Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to get caught up on all the details but my eyes are going cross. Does the race route include the entire loop? Where are you guys thinking of starting line and finishing line at? If you already answered, my apologies.

Most of it, we haven't for sure'd the details on that yet but were thinkin like starting at the parking lot that rky mtn loop goes across and ending at the other road crossing right before it, like I said we haven't hammerd that out yet but thats the idea going in right now.

My girl friend wants to know what other women are going to be out there

So far as I can tell, I'm the only female driver and then there are two female spotters so far. Of course there will be tons of women there that are the spouses, girlfriends and friends of those going too.:driver:

So far as I can tell, I'm the only female driver and then there are two female spotters so far. Of course there will be tons of women there that are the spouses, girlfriends and friends of those going too.:driver:

....yeaaaaahhhh.... I'm having a hard time convincing my wife she wants to be there to see me kill myself driving like a bat out of hell...

....yeaaaaahhhh.... I'm having a hard time convincing my wife she wants to be there to see me kill myself driving like a bat out of hell...
:lol:
Our wives must know each other..:driver:

OK everyone, here is the new URE FEST info. Tickets will be for sale this week. The website is being up dated now. YOu get the first peek!!! Things are subject to change but this is what and where and how much! This is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!

The 2008 URE 4x4Cross Festival has MOVED to UWHARRIE STABLES!!!!! The Festival portion of the event will now be held at UWHARRIE STABLES just across the street from the entrance to the Uwharrie National Forest!!! The 4x4Cross race will stay at the Rocky MTN Loop Trail.
The Festival will now be the BIGGEST, most EXCITING OFFROADING EVENT of the YEAR!!!
Come and PLAY in our 2 acre MUDHOLE, don’t worry, we’ve got tractors to pull your junk out!!!
Come CRAWL in our RockGarden… we dare ya!!!
Come test your skills in our Military certified ATV Obstacle Course!!!
EAT down home BBQ!!!
Visit all your favorite 4x4 vendors like “NO LIMIT OFFROAD” & “XTREME MACHINES”
Listen to live Southern Rock and Country ALL DAY from SOUTHBOUND 49 and other local bands!!!
When the sun goes down, the lights come up for National Acts “RICOCHET, SHENANDOAH, & THE ZAC BROWN BAND!!!
Compete for BEST @ THE FEST in the ROCKGARDEN and MUDHOLE COMPETITIONS!!!
We have shuttling to and from the race all weekend (the Ranch is actually CLOSER to the race than Kings Mtn Pnt).
TICKETS are ON SALE NOW, buy your tickets online & SAVE!!!
$40 adult weekend passes, $20 child under 15 weekend pass. Children 10 & under are free!
Tickets @ the GATE: $60 adult, $30 child
CAMPING??? NO PROBLEM!!! WE HAVE ROOM FOR EVERYONE!!!! Tent it or bring your RV, we’ve got a space for you. We also have SHOWERS and BATHROOMS.
$15 Weekend Camp Pass plus $5/head. Pass includes 1 person, 1 vehicle.
$25 Weekend RV pass plus $5/head. Pass includes 1 person.
Parking $5/day per vehicle or trailer.
FREE Trailer Parking avail first come basis.

Do I correctly remember that registered race competitors also get entry into this as part of the registration?

Originally Posted by sher
One free pass?? I thought it covered my spotter too??
In the beginning entry fee covered spotter and driver for the weekend.I sure hope this hasen't changed.

The web site states the driver and spotter each have a weekend pass,just checked

Also I'm alittle confused now.The race will be on the rockymount trail which means racers will have to be at the race area in their vehicles so when there number is called they can race.
And to enjoy the festivities we will need to drive to the stable area now?
The rockcrawl comp is now at the stables?I thought it was being built in UNF?
and shuttling folks back and forth will make for alot of traffic for the race vehicles between the two areas.
glad to see this happening but logistics might be a bitch for the racers.
When and where will tech and signup be?
Will we know if we are running friday or saturday far enough out to plan our weekend?
I don't see some rigs being road friendly to drive at hiway speeds to get to the stable area on a state highway.
Just some questions.

In the beginning entry fee covered spotter and driver for the weekend.I sure hope this hasen't changed.
The web site states the driver and spotter each have a weekend pass,just checked
Also I'm alittle confused now.The race will be on the rockymount trail which means racers will have to be at the race area in their vehicles so when there number is called they can race.
And to enjoy the festivities we will need to drive to the stable area now?
The rockcrawl comp is now at the stables?I thought it was being built in UNF?
and shuttling folks back and forth will make for alot of traffic for the race vehicles between the two areas.
glad to see this happening but logistics might be a bitch for the racers.
When and where will tech and signup be?
Will we know if we are running friday or saturday far enough out to plan our weekend?
I don't see some rigs being road friendly to drive at hiway speeds to get to the stable area on a state highway.Just some questions.

If it's the stables in front of the El Dorado Outpost it's like 1/4 mile from the forest entrance... I think you'll be fine...

Also, if I'm thinking of the right place, the festivities are going to be a lot closer now rather than before...

If it's the stables in front of the El Dorado Outpost it's like 1/4 mile from the forest entrance... I think you'll be fine...
Also, if I'm thinking of the right place, the festivities are going to be a lot closer now rather than before...

Yea its the Stables across from the Outpost, lots more room and much better festival area as well as the frikin 2 ACRE MUD PIT!!!!!!!!!!! :driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back