Tractor time

Sell it....unless you have a good source of aftermarket parts.
It looks like it is 4wd, if it is, you can get a pretty decent sale price out of it....hold onto it until spring if you want to maximize profit.
For the jobs you have listed, I would just buy a generator and a gas powered tiller or run a tiller behind the new Kubota.
I have generators but have access to a PTO gennie. I use a disc harrow, I don’t like tillers. Cultivator is what you use to weed the garden during the season.

I would keep it. But I also keep everything, so there's that
FWIW, I am also a hoarder....BUT I have discovered that letting go of some stuff that I hold onto for fear of not being able to replace it.....allows me the financial freedom to buy NEW-(ehm...to me) junk that I will slowly watch the earth reclaim.....and that brings NEW joy to my life for a brief period of time....until the cycle starts a new.

TRACTORS!

Ok, Mount Airy Equipment called yesterday and my tractor is ready to be delivered.

The rear remotes came in wrong and parts had to be ordered which set it back more than the 90 days originally quoted.

Will update with pics once delivered.

Man o man…power steering 😍

My favorite thing is probably the rear top n tilt, it makes using a blade a joy. I smoothed the driveway and gosh it is magical.

I used the grapple to move some heavy stuff and it’s like “where have you been all my life”. So happy to have it,

It pulled a full box of gravel with zero drama and no perceptible tire slip.

Worth the wait 👍🏻

4C55AD2D-B15C-4BE4-A231-19392F6D416A.jpeg
CDE3BDDF-098B-4BED-AFE0-DCB2369FAC09.jpeg
22EDDF4D-6112-4275-8F38-B727E7D2F53A.jpeg

I want a tractor with a loader. While I'm still poor though I'll keep pluggin away with the ole Ford. Looks like a sweet tractor!

I want a tractor with a loader. While I'm still poor though I'll keep pluggin away with the ole Ford. Looks like a sweet tractor!
I have had older tractors and while they get the job done, this will make it all much faster and easier.

Had a bunch of nay-sayers when I went hydro stat. Beside a bit of pump whine I absolutely love it and the comfort fact of my wife being able to get on the tractor and put it to work!
Same, Angie being able to operate it is huge for us.

Hydrostatic is fantastic on these machines. Makes it super convenient for loader work and ease of operation by the wife and kiddos.
It may be a dumb question, but I havent driven any. Does the hydrostatic have a "cruise control" type feature? When mowing I like to be able to set the throttle and gear and roll on. Not having this would bring the suck.

It may be a dumb question, but I havent driven any. Does the hydrostatic have a "cruise control" type feature? When mowing I like to be able to set the throttle and gear and roll on. Not having this would bring the suck.
Some do, all it does is lock the pedal down throttle is set as normal for pto operations
Mine tends to be just a bit slower when cruise is set than if i just keep my clod hopper on the pesalnto the floor

Yeah, if your doing lots of bush hogging on acreage, the hydrostatic isn’t the best option since it takes user input to keep moving forward. Shuttle shift is much better for that. But, for fine detailing around trees or debris, the hydrostatic is great and operates like a live PTO.

If bush hogging is the primary use, hydrostatic may not be the best. But for loader work or BH work, it’s hard to beat.

Yes, mine has cruise. Set the speed with the handle and just relax and drink while the brush hog makes angry noises.

Ok so you Tractor guru's I've been thinking and looking at things. I'm at least a year away from actually being able to get serious. Anyone have any experience with the hoe attachments? Are they very limited or are they like any other hoe? Also it seems from my research that the loaders and grapplers can't lift as much as I thought. @rockcity can they pick up a 12' wet log to move for milling easily?

Ok so you Tractor guru's I've been thinking and looking at things. I'm at least a year away from actually being able to get serious. Anyone have any experience with the hoe attachments? Are they very limited or are they like any other hoe? Also it seems from my research that the loaders and grapplers can't lift as much as I thought. @rockcity can they pick up a 12' wet log to move for milling easily?

The back hoe is as good as it can be for that tractor. It’s not super powerful and can be costly. But I can tell ya that I’ve used it way more than I ever imagined and can’t fathom not having it as part of the tractor. With a few more $ you can probably find a used mini excavator but then it’s another piece of equipment to maintain.

My grapple can pick up as much as the bucket. For the l2501, it’s about 900lbs. I use it to load my mill and it’s been able to lift every tree I’ve asked it to with just a couple exceptions.

9F0C1CDF-B283-47BC-9F7B-95B71F101987.jpeg

The back hoe is as good as it can be for that tractor. It’s not super powerful and can be costly. But I can tell ya that I’ve used it way more than I ever imagined and can’t fathom not having it as part of the tractor. With a few more $ you can probably find a used mini excavator but then it’s another piece of equipment to maintain.

My grapple can pick up as much as the bucket. For the l2501, it’s about 900lbs. I use it to load my mill and it’s been able to lift every tree I’ve asked it to with just a couple exceptions.

View attachment 373414
Good info thanks. I guess I need to look at what a set up like that cost vs a mini-x.

Good info thanks. I guess I need to look at what a set up like that cost vs a mini-x.

The mini is going to be notably more expensive for anything decent. If you are mechanically inclined and don’t mind working on something, the mini may be the way to go.

For me, I wanted to jump in something and it be ready to go. I didn’t want to work on it before I was ready to use it. A mini that was remotely close to my budget was high hours and most had their own set of issues or quirks that I wasn’t interested in dealing with. And, it helps that kubota had 0% interest for financing the tractor and attachments. :D

Back