Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about if you don't trust it ...don't go or put up your money. I don't need any of you to protect me from someone elses business. If it turns out to be not on the up and up , then I'm a big boy and can take my lesson. I feel like we're dealing with liberal government officers who are on here trying to protect us from ourselves. You have to be 18 or 21 to be on this board right? That's old enough to make your own informed decision as to weather or not to take part in this. Otherwise this shit is getting old. I doubt very seriously the ones who are soooooooo concerned will even participate. WEBWHEEL on players.....
I'm going to a comp in SC this weekend that has had next to no publicity and that I'd never heard of. But I'm going..geez

How about if you don't trust it ...don't go or put up your money. I don't need any of you to protect me from someone elses business. If it turns out to be not on the up and up , then I'm a big boy and can take my lesson. I feel like we're dealing with liberal government officers who are on here trying to protect us from ourselves. You have to be 18 or 21 to be on this board right? That's old enough to make your own informed decision as to weather or not to take part in this. Otherwise this shit is getting old. I doubt very seriously the ones who are soooooooo concerned will even participate. WEBWHEEL on players.....
I'm going to a comp in SC this weekend that has had next to no publicity and that I'd never heard of. But I'm going..geez

X 1 Billion :driver:

No one is questioning how hard you guys have worked or your intentions. I'm just questioning whether or not you have all your ducks in a row.

These concerns are just as much for your benefit as they are ours.

WEBWHEEL on.

Agree w/ Woody. Am I gettin gscammed? I don't think so, but if so - I'll take my spanking like a big boy.

Why does it necessarily have to be listed as an LLC? I'm not seeing "LLC" written anywhere. Where's the misrepresentation?

Official word from Sean, If your worried check with the department of Revenue, all the paperworks been taken care of, and the thing where you can go look it up is being done today, he hadn't done that yet because it wasn't really necessary but since there's so much concern he's doing it.

Also once again entry fee is guaranteed, and refunds are available all the way up until April 25th.

And there have been some very, very, exciting updates to the event, we're not announcing them yet, but keep on the lookout :driver:

Also the mag adds should be going out soon, and radio advertisement will jump up big time here soon, not just on 106.5 but on country stations as well all along the east coast from Virginia to Georgia :burnout:

No one is questioning how hard you guys have worked or your intentions. I'm just questioning whether or not you have all your ducks in a row.
WEBWHEEL on.
I'm just telling you if YOU have concerns, then don't go. I don't need your concerns to benefit me, worry about yourself. Sometimes you have to just tkae a leap of faith weather it works out good or bad.

True, and thanks for the support Greg.

Trust me folks this event is just getting better and better as it goes, I'm really excited about the newest developments hopefully we will be able to announce them soon.

and this thread is for Questions, etc, so don't be deterred keep asking them and I will get em answered, Just do me a favor and go back and see if your questions have already been answered ;)

I do have a Q, I looked the thread, but 7 pages is kinda easy to over look one detail

those that normally camp on the trail, how easy/hard will it be to get back to the campsite during the day?? I am sure we have to be off the trail at a certian time (aka get your ass up and moving before 900 or don't come back before 6:00, or stay at your campsite)

when you find out what time what races will be going down what trails can you give us a heads up?

I do have a Q, I looked the thread, but 7 pages is kinda easy to over look one detail
those that normally camp on the trail, how easy/hard will it be to get back to the campsite during the day?? I am sure we have to be off the trail at a certian time (aka get your ass up and moving before 900 or don't come back before 6:00, or stay at your campsite)
when you find out what time what races will be going down what trails can you give us a heads up?

The race is on rocky mtn loop, I wouldn't try to camp along there because you're not gonna be able to get around, and there will be a very large amount of people walking throu your campsite probably, plus IDK if camping will be allowed along rky mtn loop. But feel free to camp along any other trail thats there, we will be accessing rky mtn loop from the actual road for the race.

The race is on rocky mtn loop, I wouldn't try to camp along there because you're not gonna be able to get around, and there will be a very large amount of people walking throu your campsite probably, plus IDK if camping will be allowed along rky mtn loop. But feel free to camp along any other trail thats there, we will be accessing rky mtn loop from the actual road for the race.

