Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man... i'm burned out from reading all that... Out of curosity, what did Pirate do for the KOH's Race? not sure but isnt that BLM land?
The land issue rest only with those who are worried. The permits exist and it has been approved by the Forest Rangers.
I think the race was ,at least partially on BLM land, but not for sure. That would be a good example of what we have here.

Yes, King of the Hammers was on BLM Land. So, this is a good comparison. This just might be the first time that it has been done on this side of the coast.

I'm not saying this won't work and I'm all for it but
If you are not racing that day, then dont worry about it, its none of your damn business. you are not racing, but helping out, thanks for the help. Thats just my $.02 .
Thats a pretty $hitty attitude man. Its a community sport and if something goes wrong then everyone suffers. Its funny how people flip out on here and unite when people talk about wheeling illegally but when something like this comes up we all divide up. I just think more people should volunteer atleast in planning, cleanup, etc. And yes some other attitudes itt suck but don't exile fellow wheelers for concern when the sport is already under brutal attacks from outsiders. I mean insurance is a big deal......safety is a big deal...and the sport is a big deal. If its pulled off w/o flaw then you guys are gold and look like a spit shined silver dollar. If it fails then everyone looks like crap. This isn't personal land where if someone gets hurt the landowner gets bwn'd its a nf where everyone gets bwn'd. Just my mind since everyone else is speaking before thinking.

Dylan our friendship hasn't been tarnished at all, at least from my stand point. I am not addressing you, or Rick, but rather the event it's self. I am a lot more cautious than I was in my younger days. I guess a lot of that comes from my roll as a father and questioning their decisions and choices. Before I commit to things I have to run it thru my head and ask myself many questions. I have to play out scenario's.
And for the record, I'd still weld you up when you break out on the trails!
Yeah, and I would still help you fix your........chocolate fix..lol(remember who got to eat ALL my daughters ''ride home'' snacks?):tongue: aww,shucks! Ilufyoumayyan! *cries while hugging*

I'm not saying this won't work and I'm all for it but

Thats a pretty $hitty attitude man. Its a community sport and if something goes wrong then everyone suffers. Its funny how people flip out on here and unite when people talk about wheeling illegally but when something like this comes up we all divide up. I just think more people should volunteer atleast in planning, cleanup, etc. And yes some other attitudes itt suck but don't exile fellow wheelers for concern when the sport is already under brutal attacks from outsiders. I mean insurance is a big deal......safety is a big deal...and the sport is a big deal. If its pulled off w/o flaw then you guys are gold and look like a spit shined silver dollar. If it fails then everyone looks like crap. This isn't personal land where if someone gets hurt the landowner gets bwn'd its a nf where everyone gets bwn'd. Just my mind since everyone else is speaking before thinking.

its just my attitude, I am racing, and I am volunteering for any help that I can provide. For a more politically correct opinion, I just believe, that for the people that are not directly involved in the event, then they should stop trying to bash it every chance they can. I understand that there are alot of issues that WE are facing for this event, but i'm SURE they will all be handled before May 9th, and that anything, anyone on this board can think of, has already been thought of by the event staff and coordinators.

Buy the snake oil....
How does it work?
Do not concern yourself with hows only know that it works....
Ok, but I dont need it, why should I buy it?
Buy the snake oil.....
But you havent told me how it works...
Trust me it works, Buy the snake oil......
But how?
I told you it works, fine that is it. No snake oil for you. I should have seen anyway you are not deserving of the snake oil.

its just my attitude, I am racing, and I am volunteering for any help that I can provide. For a more politically correct opinion, I just believe, that for the people that are not directly involved in the event, then they should stop trying to bash it every chance they can. I understand that there are alot of issues that WE are facing for this event, but i'm SURE they will all be handled before May 9th, and that anything, anyone on this board can think of, has already been thought of by the event staff and coordinators.
Hey man I understand what you are saying. I mean come on though this was to be expected. If you didn't expect the onslaught of crap then your last statement in what I quoted is a false statement. I know everyone involved is defensive but keep in mind no one wants to lose another trail. Thick skin is going to be a plus for you guys for the next 2 months and if it F's up then it better be 6" thick kevlar b/c its going to be 500x worse and not just from this community site. And no one thinks of everything esp considering this is the first event this "llc" has done. Again I'm not bashing just saying.

Buy the snake oil....
How does it work?
Do not concern yourself with hows only know that it works....
Ok, but I dont need it, why should I buy it?
Buy the snake oil.....
But you havent told me how it works...
Trust me it works, Buy the snake oil......
But how?
I told you it works, fine that is it. No snake oil for you. I should have seen anyway you are not deserving of the snake oil.

Billy Mays could sell you snake oil don't kid yourself

I can say the NPO, as of now, is just starting up.Money has not been accepted yet.

So are there actually two different entities here?
Becasue the $175 I paid to register (before knowin gabout the $30 XJ deal!) was certainly accepted... it's no longer in my bank account...

Re: insurance, and not covering the racers (I understand this, certainly makes sense from the insureres viewpoint)... what options do we (the racers) have? If the rig is titled/insured, is there a way to get auto insurance for this? What do racers do?

raleighjeepguy -> okay i definitely see your point,

I just think it is great opportunity for local (southeast USA) wheelers to come out, wheel, meet & greet, and compete against others, in a sport that is becoming increasingly harder and harder to continue.

I look at it like, my friends and I are all building a buggy together, we post a thread in order to ask and answer questions about the buggy with each other, and people that are not helping, keep criticizing what we do, when instead they should be helping.

