Turbo Solid Axle Tacoma Build

There are people unloading built lp 60's to build 14b fronts so keep an eye out for one. Could save you some in the long run.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been watching here, hardline, and craigslist. Just about every 60 I've found is a ford too, chevy's are looking like they are harder to come by.

But building it myself is part of the fun

I don't.. I actually work in Rual Hall I daily my xj some times when I'm feeling froggy.

No worries, it's running now. I've driven the tacoma to work a few times. With the beadlocks I can't do highway speed anymore unfortunately

I'm using dual beadlocks 90mph like a champ lol still has ice cold AC. we need to wheel one weekend

Oh yeah my a/c will freeze you out haha. For some reason my tires wont stay centered on my wheels. I was very careful to take my time and even measured the gap all the way around bewteen the bolt holes and the bead to make sure it was centered. I'm guessing as I tighten the ring down the bead is getting pushed one way or another. I get vibes at 53mph and by 65 shit starts going crazy. A buddy was following me on a few pulls and said he could see my tires shaking and it looked like they were about to come off the ground lol. I really would like to at least be able to run 70-75 so I need to figure out something. Might go to racelines and see if a factory made beadlock helps.

Dana 60 HP Kingpin Front Axle

Just 'sayin :D It can be just a bare housing with Cs. You build the rest however you like!

Just went through and selected my options for shits and giggles.... $7100 later... haha. I'm going to build it myself but I will definitely be going to ECGS for parts

Buddy of mine is selling a k30 on here, could rob the axles out of it and scrap/sell the rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The fiance would shit a brick if I brought something like that home to part out. Don't think I haven't thought about it though haha.

The fiance would shit a brick if I brought something like that home to part out. Don't think I haven't thought about it though haha.
Do it a day while she's at work or send her away for the weekend for a spa retreat it some shit.

Do it a day while she's at work or send her away for the weekend for a spa retreat it some shit.

Lol a buddy of mine did that once. Wife went out west for 2 weeks visiting family. Ole home boy bought a CJ and max out 3 credit cards building a 350, ton axles, and all accessories. It was not a pretty scene when she returned.

It's one thing to build something while the wife's away... It's completely different to max 3 credit cards in the process.

Lol #phonediagnostic. What you need tons for? You have fat axles already. Haven't earned a ton either. Splinter a shaft or two then you can go tons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The axles haven't been the weak link yet. Sounds like he wants to go bouncer more than crawler so he's already jumped ship on the yotas cuz the internet told him they wouldn't handle it.

Lol they won't. I broke two mini truck housings doing dumb stuff. Went with diamond. He doesn't do too much bouncer type stuff tjo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want more power in the long run. I'm going to get that via more boost or more displacement. I'm at 200-220 right now.at what point will a mini truck sized rcv fail? 300 HP sounds like a good goal. I'm not opposed to staying Toyota but I want full width and my only option for that with what I'm running is a diamond or ruffstuff housing. When I started doing the numbers as to how much that will cost tons started becoming more attractive since I can build them for cheaper, would be stronger, and would address my width and steering throw complaints.

Dylan has a 3rz for sell cheap if you want one too build. Would keep down time to a minimum.

That's probably what I'll do Chris but we're talking long term here. Right now I just want to get my axles figured out and get linked

I swear you stay on fb(diff yota pages) and here more than anyone else i Know Jacob! What else do you have time for???hahaahaha!

Back