Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you have stopped pecking keys long enough to call and talk to the promoter/organizer? Just curious? My bet as of now would be close to none.
I spoke with him 2days after this was announced and entered the same day.

I met Sean and Dylan at Callantee and was impressed w/Seans excitement and enthusiasim.First impressions go along way with me and I can honestly say
I had nother bad to say to my friends.

The details will work out,it's still two months away and am looking forward to the event.

These questions asked here are good because it brings up details a new organization needs to think about,10 years ago it was probabley the same crap going on out west,with all the new series being started.

So answers to go along with the complaining are more helpful than just complaining

Only thing I would do different is to have more trails to run or have other events/things for the A/B classes to do.

I spoke with him 2days after this was announced and entered the same day.
I met Sean and Dylan at Callantee and was impressed w/Seans excitement and enthusiasim.First impressions go along way with me and I can honestly say
I had nother bad to say to my friends.
The details will work out,it's still two months away and am looking forward to the event.
These questions asked here are good because it brings up details a new organization needs to think about,10 years ago it was probabley the same crap going on out west,with all the new series being started.
So answers to go along with the complaining are more helpful than just complaining
Only thing I would do different is to have more trails to run or have other events/things for the A/B classes to do.

Yea I mean, he def is enthusiastic and wants to see it happen.

as far as other things to do the park will be open so all the other trails can be wheeled all weekend, and the festival area should have a good bit o' stuff to have fun with as well. Plus there'll be the rockgarden open for riding all weekend as well except for when the Rockkrawl "Party" will be goin on Sat night

I will have a more detailed plan, as I have stated in numerous pm's to dozens of potential vols. There are still a few things to consider, and a few unkowns about the race course itself.

Here is a general idea.

I need spotters/tow vehicle folks. They will line the trail at certain intervals to remove/move along downed vehicles.

I need several trusted,trained vol. ems/fire rescue/first responder type. They will be placed at certain key locations as well.(the more the better)

We will need a misc. group for Inspection,parking, and what ever else that comes up.

I absoulutely expect all to see the race. I expect to move vols. around. I dnt expect to leave anyone in one spot all day. Yes there will be better jobs than others, but a rotation is quite possible and probable.

As far as communication goes, I have been told that there will be lots of radios/walkies
that will be utilized. Also , that a booster will be used to extend their ranges.

This is my first attempt at this kind of event as far as this size goes. I have been involved in one way or another, with CTB events, but nothing like this.So bear with me as my plans may ''shift on the fly'' as new details develope.

I have a large list of vols. and will try to contact everyone of them soon. Please dont think that because I have not yet, that I have forgotten about you. I have your info on file.

Will i have everything tuned like a fine instrument? Probably not! I'm gonna try to though.

Please chime in with helpful details or suggestions. And if ya want to help.

This is my first attempt at this kind of event as far as this size goes. I have been involved in one way or another, with CTB events, but nothing like this.So bear with me as my plans may ''shift on the fly'' as new details develope.

As someone with more than a decade of experience helping organizing events such as this (only different... 5k,10 K half marathon runs, etc... and yes we are still learning and still tweaking our program to do it better) I can tell you that "shift on the fly" is the right term... you cannnoot be prepared for every circumstance, but you can be prepared with an attitude that will help you overcome every circumstance. remember the old saying... "Be like a duck... Calm and cool on the surface.... Paddling like hell under the water!"

I'll be there ot help, as I mentioned 20 some odd pages ago. Contact me when you are ready.

John

Just to throw it out there, no one has called or emailed me today... Anyway. The volunteer coordination is really going to get nailed down the first couple weeks after URE opens again. We need to design and walk the course for all staging areas. We need to set-up a starting/finish line. We will need inspectors, spotters, grunts etc. We do plan on rotating everyone so as to maximize your fun! We also plan to have enough people so that no-one is overworked and YES, all voluteers will get a sweet T-shirt, schwag, some food, beverages. We want us ALL to have a GREAT time! Dylan and I are organizing the volunteers. Just be a bit more patient. Its not possible to walk the trail or start setting up yet. We will be out there Every weekend and setting up volunteer meetings as soon as the park opens up again. We have a grip of radios we are renting and probably a booster like Dylan said. BTW Dylan and I are buds and we talk about this stuff all the time. He knows whats going on so listen to him.

