Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
If it doesn't work, it will be because of American Wheeler. It will be because of their inability to organize the event, provide for contingencies, communicate with the public, and assuage concerns as they are presented. That's it. Successful promotions companies are able to do these things, unsuccessful promotions companies are not.

x2

One question.
How much sense does it make for each person to email the entity individually and await individual responses. You have dozens of people awaiting responses to the same questions, why not address them publicly and to many at once. You are very busy, perhaps sending 20 emails is worth it?

Besides you are using this board for free advetisement, the bare minimum you could do would be to spend a few minutes of your time addressing its concerns.

Unless of course you see no value in this board's members and the customer base they represent...

Hopefully Sean will keep us updated, I am just as anxious as ya'll to hear his side of the story, however I'm not going to push him I'll let him tell what he wants when he wants, but I do hope everything gets cleared up.

Any questions about the business are outta my hands, but I can still answer generic race class questions, or camping type questions, etc.

How many of you have stopped pecking keys long enough to call and talk to the promoter/organizer? Just curious? My bet as of now would be close to none. I had questions and talked to him today.

No.
If it doesn't work, it will be because of American Wheeler. It will be because of their inability to organize the event, provide for contingencies, communicate with the public, and assuage concerns as they are presented. That's it. Successful promotions companies are able to do these things, unsuccessful promotions companies are not.
Right, and if I'm a jackass that goes around saying "I don't trust them with my entry fee" or "This event better not cause tread marks in the dirt" then I had nothing to do with it.

Help out or keep quiet but don't badmouth from the sidelines and act like it's their fault for not dealing with people who badmouth them better.

If you all had tits and 100 gallons of pudding this would be interesting. I'm really looking forward to 2 more months of this thread. By the end people will be wearing diapers and throwing poop at each other.

If it were me I delete the whole damn thread and just have the email and phone number as the only post.

I would agree 100% b/c it is making its round on the forums... and the word "Drama" is getting used... making us all look bad... so why not just delete it and re-start while keeping the chit/chat or bad mouthing to PM's, emails, and phone calls?

I would agree 100% b/c it is making its round on the forums... and the word "Drama" is getting used... making us all look bad... so why not just delete it and re-start while keeping the chit/chat or bad mouthing to PM's, emails, and phone calls?

Not up to me, Sean might, but I'm choosing to stay neutral at this point . . . .

If it were me I delete the whole damn thread and just have the email and phone number as the only post.
I disagree, this thread has brought up MANY good points, even good things before page 7ish. Delete this whole thread what is that saying? (Maybe move page 7 plus to another thread.. Even then things in page 7+ have good points that should be considered. )

No AW does not have to show all his points / plans and such that is his problem he can deal with as he feels. But I can say without some reassurance from somebody that everything is taken care it will turn some away, including me (and by reassurance I am not talking about "trust me, I am not sure, but trust me anyways")

I agree it is not wise to show all your paper work but if one person on this board I know or trust said "I have seen this, it looks good" I personally would feel A LOT better. No offense Dylan and Ricky, but I am not sure what side to stand on with you two in the middle, it is getting confusing and you can not answer all the Q's because you are not giving all the answers (I perceive)

And before someone says "call Sean" I will not, I do not know him and lost all confidence in him and AW because of the LLC problem (and losing confidence with this event.)

Yes Greg, I spelled checked it just for you

I disagree, this thread has brought up MANY good points, even good things before page 7ish. Delete this whole thread what is that saying? (Maybe move page 7 plus to another thread.. Even then things in page 7+ have good points that should be considered. )
No AW does not have to show all his points / plans and such that is his problem he can deal with as he feels. But I can say without some reassurance from somebody that everything is taken care it will turn some away, including me (and by reassurance I am not talking about "trust me, I am not sure, but trust me anyways")
I agree it is not wise to show all your paper work but if one person on this board I know or trust said "I have seen this, it looks good" I personally would feel A LOT better. No offense Dylan and Ricky, but I am not sure what side to stand on with you two in the middle, it is getting confusing and you can not answer all the Q's because you are not giving all the answers (I perceive)
And before someone says "call Sean" I will not, I do not know him and lost all confidence in him and AW because of the LLC problem (and losing confidence with this event.)
Yes Greg, I spelled checked it just for you

If no one contacts Sean with concerns then you'll never know the answers

Me and Dylan are just serving as the headlining volunteers so to speak, we just wanna see this happen and are willing to give up our time effort to get it there.

