The Never Tight TJ Build

Shit, that is a damn steal for it then. Ugh I want it but I sold my trailer and all and got out of it fully but daaaamnit.
I can find you a trailer and by me I really mean @77GreenMachine because he can find and sell anything.

RCV's have left the building
20210912_235655.jpg

Stripped the splines on both the star and inner shaft. Kinda shocks as they were in good shape compared to the stub/bell splines.

Order chromos and super joints through ECGS however they didn't have the short side inner. Order it through one of my wholesale accounts, of course it was to long. So called Branik today at lunch and had them expedite make me a custom length for the short side. Had an email at 2:29 that it had shipped. Now that is some freaky fast service, only paid for 2 day turnaround and they got it knocked out and shipped in the same day. They have definitely earned my buisness for future axle shafts.

Will my buddy @Crunchy decided he wanted a rig that was a bit smaller and I jokingly through mine or as a trade offer. That was the easiest 1 ton V8 swap I've ever done. Sad to see my TJ leave but I know it's going to a good home and it's not like I won't see it again.

😥
20211030_150352.jpg

😎
20211030_172811.jpg

Have a 6.0/TH400 to swap inplace of the 5.7 LT1/SM465, looking for a NP205 to swap out the Rockwell case. Should be fun continuing to update this rig from when it was first built and @D2320M brought it to the shop for the front 4 link. Have two wheeling trips planned before any major work starts.

Well, I reckon ole Never Tight is living up to her name & making her way round the block again

So usually me and @adamk always rode together to go pick up jeep parts, we still do but now we get to take both our boys with us. A pretty good reminder that time doesn't stand still. No pics of the little dudes but I'm pretty sure Jameson will be asking for a baby brother again here soon.

Went and picked up a new header for the TJ to do the ole cat delete, this thing for as long as I remember has had an exhaust leak at the manifold where the cats hook up at. I'd have to pull everything to fix it anyways so it's getting a header instead. Just a cheap ching chong version but it's all stainless (low grade of course). Should make the rev limiter sound a bit mpre rowdy.
20221127_164936.jpg

So usually me and @adamk always rode together to go pick up jeep parts, we still do but now we get to take both our boys with us. A pretty good reminder that time doesn't stand still. No pics of the little dudes but I'm pretty sure Jameson will be asking for a baby brother again here soon.

Went and picked up a new header for the TJ to do the ole cat delete, this thing for as long as I remember has had an exhaust leak at the manifold where the cats hook up at. I'd have to pull everything to fix it anyways so it's getting a header instead. Just a cheap ching chong version but it's all stainless (low grade of course). Should make the rev limiter sound a bit mpre rowdy.
View attachment 386193
I'm telling on you about the cat delete 😜

Last edited:
Back