The Green Jeep - 94 YJ Sahara

Love some GM. Glad yall had a good trip!

Let’s see if this help air flow under the hood. If anything it looks mildly cool and adds 10HP because it came with two stickers.
IMG_3762.jpeg
IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3753.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 6
Got ya, I rarely overheat but I’m not running fenders at all. Was thinking about doing the vents too to help with the heat. Mine sits outside most of the time so idk that I wanna do it.

Yeah this hasn’t been an overheating issue. Mechanical fan and oem shroud works great. Just have had issues with vapor lock due to all the heat trapped in the engine bay.

I did mount these further back than the instructions specify so that the louvers were right over the engine and I left the drip trays out since it stays in the shop. But the motobilt kit does have them to keep water off the engine if it sits outside a lot.

Yeah this hasn’t been an overheating issue. Mechanical fan and oem shroud works great. Just have had issues with vapor lock due to all the heat trapped in the engine bay.

I did mount these further back than the instructions specify so that the louvers were right over the engine and I left the drip trays out since it stays in the shop. But the motobilt kit does have them to keep water off the engine if it sits outside a lot.
Yea, I’ve seen your heat soak problems. Surely it will fix that. Had the same happen with a wj before. Simply popping the hood and leaving it on the safety latch while wheeling would solve it. The v8 in mine stays pretty good. Just a few times it got hot. But probably need a cooler thermostat to start with

Back