Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys...You can also e-mail your entry pictures to me..along with info. I can foward them, and save Sean some hassle. Just send to dylan@americanwheeler.com

also....all volunteer hopefulls, please e-mail your info to me there as well. Thanks!

not wanting to get a pissin match started here but in my opinion,stock class is just that,STOCK class.Trying to stack the deck in one's favor for the bottom most class is kind of assinine.Let them boys running modified or unlimited fight that out.I've kept my mouth shut while reading all these posts asking if welded axles counted as stock or if lsd front and rear were allowed,how much lift or much body mods,etc.etc.I need to voice my opinion now.
Here's a challenge:

If you sign up stock,man up and keep it close to stock. My rig,driver,and spotter verses 39 others heads up.Let it be the competition it should be.

not wanting to get a pissin match started here but in my opinion,stock class is just that,STOCK class.Trying to stack the deck in one's favor for the bottom most class is kind of assinine.Let them boys running modified or unlimited fight that out.I've kept my mouth shut while reading all these posts asking if welded axles counted as stock or if lsd front and rear were allowed,how much lift or much body mods,etc.etc.I need to voice my opinion now.
Here's a challenge:
If you sign up stock,man up and keep it close to stock. My rig,driver,and spotter verses 39 others heads up.Let it be the competition it should be.

ever heard of Smokey Yunick? he raced "stock" cars...finding every competitive advantage is part of the competition. Now some guys will just need to yank harder on the nut strap. Others might plumb nitrous in there truck.
I gotta agree spending $5000 to win $1000 seems crazy.

We hope that stock means stock. There are some grey areas, but in the spirit of competition, we hope all competitors will show honor and respect for the rules, and let better judgement prevail. It would suck to be the guy that got booted at the starting line, cause he could'nt color within the (wide) lines.;)

Hey guys...You can also e-mail your entry pictures to me..along with info. I can foward them, and save Sean some hassle. Just send to dylan@americanwheeler.com
also....all volunteer hopefulls, please e-mail your info to me there as well. Thanks!

e-mail sent

Also, is there a group set up for helping operate the race, logistic support, safety, etc? I don't think I'll be racing... my jeep is my DD, but since I'll be up there to watch we'd be happy to help however.
A question from a fellow 4 wheeler asked if URE was getting anything for this, like a share of the proceeds or whatever. can you comment on this or direct me to the info? I thnk it would help garner support.
John

to volunteer to help email dylan at the above listed address

as fas as benefits to uwharrie, obviously we're gonna be bringing in alot of interest, but they will also have the rockgarden were building and 5% of the take, we also discussed a posible raffle to benefit the park but not sure about anything like that yet.

Here's a challenge:

There's a prize involved man, people will be figurin out ways to improve there vehicle any way they can

Main thing to remember is that like Dylan said don't be a dumba$$ about it cause we will turn people away if they don't fit into there preregistered class . . .

only improvements I'm doing to mine is to make it legal with the safety rules.Role bar and seat belts didn't come stock in 1950.

whats the last day to register to run?

I'm not sure what the cut-off date is exactly, but I wouldn't wait too long. Spots are (and will be) filling quickly.

p.s. What is a chrysler 14 bolt? (in your sig)

only improvements I'm doing to mine is to make it legal with the safety rules.Role bar and seat belts didn't come stock in 1950.

Thats cool preciate you doin what you need to make your rig safe :driver:

whats the last day to register to run?

Well the last day for refunds is April 25th, but like Andy said I wouldn't wait too long, the mag add were sending in was just made, so it'll be in the mags shortly

I can promise you if you don't have seat belts you won't be racing. It doesn't matter if it came with them or not, you will have to have them or be content watching.

ord.sgt.26NC good luck w/cage,Joe was telling me about it.

Oh and I guess you need a new type of helmet also :flipoff2:

good luck look forward to seeing you again.

I can promise you if you don't have seat belts you won't be racing. It doesn't matter if it came with them or not, you will have to have them or be content watching.
Is this comment directed straight at me or the group in general?

I can assure you,it will have a cj5 role bar,high back buckets out of an Isuzu mounted on sturdy frames,and lap belts.

My m1 pot will be beside me for luck.We are gonna paint my motor cycle helmet olive drab.

ord.sgt.26NC... I read it the way you meant it...that you would be adding the safety features you lack. I think a couple of guys failed the reading comprehension test. :)

hey it's all good.I will be to specs on the safety stuff.I'm in the middle of building frames for the seats to mount to.I've got nearly 12 feet of 1x1 angle for just my seat to mount over the gas tank alone.Hopefully it will support my 240 pounds of pure shiat.

I'm not sure what the cut-off date is exactly, but I wouldn't wait too long. Spots are (and will be) filling quickly.
p.s. What is a chrysler 14 bolt? (in your sig)

It was my 8.25, it was one of a kind cause it never broke!!

while I love the idea of such an event, what is being done after the fact? to fix rutted out trails, the measures that are put in place to control runoff that will be damaged and such, the inevitable fluid leaks and the rigs that have to be dragged"off trail"?
the idea of bringing such an event is awesome....but what about long term/the impression left for the other wheelers?

while I love the idea of such an event, what is being done after the fact? to fix rutted out trails, the measures that are put in place to control runoff that will be damaged and such, the inevitable fluid leaks and the rigs that have to be dragged"off trail"?
the idea of bringing such an event is awesome....but what about long term/the impression left for the other wheelers?

Cleanup will def be taken care of, were not just gonna leave the trails in shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back