All the info I needed thanks

I've still not seen the answer to this question,

Will there be any driving on the trail, rocky mtn loop to get from a to b. Or, will there be walking trails set up to get to the course?

Basicly, how are people supposed to get around?\

Thanks

ricky, have you got any info about price for spectators, or how should they get from parking to the actual race location( thinking that they will have already planned where they want to watch along the loop) ?

Official word from Sean, If your worried check with the department of Revenue, all the paperworks been taken care of, and the thing where you can go look it up is being done today, he hadn't done that yet because it wasn't really necessary but since there's so much concern he's doing it.
:burnout:

Just a FYI

IF you say you are a LLC or a NPO and you are asking people to give you money to the LLC or the NPO and you have not set up the paper work and its because you just don't think you need it yet and it was not necessary or a concern, it make me think what was being done with that money and what pocket was it going in. :shaking: That is just WRONG. You never say you are a NPO and offer to take money and set up a web site like he has then after people find out what he has been doing go get the paperwork.
All you people are big boys and I don't give a shit if he takes you 150$ or $350 for the comps like Bigwoody said you can deal with that on your own... But when he set up and web site as a NPO and LLC talking about the money going to the lawyers to keep trailes open as a NPO and send in your money and he is not a NPO that is poor and sucks......
I want to see the articles of incorporation... If he has do them.

But to you Kaiser, nothin personal don't take me the wrong way, but I don't understand what your issue here is?

Nope, no issue, and no problems...maybe I came across differently than I intended. I am planning to be there, and work in whatever way needed to help make it come off.

I was just pointing out, and supporting the fact that there IS a communications and image problem. Sure, all his (y'all's) ducks may be in a row, and this may be the most well-planned and organized event ever, but from what I have seen and heard, there is a lack of confidence in the event and American Wheeler. Like it or not, that's going to be the difference between 50 rigs signed up, and 160. (Not to mention the 'festival', which is where the big money (incoming) is.)

I really don't have any solutions to offer, other than to give an outside perspective to those of you more closely aligned with Sean and the race committee.

If there is a percieved problem, then that itself is a problem to overcome.

WEBWHEEL on.

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical and doing a little research. Good work.

J

If he is getting in done today, it might not show up till tomarrow.. (best case???)
I do have a Q on insurance if no one has asked yet
You will have to have insurance for something this big, who are you useing?
True My bad....:shaking: When I went back looking at the date I looked at a older post talking about the LLC and it was from the 25th.
We will see..... Time will tell if he did go out and do it...

The Insurance is on his site but if I remember it covers him. It will not cover the people racing or working and watching. I would like to see the paper work for that to. I wanted to help on the trail but can't get the info need, if your winch would break and the cable kill someone when you are helping him make his money in the race you could be sued for it, the insurance protects him but you are not paid so not you. Thats why they want you to work for free and you get free stuff like shirts and food. They pay you its a job and if you get hurt you will have workers comp.
I can't go do that for free when he makes money off of me and I hurt my back then be out of work with no pay.
If I hurt my back at work I got workers comp.
Its different when I want to go play and have fun, If I get hurt thats part of life. I will go watch if I can......

Crap I have to agree with ^^
Didn't think about it that way :shaking:

Sorry just a little out of the box thinking.....

You could be spotting, helping, or a judge for people you have never meet for free and that person hits the gas hard hits you and lands you in a chair the rest of you life...... all this, for remember a t- shirt and lunch maybe dinner. If you were getting paid and had a 1 million insurance plan it would be different but has anyone that been ask to work or race been shown anything about the insurance or that it has been paid for....and there is coverage... other then the add on the web site.... Just like the LLC and NPO stuff that was on the WEB to.... IF its on the web it must be true.:rolleyes:

Sorry just a little out of the box thinking.....
You could be spotting, helping, or a judge for people you have never meet for free and that person hits the gas hard hits you and lands you in a chair the rest of you life...... all this, for remember a t- shirt and lunch maybe dinner. If you were getting paid and had a 1 million insurance plan it would be different but has anyone that been ask to work or race been shown anything about the insurance or that it has been paid for....and there is coverage... other then the add on the web site.... Just like the LLC and NPO stuff that was on the WEB to.... IF its on the web it must be true.:rolleyes:

Go to American Wheeler and click on the A.W. Foundation page.
Read the entire page...it offers no place or address to send any payments for the A.W. foundation. However, at the bottom of the page it does say'' stay tuned for your chance to get involved''. Nothing wrong with advertising your intentions.Obviously this is still in the works. No rules broken.