For the people that arent involved, your best thing to do, is to support the event, so that it has a better chance of happening successfully, showing the world that something like this can happen repsonsibly, and in accordance with the EPA, and FS. all in all, this event going off well with no problems, would be a statement to the SELC that the offroading community is not JUST a bunch of stupid offroading rednecks that like to go out and tear sh!t up irresponsibly.

For the people that arent involved, your best thing to do, is to support the event, so that it has a better chance of happening successfully, showing the world that something like this can happen repsonsibly, and in accordance with the EPA, and FS. all in all, this event going off well with no problems, would be a statement to the SELC that the offroading community is not JUST a bunch of stupid offroading rednecks that like to go out and tear sh!t up.

See now wasn't that nice and don't you just feel all warm and fuzzy

Change of direction in a positive one.
Dylan, this is Chris in Kernersville I would like to start a Enviro emg kit. I'll start off by donating a box or two of the gray oil absortion matts. This in my opinion is a good way to show our readiness for the good of the land. Let's take the notion that this event IS going off and instead of working againist each other, help each other. If you have a concern, then post a concern and a solution, this would be much more helpful.

good idea snappy

Ill get a bunch of big bags of oil dry as well as some 55 gal trash cans. In case of a spill, we can spread it out, then shovel it all back up.

I also plan on running straight water instead of antifreeze for the event, just in case, so theyre will be no issues.

Pm with what we need, I can get 25-30 gallon steel drums with removable lids for free, just have no were to store them. These are smaller and will be easier to move around, or place at certain distances apart.

So are there actually two different entities here?
Becasue the $175 I paid to register (before knowin gabout the $30 XJ deal!) was certainly accepted... it's no longer in my bank account...
Re: insurance, and not covering the racers (I understand this, certainly makes sense from the insureres viewpoint)... what options do we (the racers) have? If the rig is titled/insured, is there a way to get auto insurance for this? What do racers do?
The race entry money goes to American Wheeler, and into a special ''race entry account''

The NPO is not yet accepting donations(to my knowledge)

I have been involved in a serious, offroad accident in my fully insured TJ. I told them everything, every detail. They fully covered all expenses to my jeep and another jeep involved.
They did'nt like it and my rate soared, but I was covered.

The land issue rest only with those who are worried. The permits exist and it has been approved by the Forest Rangers.
I think the race was ,at least partially on BLM land, but not for sure. That would be a good example of what we have here.
Dylan, not to be a ass have you seen the permit? I'm sure he has it but we were turned down to, told we can not make any money or charge for anything on URE property, that is why we always gave away food at club rides....
Was the name on the permit AW LLC, or AW NPO, or his name or some club? I know others that were turned down to....

I have not read the permit. Just the fact that sean and the Rangers and I were talking in regards to the permit, leads me to believe the permit does exist. The fact that It is on file with Debrah(sp?) at the park office is good enough. Call them and see what they say.
Maybe check to see how they stand.

You say I goof around, act like an idiot on the board, etc.
Don't remember that but if you say so OK. Must have been some time back, but I was thinking from most of you posts you have changed with age.

We'll I say you act like an overbearing jerk who has nothing else to do but try and call people out for mistakes they've made..
Ok thats fine if thats what you call it when you correct someone.
Can't wait to go call my boss a overbearing jerk next time.

Change of direction in a positive one.
Dylan, this is Chris in Kernersville I would like to start a Enviro emg kit. I'll start off by donating a box or two of the gray oil absortion matts. This in my opinion is a good way to show our readiness for the good of the land. Let's take the notion that this event IS going off and instead of working againist each other, help each other. If you have a concern, then post a concern and a solution, this would be much more helpful.
Heck yeah, thats what I need,folks helping like this:beer:

This is a great idea , thanks ALOT man!

I have not read the permit. Just the fact that sean and the Rangers and I were talking in regards to the permit, leads me to believe the permit does exist. The fact that It is on file with Debrah(sp?) at the park office is good enough. Call them and see what they say.
Maybe check to see how they stand.

Reason I ask is to find out for our next club ride.
Thanks

Don't remember that but if you say so OK. Must have been some time back, but I was thinking from most of you posts you have changed with age.
Ok thats fine if thats what you call it when you correct someone.
Can't wait to go call my boss a overbearing jerk next time.

Yea sorry about that post i was gettin pissed off and unloaded on you and wasn't thinking and got you confused with someone else when I mentioned the past post stuff.

Once again I apologize, I'm gonna be asking Sean about Permits Tomorrow are there certain ones I should ask about?

I had a good conversation with Ron (skyhik5) and had my eyes opened a little bit, I'm gonna look into some stuff.

Ok back to other stuff.
I have a 93 yj on 33" locked ft & rear total 5" lift ford 8.8 rear nv 3550 trans it looks as if I'll run in the B class, am I right?
Were is the log cross and mudd part of the race going to be?

Ok back to other stuff.
I have a 93 yj on 33" locked ft & rear total 5" lift ford 8.8 rear nv 3550 trans it looks as if I'll run in the B class, am I right?
Were is the log cross and mudd part of the race going to be?

Yea B class

log jams will be thrown in to keep overall speed to a more safe level

mud will be wherever there is existing mud on the trail we're not making any mud pits

Thanks. Me and a coworker are bing sponsord by our employer, Hendrick Chry Jeep, how many spots are left in the B class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back