OK I have read the past 29 pages (why I dont know) But I do have something to say and a few questions.
I found NC4X4 after visiting AW, which I found on my own on the net while searching for some kind of race that didnt include hauling my rig across the country and racing outside of my environment. I happened across 2 events and I have chosen this one, even after reading all this. This is the beginning of a sport and all the kinks have to be worked out.
Rome wasnt planned and built in 6 months so dont expect to have a perfect event. Indy cars have been racing for years yet a woman got hit in the face with a tire! And they are still racing. So no matter what happens I will continue to stay loyal and support the cause. As Im sure everyone here will do as well. And remember, we need opposing voices to create challenges to overcome. Lets just try to keep it clean and the goal in focus. Oh and I even paid my $5.50 here. Dont waste it guys!

Now a few questions I may have more to come as my spotter is very inquisitive ( I think hes gettin scared)

Are revolver shackles alright for stock class? my wheel travel is limited by the stock shocks but they give me clearance for my 31's

Have all the trails been chosen Ive only been to URE once in my jeep, and would like to see what Ive gotten myself into!

Will spotters be required to attend the awards ceremony? Mine needs to get home asap Sunday, and hes already makin me set up his campsite for taking off Fri. (What do y'all do for your spotters?) LMAO waiting for that answer

When and Where is the next 4X4cross event?

How will the championship points be generated?

Will the prize money be cash or check (if so what bank)? Will you 10-99 me? When will I be paid?
I would put that little green guy with the finger here if I knew how

Oh Where is the shite talkin thread? we should probly get one goin huh

Will the prize money be cash or check (if so what bank)? Will you 10-99 me? When will I be paid?

You have to win first before worring about this.

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Theres no $hit talking thread here, as most of the posters in this thread won't be compeating, regardless of how many hoops AW jumps trough for them.

OK I have read the past 29 pages (why I dont know) But I do have something to say and a few questions.
I found NC4X4 after visiting AW, which I found on my own on the net while searching for some kind of race that didnt include hauling my rig across the country and racing outside of my environment. I happened across 2 events and I have chosen this one, even after reading all this. This is the beginning of a sport and all the kinks have to be worked out.
Rome wasnt planned and built in 6 months so dont expect to have a perfect event. Indy cars have been racing for years yet a woman got hit in the face with a tire! And they are still racing. So no matter what happens I will continue to stay loyal and support the cause. As Im sure everyone here will do as well. And remember, we need opposing voices to create challenges to overcome. Lets just try to keep it clean and the goal in focus. Oh and I even paid my $5.50 here. Dont waste it guys!
Now a few questions I may have more to come as my spotter is very inquisitive ( I think hes gettin scared)
Are revolver shackles alright for stock class? my wheel travel is limited by the stock shocks but they give me clearance for my 31's
Have all the trails been chosen Ive only been to URE once in my jeep, and would like to see what Ive gotten myself into!
Will spotters be required to attend the awards ceremony? Mine needs to get home asap Sunday, and hes already makin me set up his campsite for taking off Fri. (What do y'all do for your spotters?) LMAO waiting for that answer
When and Where is the next 4X4cross event?
How will the championship points be generated?

Good questions, and glad you decided to race :driver:

I'll answer a few that I know for sure, for the others I'll get the answer for you.

Revolver shackles are fine for stock class, IMO I'd be careful thou, going around real fast with those shackles have proven fairly dangerous for people before as they are prone to unloading easily.

The race will be on Rocky Mountain Loop, feel free to go check it out before hand we just ask that you don't try and "prerace" the course at high speeds as it will not be safe for others that are there on the non race weekends.

Spotters not required to attend awards ceremony.

This is the inaugural race for 4x4cross, while we definitely want to see more races we're not sure how soon the next will be or if we will just have the one this year, but the long term goal is to have a "circuit" of races along the east coast.

It will all be scored by time, best time wins.

On the prize money - 50% will be cash, 50% will be in prizes from the various sponsors. As I am not in charge of the monetary issues I'll need to check on it to find out about how you will be paid and the taxes.

