Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here's the official word:
all you have to have is a Roll bar, so ord.sgt.26NC you'r ok, its your head, we suggest having some type of A pillar support but its not gonna be neccesary.
[/QUOTE
Thanks man.

thanks jrraw23,for the headsup.

Just a curiousity type question,will tech and signup be starting
at 6am on friday?

I know it's 3 months away,but just :popcorn: waiting

This may have been covered already so here goes. Are all of the vehicles that enter the race running straight H2O in the cooling system? If they are not maybe they should. It will be one less thing to worry about cleaning up should a rig roll, over heat or spring a major leak. It also gives the "greenies" one less thing to complain about.

Good idea or bad idea?

<><Fish

Well, it aint a bad idea. Just getting folks to drain radiator and fill with water would be the hard part.

This may have been covered already so here goes. Are all of the vehicles that enter the race running straight H2O in the cooling system? If they are not maybe they should. It will be one less thing to worry about cleaning up should a rig roll, over heat or spring a major leak. It also gives the "greenies" one less thing to complain about.

Good idea or bad idea?

<><Fish
More likely to overheat with just h2o in them. Am I the only one who notices the junk rolling through there on any given summer weekend? Most leak like hell, several have rolled, some have abandon their rig on the trail. At least with this there will be a tech inspection and if your junk is spewing fluid, you're not running. Yes small leaks are understandable, but if it's sitting there idling leaking from multiple holes, forget it. I don't see this impacting the forest any more than a few weekends of normal trail riding.

More likely to overheat with just h2o in them. Am I the only one who notices the junk rolling through there on any given summer weekend? Most leak like hell, several have rolled, some have abandon their rig on the trail. At least with this there will be a tech inspection and if your junk is spewing fluid, you're not running. Yes small leaks are understandable, but if it's sitting there idling leaking from multiple holes, forget it. I don't see this impacting the forest any more than a few weekends of normal trail riding.

This reminds me - has somebody been officially been named as the Tech Nazi yet?

No Tech Nazi, just the race commitee, gray areas, and common sense. Just keep posting questions, and the commitee will keep answering them.

Here's some questions:
- Who is American Wheeler, LLC or the American Wheeler Foundation? - Is it a non profit organization? If so, in what state is it registered? Is this who is organizing the event?

- Does the Race committee serve in any kind of judging capacity?

- Does anybody see a conflict in the race committee members racing in this? Especially in re to above?

- Can a racer serve as a spotter for someone else?

- Any weather contingencies?

I'm not trying to stir anything up, but, I'd like to know who I'm dealing with, and if they're doing the judging, that they are impartial.

-H

Here's some questions:
- Who is American Wheeler, LLC or the American Wheeler Foundation? - Is it a non profit organization? If so, in what state is it registered? Is this who is organizing the event?
- Does the Race committee serve in any kind of judging capacity?
- Does anybody see a conflict in the race committee members racing in this? Especially in re to above?
- Can a racer serve as a spotter for someone else?
- Any weather contingencies?
I'm not trying to stir anything up, but, I'd like to know who I'm dealing with, and if they're doing the judging, that they are impartial.
-H

-American Wheeler is a company that specializes in offroad organized competition, it is for profit co. all thought this first race there just trying to break even, with the plans of more competitions in the future.

-I don't really know what your asking about the race committee judging . . . its based on time, tracked by computers, no judging, the race committees main function was to determine the racing classes and to just help in general with getting the race going smoothly, we're all serving on a voluntary basis because we want to see the sport succeed.

-A racer can be a spotter to another racer however you never know when the other racer may be racing if its at the same time you are or too close then you will be screwed because unless you are in unlimited class you cannot race without a spotter and "my spotter is racing right now" isn't an excuse.

-Rain or shine race will go on, don't be skeered to get a lil wet and muddy :driver:

So I see it's only C and D class for the rock crawl....is it a time issue or a size issue?........I know SIze matters:flipoff2:

Has any thought been put into when the certain classes will run?Friday is for A and B then Saturday for C and D.just curious.

I don't think its going to be a certain class has to run a certain day it'll be more of an issue of overall numbers probably and you'll most likely get put in place to race by who signs in first kinda deal, but not sure on that yet.
but yea only C & D for the rockkrawl sorry :driver:
The way I understand it is....anyone can play on the rocks before and after the comp. However, the comp will be limited to certain classes.

-American Wheeler is a company that specializes in offroad organized competition, it is for profit co. all thought this first race there just trying to break even, with the plans of more competitions in the future.
-I don't really know what your asking about the race committee judging . . . its based on time, tracked by computers, no judging, the race committees main function was to determine the racing classes and to just help in general with getting the race going smoothly, we're all serving on a voluntary basis because we want to see the sport succeed.
-A racer can be a spotter to another racer however you never know when the other racer may be racing if its at the same time you are or too close then you will be screwed because unless you are in unlimited class you cannot race without a spotter and "my spotter is racing right now" isn't an excuse.
-Rain or shine race will go on, don't be skeered to get a lil wet and muddy :driver:
-Don't worry about the rain. I ain't skeered! :driver:
-I do find something a little concerning though: According to the NC Secretary of State, American Wheeler, LLC doesn't exist. Nor does the non-profit organization American Wheeler Foundation. Are you guys registered elsewhere? Have you just not gotten that far?
I would imagine that anyone would find this a little concerning. I mean, technically, this company doesn't exist, so who's getting the money? More importantly, if I pay an entry fee, and this event doesn't happen, who do I need to come looking for? Again, I am NOT trying to bust your chops here. I just want to point it out, and give you the opportunity to address it. Hopefully, by bringing this to your attention, you can put these concerns to rest for others and ultimately get more people to join in on the event.
That's what this is all about, right? :)

