedge funds from going bankrupt as the squeeze tightens.
Not my screenshot, copied.
4066C105-E6B7-459F-9939-0BE456117E46.png

Almost every stock I mentioned above that the short squeeze is happening on, brokers are blocking the buying of any more.
How is this not the definition of market manipulation?
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the definition of market manipulation and corruption!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It’s crazy, webull just said it’s because it costs to much to get the trades thru the clearing house bc of the price increase over the last week.

that doesn’t make sense when amc, NOK, bb, etc were selling at much much lower prices but were also restricted

Yup, tried getting in this morning to buy amc and look at gme depending on price. Completely locked out. I'm also locked out of AAL, SNDL, NOK, and NAKD. I can't buy any of those stocks but I can sure sell them for a loss.

It's pure market manipulation. The big hedge funds can screw us but when it happens to them they stop it.

I mean, its certainly funny. But yall are claiming market manipulation by the hedge funds but really what everyone is doing is market manipulation.

Short selling is used for a lot of reasons. Its not necessarily "evil". If the stock is overpriced, and you had know it, whats the problem with short selling?

I guess i don't get behind the "everyone on wall street is evil" bandwagon. I think some people watched wolf of wall street too many times.

Back