Thanks for your support this should be a great event :driver:

Ok.....I'm going to drive under you and unload your tires and........ but your not in my class :flipoff2:
hahaha we're shiat talking on other sites :driver:
this shouldn't be the place for that tho'

Ok Ive got a couple more Q's

Will there be any pre-race inspections?if so, what time and where? and again will my spotter's lazy tail have to be there?

Will racers be able to advertise on there rigs?

This will be a great event!

Ok Ive got a couple more Q's
Will there be any pre-race inspections?if so, what time and where? and again will my spotter's lazy tail have to be there?
Will racers be able to advertise on there rigs?
This will be a great event!

Yes there will be prerace inspections at the festival area not sure on exact time it will start yet but it will probably be Friday before racing starts. Spotter doesn't have to be there just make sure you have one come race time. Feel free to advertise, just about everyone has some type of "advertisement" or another on there rigs anyway in forms of stickers and whatnot.

Another question.
Restricted to only 1 "spotter"?
if they're properly secured (belted), can you have a rider in the back?

Oh and BTW, I will definitely have plenty of sticker/advertisement... I think that bag of stickers Dylan gave me w/ the Jeep weighs about 10 lbs.

Another question.
Restricted to only 1 "spotter"?
if they're properly secured (belted), can you have a rider in the back?
Oh and BTW, I will definitely have plenty of sticker/advertisement... I think that bag of stickers Dylan gave me w/ the Jeep weighs about 10 lbs.

Hmmm, not sure on the rider, i guess if they have belts, helmets, and something over there head (roof or cage) that should be fine, they'll also have to sign the liability waiver like you and the spotter.

Not sure thou, see what Dylan and Greg thinks . . . .

I think anyone willing to ride in the back with ya, in the race, needs their head examined.

I will ask anyway.

I hope my 3 sons dont read about that! After all I traded the 4-seat CJ for the cherokee so we all could wheel. Please do put an age restriction on the passengers, I can see one of those oddball parents you read about taking their 6-yr old for a ride in "daddys" new bubicon. just my .02

As for the advert. Q, I'm trying to con the boss into coming and paying for all my fuel and reg. fees, and wear a couple company magnets for the w/end. I just hope the stockers get a little press coverage! Then maybe I can get that new uhh ...
maybe I can afford to go :}

I hope my 3 sons dont read about that! After all I traded the 4-seat CJ for the cherokee so we all could wheel. Please do put an age restriction on the passengers, I can see one of those oddball parents you read about taking their 6-yr old for a ride in "daddys" new bubicon. just my .02
As for the advert. Q, I'm trying to con the boss into coming and paying for all my fuel and reg. fees, and wear a couple company magnets for the w/end. I just hope the stockers get a little press coverage! Then maybe I can get that new uhh ...
maybe I can afford to go :}

strait, wish I had a sponsor for it, lol.

idk about the age restrictions, thats a good point, although it can't be 18 cause my lil bro is always my codriver and he's 16 :driver:

Is there a link or a phone # to call and register. And also class rules , entry fee that sort of thing. This would be my first off- road event. I spend most of my time at the drag strip. Want to change things up a bit this year.

On the age restriction, my personal vote is at least 16.
Keep in mind that you cannot legally saign a waiver unless you are 18, you have to have a gaurdian do it for you.

Racing (and riding) is a (potentially) very dangerous thing to do. You may be opeing yourselves up to some uncomfortable positions by allowing children (which accordin gto the gov't is under 18) to participate.
I'd find out what the prevailing rule is at other events.

On the age restriction, my personal vote is at least 16.
Keep in mind that you cannot legally saign a waiver unless you are 18, you have to have a gaurdian do it for you.
Racing (and riding) is a (potentially) very dangerous thing to do. You may be opeing yourselves up to some uncomfortable positions by allowing children (which accordin gto the gov't is under 18) to participate.
I'd find out what the prevailing rule is at other events.
Yeah, I was only giving my opinion in the above post. We will have a ruling on that soon.

Route question

I've been trying to get caught up on all the details but my eyes are going cross. Does the race route include the entire loop? Where are you guys thinking of starting line and finishing line at? If you already answered, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back