TJ to JK the Medication build

IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG

A little change, I allwys felt like I had weird vibes at certain speed, I knew my tires were well balanced but was allways weary about my steel wheels. Since they were knew I noticed that the manufacturing looked rough, welds were rough, lug nut seats looked oblong. When I origianlly bought them my thinking was go steel, there tough and cheap. I bit on a new set of ATX artillery wheels in teflon grey, and what a big difference on the highway, no more weird vibes and got a little more mall credibillity too.

Lesson Learned!

Last edited:
Leaving for Moab in a few weeks, a while after I get back I am going to finish my lift. Currently I have 4dr front springs with a 1 inch spacer in the front, and 1 inch spacers in the rear. Going with the Rockcrawler 2.5 x factor, this lift will be full control arms and progressive springs, I think it will suit me best and will ride nice. My current shocks will work with it just fine.

Looks nice. Your new lift going to be long arms or short arms? You are on 35s right?

Looks good Jason. I can't wait to finish up the lift. We need to keep in mind lead times. RK is running about 3 weeks right now. It used to be 5-8 days but they are now saying 15 days.

I will be sure to call as soon as Im ready to take the plunge.

It will be standard jk mid arm, fourtunatly Jk arms are longer than the Tj arms are, no real need for long arms.

Cool, didn't know that, I am ignorant about JKs :)

I think I have got the details of what I am going to do to equip for 37,s, and thank to Carolina Metal Masters for helping me hash it all out. Here,s how it looks so far.
37x12.50x17 Nitto Tral Grapplers
Rock Krawler 2.5 x factor, with rear trac bar(front is allready done) rear pushed back 1 inch
Artec truss front and rear
Chromoly shafts rear(front is allready done)
Antirock sway bars front and rear
5.13 gears
Adams Ballistic driveshafts front and rear
Stainless brake lines
Artec track bar bracket
Rock solid performance sector shaft brace

Last edited:
Still currently waiting on parts, if you have ever had to deal with Currie, you understand!

Just got the Jeep back from Minton Automotive(THANKS GUYS), I recently developed the infamous 6spd JK throw out bearing rattle, I had noticed it this spring and since the last Moab trip it had gotten louder. I did a good bit of research and found out it is a very common problem, couldnt find much on it actuallly failing and talked to reliable freinds with the same problem that have riding on with it that way for 20,000 plus miles. I was fairly sure that I could continue on with it rattling. I decided to go ahead and get it changed(I dont have the time or a lift), simply because I take the Jeep very, very far from home and I cant change a throw out bearing or a clutch on the side of the trail, well , you can but not logical. The old bearing feels gritty but it wasnt completely bad so to say, with pressure aganst the bearing it was quiet, in resting position it has a lot of play in it.

I also added one more part to the list to help prevent the rare but devistaing sector shaft failure, on the trail it will stop you in your tracks, the only fix is another steering box. I went with a sector shaft brace from Rock Solid Performance, I really like the synergy one but it will not work with the RK springs I will be running and only clears pretty nuch just Synergy track bars, and I wasnt going to buy another track bar just for that.

Back