Toyota Monster Truck

Toyota

Will, it will be just as street legal as your 4-runner!!!!

this is gonna sweeet. shoulda went 54s:) cant wait to see some vids. so youve really not said what exactly your gonna do with it, you gonna run any trails? or just show?

Toyota

It may be a little big for the trails. I may do some tuff truck type stuff. I am going to Uwarre in October for a trail run with some friends with My XJ. So I will get to see first hand how big the trails are while I'm there. My truck is a little over 8ft tall and 98 inches wide. To answer your question I am not totally sure yet, but I am not into the show truck stuff at all. I enjoy building rigs as much as driving them.

It may be a little big for the trails. I may do some tuff truck type stuff. I am going to Uwarre in October for a trail run with some friends with My XJ. So I will get to see first hand how big the trails are while I'm there. My truck is a little over 8ft tall and 98 inches wide.

I give it one trail ride before you end up with coilovers popping through your hood. :D

Toyota

I beefed up the shock towers a good bit since the pics were taken. Will, do you have any suggestions?

I beefed up the shock towers a good bit since the pics were taken. Will, do you have any suggestions?

No, no, no. I'm saying I think if you take it out and decide to make it a trail rig you will end up wanting to lower it. Meaning you would probably end up mounting the coilovers through the hood.

Dang that is a sweet build. Wish i lived closer i would like to check it out in person. That's pretty much what i had in mind for my next build.

Thanks, I have not done a thing to it in four months. I am planning on starting back up on it this week.

Keep us posted. Im definatly gonna keep up with the progress of it.

I sure will. I will try to post some new pics, progress, etc, soon

Toyota Truck Rolling Stand

I am finally finished with my XJ, so I decided it was about time to get back on my Toyota Project.

I mentioned before that I almost rolled my truck over in my garage. After that incident I decided that moving the truck on dollys was not a good idea.

I found some heavy duty furniture moving wheels on ebay for 39 dollars. I used some scrap steel that was taking up space in my garage and created a custom dolly.

I also found some blue paint that I knew I would never use and created this masterpiece.

The plan is to be able to roll the truck outside. I need to finish up the frame and engine mounts and then paint everthing flat black.

I also need to wash the truck and lay down some decals on the body before I put the truck up in the air again....

dolly1.jpg

Toy Stand

I guess we will see :popcorn:

I am getting my C-6 rebuilt next week! A friend of mine is doing the rebuild for me. I should be ready to put the engine/drivetrain in soon. You can come over and help me weld in a few weeks?

Toyota Progress

I have had this truck for 18 years and it has seen many changes. Will at 4wheel parts has been getting on me about removing the roll bar. It really does not go with the current state of the truck so I decided to remove the roll bar and everything in the bed. I plan on welding up the holes then lay down some bed liner paint. Also, I will mount the gas tank and power tank in the bed and that will probably be it. I will also put the tail gate back on.

Attachments

• bed.JPG
    bed.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,305
  • gastank.JPG
    gastank.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,317
Toyota progress

I also got the chance to drill holes in my tube doors today so that I can mount my mirrors. I have been meaning to do this for a while. Soon they will be off to the powder coater!

Attachments

• tubedoors.JPG
    tubedoors.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,261
Man, now I feel bad about getting on you about it. :D

I'm sure yall can fab something way more suitable for back there anyways. Looking good. :beer:

Toy Roller

My dolly works. I was a little nervous about trying this but I think the dolly is way over built which is good. It rolls really well. I was able to roll it out side, turn the truck around and roll it back in with ease. I ordered my paint yesturday for the frame. I still need to smooth out the frame in places and weld in my motor mounts before I can begin painting.

Roll Cage

I bought a Marlin Crawler Roll Cage about a year ago. I decided to start on the cage tonight. The main hoop turned out to be about 5 inches to long so I made some adjustments..... I am sure many more adjustments wil be needed. I plan on tacking everything in place, then removing the cage to finish welding it up.

Rollbar1.JPG

Roll Cage

I got the roll cage tacked in place today. It is not as close to the roof as I would like. I wanted to clear my grab handle on the passenger side. I think it will look better when I rap it in some foam padding, the cage should look closer to the roof then. I think the cage turned out well over all. I still need to weld in my gussets and finish welding it together after I pull it back out of the truck.
Roll1.JPG

Roll2.JPG

You are right about that. Once I get the truck runnin it's first test will be the drive way. Hopfully I won't break something.... I am glad your are happy with the tire carrier. Keep in touch. I need to come visit you at the shop sometime

Back