-Don't worry about the rain. I ain't skeered! :driver:
-I do find something a little concerning though: According to the NC Secretary of State, American Wheeler, LLC doesn't exist. Nor does the non-profit organization American Wheeler Foundation. Are you guys registered elsewhere? Have you just not gotten that far?
I would imagine that anyone would find this a little concerning. I mean, technically, this company doesn't exist, so who's getting the money? More importantly, if I pay an entry fee, and this event doesn't happen, who do I need to come looking for? Again, I am NOT trying to bust your chops here. I just want to point it out, and give you the opportunity to address it. Hopefully, by bringing this to your attention, you can put these concerns to rest for others and ultimately get more people to join in on the event.
That's what this is all about, right? :)

Apparently you haven't been following along like everyone else because this issue has been addressed more than once before.

Not only that but do you think vendors like 4wheelparts, Crawl, No Limit, Monster, etc, etc would have sign up to sponsor this event if they didn't feel like it was a sound investment? Trust me there putting in alot more $$ then you as an individual racer's entry fee will be.

But if your still worried refunds are offered on entry fee's until April 25th so you can pretty much get your money back right up until the event rolls around.

Sorry to be curt with my answer but like I said we've already dealt with this same concern more then once now, and us especially of the race committee are bustin our butt's, volunteering our time to try and further our hobby and sport

Like I said sorry to get a little upset, just getting annoyed thats all, :shaking::lol: I hope to see you at the race :driver:

I don't think I'll be entering myself but should be a bunch of us camping that week and watching. Glad to see you guys are doing well with this and if you need any help feel free to let me know.

I am waiting on official ''go ahead'' but there will be some more news regarding this event as a ''festival'' not just a race.

Something very cool brewing here.

Apparently you haven't been following along like everyone else because this issue has been addressed more than once before.

Not only that but do you think vendors like 4wheelparts, Crawl, No Limit, Monster, etc, etc would have sign up to sponsor this event if they didn't feel like it was a sound investment? Trust me there putting in alot more $$ then you as an individual racer's entry fee will be.

But if your still worried refunds are offered on entry fee's until April 25th so you can pretty much get your money back right up until the event rolls around.

Sorry to be curt with my answer but like I said we've already dealt with this same concern more then once now, and us especially of the race committee are bustin our butt's, volunteering our time to try and further our hobby and sport

Like I said sorry to get a little upset, just getting annoyed thats all, :shaking::lol: I hope to see you at the race :driver:

Ricky there is a bit of a problem here.
American Wheeler LLC does not exist.
Further more as of close of business today no one has filed an application for incorporation, articles of incorporation, or even a name reservation on the name American Wheeler LLC, Inc et.al.
At a bare minimum you have an individual who has misrepresented himself to our community.

I am pretty sure (someone more knowledgeable than me in NC statue please chime in) misrepresenting an individual or even a sole proprietorship as a corporation is criminal fraud.

That he collected money on these bounds, thats real bad.
That some of that money came from out of state...well now he may have a whole other issue.

And the whole big companies gave money argument is about the most asinine thing Ive ever heard. Not nearly as hard to get money out of big companies as it is individuals or even small companies. Hell the BRANCH where I work has a marketing monthly budget in the tens of thousands, I could easily have big Cs all over this and put one small rental generator on site and everyone would be cool with it. No one feels money in a big corp.

Sorry, I am not trying to piss on anyone's parade. But this has been at best a black cat with a paint streak on it for a while, now I am getting a nice hint of an aroma....

I'm afraid I am thinking like SkiHiK5. I work with many businesses, close to accounting and management, and know the ins and outs of how a successful business operates. We are not seeing signs of a successful organized business here. I have also helped putting on many large events in the past, and this close to a major event, it seems that there are so many loose ends, I don't see how it can come together by May. Because 1) it ain't gonna happen or 2) it is happening behind the scenes, but AW is doing a poor job of demonstrating it. First time or not...so many things we haven't seen proof of yet should have been in place a year before the event.

I'm not a naysayer....just want to "see" something.

bad, bad juju, or just bad communications?

Ok well as far as the LLC thing and whatnot I'm not Sean so I can't really answer that right now.

But to you Kaiser, nothin personal don't take me the wrong way, but I don't understand what your issue here is? Sean D has always kept in good communication with myself and from what I've heard the others that are involved in this event. We've done everything neccesary to get it lined up, got all the permissions from Uwharrie, etc, etc. There is already advertisement on 106.5 for it and I've seen the mag adverisement that was sent for print.

Sean doesn't have to share every step by step process that he takes to get the end goal accomplished, do you sit around and expect walmart to explain to you why they decided to add a few item to a certain product line on a shelf . . . . no . . . . . because its there business and sharing every little bitty detail is neither neccesary nor probably a smart idea to do for various reasons.

I'll call him tommorow to find out about the LLC thing, however you're delving into a more personal/private side here that I don't know what will be disclosed to me or not, as I am not financially involved in the race just a volunteer its not really my place to demand an answer for this question, but I will ask it.

But otherwise everything is going smoothly and is planned/lined up as it needs to be at the moment.

This is not some off the wall question about whether or not aliens landing the day of the race will delay it..... This is a (Big) Thank You for the Volunteer Staff and American wheeler for putting effort in to help the overall East coast cause of wheeling... My hats off to you and Sincerely Thank you From someone who wheels, and wants to keep on wheeling... thanks pj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back