TJ to JK the Medication build

Much better tire choice man!!

New sliders are on, orderd these from off road evolution, they have a great reputation, lot better clearance that I had and as tough as it gets, I welded them on today. Also rockin new CTB decal for the Jamboree, got er all shined up to raise some money for FOU!!

IMG_1140.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG

I pushed it as long as I could on the factory ball joints and pushed the factory tie rod to its limit, I only made it 14,000 miles before the nylon bushing ball joints in the C,s were trashed.
I have see Carolina Metal Masters work before and it is top notch. Ive got to get the Jeep ready, Moab bound again next year:driver:

So here is another update.

Added new springs to the front for an additional 1.5" of lift to get rid of some of the rake.
alh6.googleusercontent.com__a8wO5SQa_ng_Uq8C2eIupOI_AAAAAAAACGo_1maQ_F0kwDo_w1165_h874_no_JW_JK1.jpg

Added a custom grab bar.
alh3.googleusercontent.com__v1ZHRWTZzsY_Uq8C0R1TmPI_AAAAAAAACG52e91fb262e2cf649a5d055395ba96c4.jpg

7075 Tie Rod and Fox Steering stabilizer with our 7075 Steering stabilizer / Ram mount
alh5.googleusercontent.com__oQpgMv5wxQQ_Uq8C1QyLtQI_AAAAAAAACGk_m3jPGpOXEIw_w1165_h874_no_JW_JK3.jpg

There are also new Alloy USA ball joints installed. We are waiting on some new Fox shocks and a new front diff cover to wrap it up this week. While I have it I'm going to straighten the engine skid and reinforce it also along with building some new front swaybar links so that his sway bar doesn't invert with his added lift and his new longer travel shocks.

Man I cant wait to get it back! Awesome work guys, and that grab bar is just too cool. It looks much better without so much rake and I am sure its gonna drive a whole lot better, this will complete my front end as far as the axle goes. Might throw some cromolly shafts in the rear first of the year. This will be the setup that I will run for quite a while, until later down the road, then maybe 2.5 rockcrawler, 5.13s and 38,s but that is pretty far away.

Brian and Jeremy have been super helpful, have given advise and answerd every question I have had. I have learned that doing things right with quality parts goes a long way.

(Looking good Jason. I like that new beefy tie rod! ) qoute

I seriously doubt I will ever need another one, that's for sure.

Last edited:
And then there is the payoff.

Final parts list:
-CMM Tie Rod
-CMM Steering Stabilizer / Ram mount
-Fox 2.0 Ressi Shocks
-Fox 2.0 steering Stabilizer
-Alloy USA Ball Joints
-G2 Front diff cover. Looks identical to the Riddler if anyone cares. Nice piece for a good price.
-JKU Front Rubicon springs
-Extended front sway bar links
-CMM Grab Bar
-CMM Grab Handles

And one happy Jeeper!!!!!
alh6.googleusercontent.com__HMPI4f11Bs4_UrYYZ_n53FI_AAAAAAAACJA_4_k5QiuH5WU_w792_h594_no_JW_JK_4.jpg

alh6.googleusercontent.com__AlZ0lY_reag_UrYYhWLtcLI_AAAAAAAACJY_Ms7csn0CEio_w792_h594_no_JW_JK5.jpg

alh3.googleusercontent.com__gyDGYmnbDdQ_UrYYgo4Hw0I_AAAAAAAACJM_PtDp7fKeRZ0_w446_h594_no_JW_JK2.jpg

alh4.googleusercontent.com__JcFr_Ds4PaE_UrYYg2RxsvI_AAAAAAAACJU_wI8gxabo3e8_w792_h594_no_JW_JK3.jpg

alh3.googleusercontent.com__InpB9IT50NM_UrYYZDr9DPI_AAAAAAAACI8_MlyG222f5ws_w446_h594_no_JW_JK.jpg

alh5.googleusercontent.com__WjClfSJoCh8_UrYYYpc7t8I_AAAAAAAACI4_LeeoIsg1qLo_w792_h594_no_JW_JK1.jpg

Just got it home and what a huge difference all this work has made, steering feels tighter than it did new and rides awesome. I should have done all of this last year before I got to the point of driving bad. If you are in a Jk and just starting to build it up, do not ignore your steering and ball joints, they will not last long.

Thanks Carolina Metal Masters, fine job guys!

I am having to make a few more changes, the JKS track bar for the front was advertised for a 1-6 inch lift, I found out the hard way that it hits the front diff at compression. Did some research and found that it is a common problem with lifts shorter than 3 inches, and yes that is with correct bumpstops. I ended up ordering one from Currie that has a bend over the diff instead of in front, lesson learned.
I have been having issues since day on with the MTRs , the first go round at Discount tire they told me they balanced them the best they could and had a good bit of shake in them from the first day, had them balanced three more times at two different stores and after this last time I have had enough. The MTR,s seemed to do well on the trail, not really any better than any other I have ever had, but absolutely sucked for me on the highway. I have read about certain sizes of 17,s having issues, whatever it is I will never buy another set of goodyear mt,s. I am going back to the Nitto Trail Grapplers, tough as hell and did great on trail.
Shot out to Discount Tire! I called the manager (Mike) at disount tire hickory after the balance was done at the Denver store and explained my situation. They are going to give me total credit on the purchase price and roll over my no questions warranty, now that is customer service.

Back