Trends that I just don't get....

Croatan_Kid

How's your hammer hangin'?
I don't understand the squatted look all these numb nuts are going with these days with trucks.... They ride and drive like complete crap, caster is so far out of spec that it doesn't even come in to play anymore, and the headlights are making airplanes think they're near the runway. Not to mention nothing would stay where you put it in the bed (which they probably never use), if (haha, yeah right) they hauled a trailer the tongue would drag the ground, and they probably can't run them less than a 1/4 tank without running out of gas/fuel. I've even seen some that were so bad that I'd bet money the front bearing in the transmission (5 speed in this case) was starving for lube as well as the pinion bearings!

Just sayin...it looks stupid. Stop it. Rant off.

Anybody else have some examples of new fangled trends that they don't get?

I saw this for the first time on my way to the beach last year. It seems to be isolated to the eastern part of the state since I have not seen it around where I live. I saw multiple SUV's/trucks like that though, and thought, WTF?

I've wondered about the guys buying 1 ton dually trucks and dropping them to the ground with the big rig wheels and skinny tires. Seems to me you've just negated any benefit you'd have from a 1 ton truck by doing so. I would have to imagine the hauling capacity is that of an S-10 as a result.

I don't understand why I spend so much time & money on my willys. If I had any sense I would do something more productive with my money.

However it's what I like. it's my sculpture, living..

We all have likes & dislikes. diversity & freewill.

accept for who they are, what they like. Agree to disagree, tolerance.

or you can be like, I want to lock you up on an island with a tall fence so you can't breed & you will eventually die off...

:D

I don't understand why I spend so much time & money on my willys. If I had any sense I would do something more productive with my money.

However it's what I like. it's my sculpture, living..

We all have likes & dislikes. diversity & freewill.

accept for who they are, what they like. Agree to disagree, tolerance.

or you can be like, I want to lock you up on an island with a tall fence so you can't breed & you will eventually die off...

:D

just when i decide you are an ass:flipoff2: you surprise me!!

o_O

I'm with Jeff on this one. Different strokes for different folks.
I am sure somewhere, someone has posted a pic of my Jeep and titled it something like" WTF, a big waste of money and efforts"

The ones I saw on the way to the beach last year looked unsafe.

i cant stand the squatting rear, looks like they started lifting the truck and ran out of money!! its mostly around the beaches and eastern carolinas.. (QUOTE)I've wondered about the guys buying 1 ton dually trucks and dropping them to the ground with the big rig wheels and skinny tires. Seems to me you've just negated any benefit you'd have from a 1 ton truck by doing so. I would have to imagine the hauling capacity is that of an S-10 as a result. if built right these trucks can and will tow better than stock, im building one now that will be set up to tow a 5th wheel camper and also planning on buying atleast a 38' hauler if not a 3 car wedge to pull several buddies trucks to shows, its running 24'' semis with 33'' tires, also running 3800lb air bags on the rear and plannin on a triple stack "concrete truck air bag" as a helper bag centered on the bridge over the axle, also planning a 12 valve swap in another year or two ai724.photobucket.com_albums_ww249_tyler_blackmon_truck_A38C1C94b99e833bfc7fb53d3afdc4723b0e3b.jpg ai724.photobucket.com_albums_ww249_tyler_blackmon_truck_43c03e07301d8269bf0d51a5d10c1fec11679c.jpg my truck ai724.photobucket.com_albums_ww249_tyler_blackmon_truck_E52F12faa599ed1df4ff13e5e612e2b5d1ff5c.jpg ai724.photobucket.com_albums_ww249_tyler_blackmon_truck_657FAA49181d2657bda29a3de9e30eec48b52d.jpg little shop of horrors, truck if you can see in the first pic 53' trailer rolled across the scales at 26k lbs ai724.photobucket.com_albums_ww249_tyler_blackmon_truck_99E7C3925f77ce1b8a4f2fb69face760deb175.jpg just for fun laying out dragging frame/rockers running 70mph towing

Last edited:
The ones I saw on the way to the beach last year looked unsafe.

Good thing nobody could ever say that about any vehicle on this site...

Apparently it's spread in to TN too. They call it the Carolina Squat, Tennessee Tilt, etc. Safety is my main concern. Can't be safe if you can't see over the hood and the headlights don't shine on the road.

I'm thinking some of the people responding have not seen these rigs. The headlights would point above tree tops. Some of the ones I saw seriously looked like 4-6" springs were put in the front, and 4-6" pulled out of the rear somehow.

I'm thinking some of the people responding have not seen these rigs. The headlights would point above tree tops. Some of the ones I saw seriously looked like 4-6" springs were put in the front, and 4-6" pulled out of the rear somehow.
Typically they crank/level the front to the sky and run either stock rear, blocks pulled on rear, or drop shackles on the rear. Headlights can be adjusted down, but most are too lazy to do it. I agree though, I can't stand the look. I like for a truck to be nearly level +/-1" in the rear.

for the ones unfamiliar with the "carolina squat".... this is the obomination that is going around. No brand or age is safe...lol
2-6Lift.jpg
24xho3a.jpg
166244_150597404991355_100001232882366_290747_6584264_n.jpg
533817_142075862604829_1642789404_n.jpg
IMG_20110501_125316.jpg
img1412i.jpg

ain't nothin new...my uncle in the early 80s did this same thing with his late 70s Tbird and Cougars. This was in the southeast quadrant of the state and I allways put it to him being brain damaged from drinking water out the Waccamaw River and hangin on Cruseo Island.

What bothers me the most is the term, I find it quite insulting to the natives of the state.

whats it called when it looks like they have 8in wide tires on 15in wide wheels....thats the one i cant stand seeing

I have to say, It does annoy me to no end when I see such things as the Carolina squat, and 30" wheels on a Chevy caprice. The only question I ask is: does it serve a purpose, or its entirely for aesthetics? I imagine those same people see my lifted and locked jeep and wonder why I do it. But the simple answer is capability. I do it so my jeep will go places and do things most other vehicles wont. Why do I need to go these places? Mostly because it's a hell of a lot of fun and my friends are going the same places for no particular reason. I guess its all about your social circle and culture.

I've always called it and heard it called a Cali lift. They are all over socal, prerunner wannabes. I've never seen stock trucks raked like that that weren't chevys with broken springs. Still looks better than most factory rear-high trucks.

I've always called it and heard it called a Cali lift. They are all over socal, prerunner wannabes. I've never seen stock trucks raked like that that weren't chevys with broken springs. Still looks better than most factory rear-high trucks.

haha guy was trying to get home with busted springs, couple of kids chillin at the 7/11 said damn that guy is cool!!!!! trend begins

Back