Toyota Monster Truck

Here is some earlier pics I havent posted yet. Getting the subframe right was probably the hardest part of this build so far. Also working with Rocks can be difficult. They are easy to mock up because there is so much surface area to weld to. The weight is the problem, moving them around is a chore. I used mini dollies you can buy at Harbor Freight. They worked pretty well especially when trying to line everything up for the 4-link bars.

Pics

Attachments

• NC4x456.jpg
    NC4x456.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,572
  • NC4x454.JPG
    NC4x454.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,620
Sorry I keep back tracking here. I keep finding more pics saved on different files on my computer. These are more suspension pics...

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,542
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,596
The rear axle was not lining up with the transfer case. So I had to spin the chunk around. I still need to drill out the holes for the studs and weld the old ones up. It would be a lot easier if the holes would have lined up the same when I turned the chunk but they don't!

Also as I mentioned earlier, I will not be using the drum brakes. I had to press the lug nut studs out to free up and remove the drum brake assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,574
  • IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,578
Here is a few pics of the old motor.

I am hoping to maybe meet up with "up-n-over" this weekend to see how he did his motor mounts seeing he has used the same engine I will be using...

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,596
  • IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,618
I sure hope so. I have 8 ft tall doors that are nine feet wide. I think the truck will be
8 4' tall. I hope if I let a little air out of the tires it will fit out. The other problem is the truck is 98 inches wide. So it will be tight as far as the with goes too.

Badass rig man. I could never get mine in my garage with the tires on it so we had to make due on the driveway. Not cool with the HOA around here. I think it is amusing seeing what everyone does behind closed doors in their garages, and getting under the HOA's nose. What is going to be the use for this bog ol boy? mud digger?

Luckly I have no HOA. I just built an XJ in my driveway. I am sure my neighbors are lovin me. I really don't care much for the mud. I will probably use it for an all around tuff truck. Maybe I will compete against up-n-over and the Release the Kraken rigs???????

put some slicks on it and see how that 4bt pulls.

I will let you know what Maco charges soon. I stripped the XJ and hopefully will be done sanding it by Sunday. I plan to take it in Monday morning!

Front towers. Beefed up the frame with 3/16 steel plates. Also beefed up the frame were the subframe ties in.

Can't get the pic to post?

Attachments

• IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,480
More Random Pics: Old engine and Cummins...

Attachments

• Toy6.jpg
    Toy6.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,485
I had the bright idea to put the truck on dollies so I could move it around my garage. When I tried to push it the rear left dollie slipped out and the truck flopped over. Luckly, I suffered no damage at all. I won't be trying that again. It will be staying where it is until the wheels are back under it!

Attachments

• Toy4.jpg
    Toy4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Toy5.jpg
    Toy5.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,509
The ride height is higher in the pic than what it will be. I moved the front axle foreword approx 11 inches and the rear back about 41/2.

Attachments

• Toy2.jpg
    Toy2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,446
  • Toy1.jpg
    Toy1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,485
Rockwell

Burning in the rear "Top Hat" and 4-Link brackets...

Attachments

• Toy3.jpg
    Toy3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,543
looks good dude. remindes me of my old buggy. let me know if you need help with that 4bt.

Toyota

I will thanks. I was just talking to up-n-over yesterday. You did a really good job on his cage.

Idk if thats going to be street legal. You might get pulled over. :flipoff2:

Looking good though. :beer:

Back