Unfortunately I tried to answer questions I shouldn't have and then got ticked and lost my cool, We can answer generic questions about the race but business questions I shouldn't have said anything and left it to Sean that was my mistake.

Buuuut, once again ask him those tough questions email him if you don't want to call him, otherwise they definitely won't ever get answered.

Bottom line is I'm not throwing the towel in on this event, but I am gonna make sure its run the best we can do :driver:

Rick, I'm going to make this really simple for you.

Promoting the event is American Wheeler's responsibility. It's not yours, it's not Dylan's, it's not Woody's, it's not anybody else's. If they want to get this thing off the ground, they're going to have to come in here and answer people's questions and play face man.

If he's not willing to promote his own event, there's no reason you should feel obligated to do it for him.

Dylan, Rick and Woody are NOT promoters, they are wheelers, they are race committee members and they want nothing more than to see this event go off. They have "volunteered their time to answer general questions about the event". If you have deeper questions then ask me directly. I do not beleive this forum is a waste of time. I run AW full time now and have a familythat is already irritated with the hours I spend plaaning this event. The guys are trying to do me a favor because they love this sport. They are competitors who want to compete and have fun. I am that same guy. You don't know me yet but that is who I am and why I'm throwing the race. Its been a dream for me for a long time to do this. I have been blessed with the opportunity to use URE as the race grounds and went from there. None of this is beyond onyone's reach. I'm just the guy thats getting it done. If you could take it from my shoes and see what all this entails and try to imgaine doing it all yourself you might see how huge this is and how busy I am which is why I don't get time to post. I have to be up to work with West coast and east coast time frames. There is so much more to this than you have seen. The National magazine ads will be out next month in 4wheel & offroad, JP and Crawl. I have only one comment, why would I spent that kind of $ if this was BS. This is NC's time to shine. URE has the chance now to show how great it is and so do all the people who love to wheel there. This is all about us guys, the wheelers. I look forward to meeting and wheeling with you all and I will be out at the No LIMIT OFFROAD GRAND OPENING MARCH 8TH. And will be out at the next TrailBlazers ride in Gulches. Keep the rubber side down!

Rick, I'm going to make this really simple for you.

Promoting the event is American Wheeler's responsibility. It's not yours, it's not Dylan's, it's not Woody's, it's not anybody else's. If they want to get this thing off the ground, they're going to have to come in here and answer people's questions and play face man.

If he's not willing to promote his own event, there's no reason you should feel obligated to do it for him.

I love this forum and spend a lot of time on it.
Do I think this forum is going to make or break this race? No!
I do think a little support would be nice.
How many folks do you know, that are not on this, or any forum.
I wheel with tons of great folks, that have not been exposed to this forum, or the ''race posts'' Those folks will hear by word of mouth, by radio, by magazine, or from the race sponsors. They will find out about a great event, decide to go or not, and that will be that. Those folks will never even hear or care about Nc4x4.

So you are saying(in a sense) that this site is the end all, be all..to four wheeling and possible events? If he wants to get this off the ground, he has to mollycoddle all of us? Come on man, the world aint flat and its bigger than our computer chairs and living rooms. Rant over!:beer:

So you are saying(in a sense) that this site is the end all, be all..to four wheeling and possible events? If he wants to get this off the ground, he has to mollycoddle all of us? Come on man, the world aint flat and its bigger than our computer chairs and living rooms. Rant over!:beer:

You're asking the wrong guy. It was the people promoting the event that thought this thread was going to single-handedly kill it. :shaking:

Again, I am not a naysayer, just a pointer-outer-of-the-obvious. :) :beer:

So, for a real question (or three) ...as to volunteers...I plan to be there and help whenever and however I can.