As far as the insurance questions go...I will get you an official answer ASAP

I've still not seen the answer to this question,
Will there be any driving on the trail, rocky mtn loop to get from a to b. Or, will there be walking trails set up to get to the course?
Basicly, how are people supposed to get around?\
Thanks

Sorry man I thought I had answered that already I guess I wasn't clear enough, the is no driving on rky mtn loop. You can drive up to rky mtn loop from other trails or acess it from where it overlaps the actual roads but no driving on rky mtn loop during the race. Once you're at the loop depending on where you want to watch you'll have to walk along the trail.

ricky, have you got any info about price for spectators, or how should they get from parking to the actual race location( thinking that they will have already planned where they want to watch along the loop) ?

Access to the park is free, access to the Festival area will probably be what you'll be charged for. Were not sure if the way we had planned to locate/run the festival area will change do to some recent exciting developments but when we get it all locked in we'll def let you know. And we are planning on running "shuttles" in between the race area and the festival area.

Nope, no issue, and no problems...maybe I came across differently than I intended. I am planning to be there, and work in whatever way needed to help make it come off.
I was just pointing out, and supporting the fact that there IS a communications and image problem. Sure, all his (y'all's) ducks may be in a row, and this may be the most well-planned and organized event ever, but from what I have seen and heard, there is a lack of confidence in the event and American Wheeler. Like it or not, that's going to be the difference between 50 rigs signed up, and 160. (Not to mention the 'festival', which is where the big money (incoming) is.)
I really don't have any solutions to offer, other than to give an outside perspective to those of you more closely aligned with Sean and the race committee.
If there is a percieved problem, then that itself is a problem to overcome.

True but from point one there has been a percieved problem and regardless of what we've done to try and assure people there are still doubtful's. We've answered all questions, and are continuing to do so but im not sure what else you want us to do. To a certain extent we can't please everyone. If you have suggestions pm me or something.

This thing is going on, I don't know what else I can say to convince people. Sean told me that The race comitte will be heading to Uwharrie soon to figure out the details of the race course itself, if that makes people feel more secure. I hate come across sounding harsh and "I don't care what you think" type mentality but to a certain extent I/we kinda have to. This event is gonna be awesome, im super stoked about it especially with the recent developments and I hate to see someone not come because it sounds fishy, every concern that has been presented has been addressed so far yet still people are skeptical . . . . .

If he is getting in done today, it might not show up till tomarrow.. (best case???)
I do have a Q on insurance if no one has asked yet
You will have to have insurance for something this big, who are you useing?

It should show up tomorrow, its being done today. Insurance is by sportsinsurance.com from what was explained to me the insurance covers everyone except the racers, so bystanders, workers should be covered. Racers no, racing offroad is inherently dangerous by doing so you waive any liability, thats what the liability waivers will be for.

True My bad....:shaking: When I went back looking at the date I looked at a older post talking about the LLC and it was from the 25th.
We will see..... Time will tell if he did go out and do it...
The Insurance is on his site but if I remember it covers him. It will not cover the people racing or working and watching. I would like to see the paper work for that to. I wanted to help on the trail but can't get the info need, if your winch would break and the cable kill someone when you are helping him make his money in the race you could be sued for it, the insurance protects him but you are not paid so not you. Thats why they want you to work for free and you get free stuff like shirts and food. They pay you its a job and if you get hurt you will have workers comp.
I can't go do that for free when he makes money off of me and I hurt my back then be out of work with no pay.
If I hurt my back at work I got workers comp.
Its different when I want to go play and have fun, If I get hurt thats part of life. I will go watch if I can......

Spectators, volunteers, and helpers are covered from what I was told. Racers and copilot are not. Any further questions about insurace should be directed to: sean-d@americanwheeler.com

And if Dylan doesn't get further info shortly I'll call Sean to clarify on the insurance issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back