Tractor time

So @rockcity you don’t notice any downside to the brackets underneath and find the hoe is capable (much better than a shovel)? I don’t have mud up here really but did bury my 424 beside the creek once LOL but that was a fluke.

More concerned about dragging on little steep hills and such with and without the hoe attached. I realize rear of the hoe will drag easily when attached.

Last edited:
Fwiw, I'll be selling my mother in laws tractor and all her implements in the coming weeks/ months. Little bigger than what you guys are talking about for the tractor. I'll list it on the site first when i get pics and whatnot.

2015 MX 4700 4x4 with a 4 way bucket 205 hrs.
Interested in info…
If it’s a 15 model it should be a 4800
14 was last year of 4700 unless I’m mistaken.
I’ve got it’s brother and grandpas and it’s surprisingly powerful

So @rockcity you don’t notice any downside to the brackets underneath and find the how is capable (much better than a shovel)? I don’t have mud up here really but did bury my 424 beside the creek once LOL but that was a fluke.

More concerned about dragging on little steep hills and such with and without the hoe attached. I realize rear of the hoe will drag easily when attached.

I don’t notice any loss of clearance. I’m not rock crawling with it. I stay away from stumps and such already because the front steering arms are somewhat low and exposed as is the fuel filter and hydraulic filter, so I’m already trying to stay away from things that will hang me up. Also, I’m in Greenville, so the land is relatively flat.

On a positive, if you do get hung up, the hoe and outriggers can usually free you up if whatever obstruction is causing an issue. :)

So @rockcity you don’t notice any downside to the brackets underneath and find the how is capable (much better than a shovel)? I don’t have mud up here really but did bury my 424 beside the creek once LOL but that was a fluke.

Doesn't the subframe come off with the backhoe?

Interested in info…
If it’s a 15 model it should be a 4800
14 was last year of 4700 unless I’m mistaken.
I’ve got it’s brother and grandpas and it’s surprisingly powerful
It was during the change year. It's the same tractor with a different badge, I think. That's what here Kubota dealer told her. I'm going up there this weekend and will have more info soon. I'll hit you up.

@Ron
Got it home yesterday. Cleaned up today. I have a gravel parking lot to tune up with the box blade at my dad's storage units and then it will be for sale

20211121_171732.jpg

She's a beaut, Clarke! Looks like a real, quality item :D

I do like how the M series has a larger/wider front tire than the L series. That was the only thing I didn't particularly care for on my L4400. That looks very similar in size to it. I feel like it's basically the perfect size tractor. Not too big, not too small!

So @rockcity you don’t notice any downside to the brackets underneath and find the hoe is capable (much better than a shovel)? I don’t have mud up here really but did bury my 424 beside the creek once LOL but that was a fluke.

Update…

I previously only used the tractor in eastern NC. No clearance issues.

I recently trailered the tractor to Maine to work on a driveway for a house we are building on some land. It is really rocky. And there are stumps.

What I found…

The subframe didn’t really limit clearances any less than needed. It did however limit driving over rocks and stumps that would have otherwise been prone to damaging the undercarriage. This was nice.

Other items I found…. The tractor does much better than I ever though in the rocky terrain, even the BH77. The main pivot of the backhoe was the limiting factor with clearances. It did hang up a little more than anything. That was frustrating sometimes.

The subframe didn’t really limit clearances any less than needed. It did however limit driving over rocks and stumps that would have otherwise been prone to damaging the undercarriage. This was nice.
So the subframe didn’t hinder you really as much as protect? That’s actually something I had not considered.

So the subframe didn’t hinder you really as much as protect? That’s actually something I had not considered.

Right. The one main item that hindered me the most was the actual back hoe where it stuck out by the outriggers. That kept getting hung up and banging on rocks. It even drags the ground when loading on the trailer.

Right. The one main item that hindered me the most was the actual back hoe where it stuck out by the outriggers. That kept getting hung up and banging on rocks. It even drags the ground when loading on the trailer.
Yeah just looking at the pics I knew the hoe itself would drag on stuff. The breakover angle when the hoe is off was a concern but I guess is really not an issue.

Yeah just looking at the pics I knew the hoe itself would drag on stuff. The breakover angle when the hoe is off was a concern but I guess is really not an issue.

Yep. But the subframe didn’t have any negative effects, only positive by keeping the axle and undercarriage from getting banged up.

Well I went to Mount Airy Equipment this morning and ordered my tractor. HST L2501 with loader, bucket, grapple, top n tilt, upgraded sway links and R4 tires.

After talking to the representative I decided not to get the back hoe. He said he generally discouraged the purchase and that if you’re patient a used one can be had later. He told me of the ones he’s sold, most end up trying to sell back to them.

So it’s over except the waiting, about 60 days he said to get the tractor and grapple in. Grapple is a company out of NC and is a root style with dual top jaw.

Last edited:
Debating all weekend whether to sell the small Shibaura diesel tractor or not. It would be great to have it to run a generator or keep the cultivator on it all summer for the garden 🤷🏼

It is Japanese quality and low hours.

It is a nice woods tractor/skidder because it is less than 4’ wide.

Then I think about that sweet money and a few more implements I could buy.

9FF082D5-89B6-437D-BD3F-AF5EE091BEE5.jpeg
57FCAC9A-BC0A-42A8-B1E9-E96605F47261.jpeg

Debating all weekend whether to sell the small Shibaura diesel tractor or not. It would be great to have it to run a generator or keep the cultivator on it all summer for the garden 🤷🏼

It is Japanese quality and low hours.

It is a nice woods tractor/skidder because it is less than 4’ wide.

Then I think about that sweet money and a few more implements I could buy.

View attachment 363645View attachment 363646
Sell it....unless you have a good source of aftermarket parts.
It looks like it is 4wd, if it is, you can get a pretty decent sale price out of it....hold onto it until spring if you want to maximize profit.
For the jobs you have listed, I would just buy a generator and a gas powered tiller or run a tiller behind the new Kubota.

Back