"Take 92" - YJ Linked with Nines

Nice! That's a good looking 4-link kit. I've been keeping an eye on it. Look forward to see and hear some info on how it goes together. Does Motobilt give you upper and lower length recommendations?

Fuel cell and light bar

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_fuelcell.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_lightbar.jpg

BAM 4 link kit is in.

I do need to weld it all the way in but it is tacked and all lined up ready to make some links..

looking from the rear
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4787.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4788.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4789.jpg

looking from the front.. I am going with a dana 300 passenger drop front axle and looks like plenty of driveshaft room
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4790.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4791.jpg

Also took of rear tailgate and few small things in the way for crusher corners and clamped them up to see what I need to cut and then set rear axle in place with rig at full bump

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4792.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4793.jpg

then I placed my 14" Sway a Way air shock in at full compression to see if it cleans and I think I will be good.
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4795.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4797.jpg

Coming together nicely! Can't wait to see it finished.

had a few minutes in garage today..

Rear quarters are cut and Genright Aluminum corners are on.
Rear axle is centered and now just need to assemble rear axle and start making rear links.

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4800.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4801.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4803.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4804.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4805.jpg

Welded in some weld washer so I would have the correct size hole for my johnny joints that I am running

then I used a buddies 40" tire to see if I want to go that big and I am pretty sure I will stick with 37's

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4806.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4807.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4810.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4812.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4813.jpg

My future plans are 5:89s and 37s for my 9/44. I have people tell me I should just go to a 40". Ready to see how this goes for you cause you'll have several trips in before I ever get that far. I would feel better on 37s since I like to beat on it pretty hard.

40s! 'Cause everyone else with a YJ or TJ is doing it! :gitrdun:

no pics.. but we got rear lower control arms made, worked on dana 300 cable shifters and 300 is now ready to be installed for good, and I pulled out all the parts to build the front axle..

How much wheelbase stretch are you doing front and rear?

went and got some threaded rod to make my dana 300 cable shifter mount.. that is done

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4847.jpg

then I cleaned up front axle with wire wheel ( i hate those things) but it got most of the rust off so I can start building front axle

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4849.jpg

and I have all the parts except inner axle seals which should be here first of next week then it is time to build the axle and put it in place.

worst part is waiting for parts to show up.. but if all goes well a bunch should be here next week then I can work every night on it to make some real progress

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4850.jpg

had a few more hours in the garage today. I got the entire 4 link kit welded up (had to stop twice due to welder needing to cool down)

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4854.jpg

and then I wire wheeled the 300 and put one coat of paint on it
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4853.jpg

well I just keep trying to get an hr or so in each night.. lots more to do

I made new transmission mount tonight and put another coat of paint on 300 and primed all bare metal on 4 link kit.

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4861.jpg

mounts
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4859.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4860.jpg

and then cross brace.. used 1.5" .120 DOM with bushings on each end
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_4858.jpg

Back