1. How about a rundown of the volunteer jobs and (vol.) staff organization?

2. Are the vols broken up into assigned task groups, or is a free-for-all job assignment when we show up?

3. What kind of help do y'all need most?

4. Does a volunteer do the same thing all weekend, or get some variety (i.e. work festival in the a.m., course after lunch, parking lot the next day, etc)?

5. Do you have shifts set up so vols get time off to actually go and watch the race? How about those that are competing?

6. Do vol. staff get meal tits so we get fed, or do we have to worry with bringing our own grub, too?

7. If I take a couple of extra days off, do you anticipate needing more help on the front end setting up, or after the event, breaking down and cleaning up? (That's usually the point everybody takes off, leaving the central core of organizers stuck with a crapload of work still to do.)

8. How are communications going to be handled (curiosity question)? Alerting others to ATV's on the course, medical, breakdowns, etc, etc...that's a pretty large area with poor cell coverage and 9 out of 10 CB installs bring the suck.

I have nothing to do with this event, but from my W.E.ROCK/CalRocs experience:

1: The list will be compiled after the event. Anything you did for free just to help out will go on the list. There will be no staff organization for you to worry about. You are in charge of compiling the list.

2: Free-for-all? Now you're getting the hang of it.

3: The cooperative, strong-backed, non-mouthy kind, but other kinds will be accepted.

4: A volunteer does something until it's done or they get bored and wander off or find something better to do.

5: No, see 4.

6: You'll only need to worry with bringing food if you're actually planning on eating anything all weekend.

7: You are sooo getting a t-shirt. Bring extra food. And beer.

8: Yelling, mostly. Do you have any of those Motorola 2-way thingies, or know how to make some flags?

I have nothing to do with this event, but from my W.E.ROCK/CalRocs experience:

1: The list will be compiled after the event. Anything you did for free just to help out will go on the list. There will be no staff organization for you to worry about. You are in charge of compiling the list.

2: Free-for-all? Now you're getting the hang of it.

3: The cooperative, strong-backed, non-mouthy kind, but other kinds will be accepted.

4: A volunteer does something until it's done or they get bored and wander off or find something better to do.

5: No, see 4.

6: You'll only need to worry with bringing food if you're actually planning on eating anything all weekend.

7: You are sooo getting a t-shirt. Bring extra food. And beer.

8: Yelling, mostly. Do you have any of those Motorola 2-way thingies, or know how to make some flags?

Perfect!! Sounds like the Boy Scouts. Hehehe, do you know the difference between the Boy Scouts and the Uwharrie 4x4Cross? Adult Leadership. :) :) j/k - that's an old Army vs. Boy Scout joke.

Again, I am not a naysayer, just a pointer-outer-of-the-obvious. :) :beer:
So, for a real question (or three) ...as to volunteers...I plan to be there and help whenever and however I can.
1. How about a rundown of the volunteer jobs and (vol.) staff organization?
2. Are the vols broken up into assigned task groups, or is a free-for-all job assignment when we show up?
3. What kind of help do y'all need most?
4. Does a volunteer do the same thing all weekend, or get some variety (i.e. work festival in the a.m., course after lunch, parking lot the next day, etc)?
5. Do you have shifts set up so vols get time off to actually go and watch the race? How about those that are competing?
6. Do vol. staff get meal tits so we get fed, or do we have to worry with bringing our own grub, too?
7. If I take a couple of extra days off, do you anticipate needing more help on the front end setting up, or after the event, breaking down and cleaning up? (That's usually the point everybody takes off, leaving the central core of organizers stuck with a crapload of work still to do.)
8. How are communications going to be handled (curiosity question)? Alerting others to ATV's on the course, medical, breakdowns, etc, etc...that's a pretty large area with poor cell coverage and 9 out of 10 CB installs bring the suck.

Dylans more knowledgeable about the volunteer stuff than me, he should be able to chime in here shortly. Although I don't know if some of the details you asked about have been set yet, but yea Dylan knows better than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back