Trends that I just don't get....

uploadfromtaptalk1368281110373.jpg

scared to death!!!!!

Yes I have stacks on it...6" grand rocks, sometimes they do suck but they keep soot and hot ass exhaust away from materials and plant that I'm hauling to jobsites.

You can try and justify them however you want...but you don't really believe this do you? The stock (location) exhaust would have done a 100x better job at all of those things.

I'll start a new fad. I'll just ride around in a tricked out Peterbuilt for a daily driver :D

And for no apparent reason!

Been there, done that ! Those were the days !!!!!!!!

There is so much hate in this thread it make my heart glow. I can't agree more with hating on the squat,stacks,oversized gay rims,jacked up caprices on 30" spinners with skittles paint scheme and slammed duallys this is the stuff that shake my head every day at and wonder how everyone became so retarded

There is so much hate in this thread it make my heart glow. I can't agree more with hating on the squat,stacks,oversized gay rims,jacked up caprices on 30" spinners with skittles paint scheme and slammed duallys this is the stuff that shake my head every day at and wonder how everyone became so retarded
Just the same way they look at our lifted trucks with way too expensive tires to drive on the road...

Snappy I am pretty sure they think the same thing about our sport (look at these rednecks that spend all that money on a old piece of junk just to smash it into rocks and drive through mud puddles) you bring up a good point about jacked up street trucks I don't really like them either I don't see the point of jacking up a superduty 18" to put some 42"s on it then never take it in the woods it doesn't make since to me. If you wheel your daily driver I understand that heck I think we all have done it. I have a tow rig and a dedicated trail rig my superduty has a leveling kit and 35"at's but it is a four door long bed and looks retarded with tiny tires and the 35at'scar come in handy getting my trailer into some of the places we wheel.I guess what im saying my tastes lean towards function Over form if I can't justify a modification by it improving the capabilities of my equipment then I personally see no point but to each thier own I guess

For a good example of all the fail mentioned in this thread, come to Carolina Beach and sit at the entrance to the North End. Not only will you see build fail, but you'll see driver skill fail as they try to navigate the sand. Best free entertainment to be had in NC.

Here's my dd minus a couple minor mods since the pic was taken. There was a time that I didn't like lowered trucks, obviously I've changed my mind. Feel free to give your opinion on it, I've got my big boy pants on. I did lower the front along with the back, and I agree that the squatted trucks posted earlier look absurd.

ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t130_maindistribution_6be09579.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. It has just about the same stance as my buddy's 03 SSS. It's probably easy to get in and out of and not TOO low as to be rendered useless or annoying. It's pretty much level too :D I'm a big fan of using stock parts/rims/etc on stuff that it didn't come on. Like on my Silverado, I have an AAM 11.5 rear from a 2500HD, H2 rims, and 2500HD center caps in them. I even had the H2s on my old K30 and it's just amazing to me that GM stuff from 2005 will bolt right on a truck from 1986! It's cheaper usually, looks good, and is pretty easy to come by. What did those rims come off of?

Other than the front license plate, I see nothing wrong with it :flipoff2:

Here's my dd minus a couple minor mods since the pic was taken. There was a time that I didn't like lowered trucks, obviously I've changed my mind. Feel free to give your opinion on it, I've got my big boy pants on. I did lower the front along with the back, and I agree that the squatted trucks posted earlier look absurd.

ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t130_maindistribution_6be09579.jpg

I think that looks sharp. The tire/wheel size is proportionate and fits well in the wheel well. Also, the ride is level and the height is consistent between front and rear wheel wells to tires. Still looks to be a very functional truck with an aggressive stance. Now, that being said, it's not obvious if it's a 4WD truck or not, so it's a little more limited if it's 4WD, but not horrible.

jsut saw one of these cali-lean trucks at Lowes in Greensboro, a Chevy extended cab 1500. It had Cali tags and a bunch of stickers on the tailgate, one said Glamis. This wasnt stupid tall 45degrees pointed to the sun, but still was obviously raked rearward quite a bit. I wonder is there any dune-running function behind this method of build?

Nah...I think it means they're coming out of the closet.

Hurley: how many people ever notice that it's a 2500 short bed? :D

for the ones unfamiliar with the "carolina squat".... this is the obomination that is going around. No brand or age is safe...lol
View attachment 67415View attachment 67416View attachment 67417View attachment 67418View attachment 67419View attachment 67420

This has been the rage with the flat biller punks out in CA and AZ for years now. They do it to pusedo prerunners out there. Like most automotive trends, they start in CA first which explains the full retard part of it.

I think that looks sharp. The tire/wheel size is proportionate and fits well in the wheel well. Also, the ride is level and the height is consistent between front and rear wheel wells to tires. Still looks to be a very functional truck with an aggressive stance. Now, that being said, it's not obvious if it's a 4WD truck or not, so it's a little more limited if it's 4WD, but not horrible.
It's 2wd. :huggy:

Nothing wrong with that. It has just about the same stance as my buddy's 03 SSS. It's probably easy to get in and out of and not TOO low as to be rendered useless or annoying. It's pretty much level too :D I'm a big fan of using stock parts/rims/etc on stuff that it didn't come on. Like on my Silverado, I have an AAM 11.5 rear from a 2500HD, H2 rims, and 2500HD center caps in them. I even had the H2s on my old K30 and it's just amazing to me that GM stuff from 2005 will bolt right on a truck from 1986! It's cheaper usually, looks good, and is pretty easy to come by. What did those rims come off of?

Other than the front license plate, I see nothing wrong with it :flipoff2:
The wheels are OEM 20's off an 08 Silverado.

Usually 1 out of 4 who 'notice' the truck actually pay attention to lug-count.
i noticed the wheels on another post where you posted a pic of your truck, i love a shortbed, standard cab truck with heavy running gear, i would love to do that to my '03 Silverado, but i already done it to my '83 so i will just wish. i like the stance of that ole goat too man!!

scared to death!!!!!

Back