Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the stables have insurance? Does the guy driving the tractor pulling people out of the mudhole have insurance? If he hooks to my rig and scratches it is he covered? I'm not sure if I want to take the risk of a left hand turn with a trailer in the stables.

Good work on the details, sounds like its going to be fun.

Do the stables have insurance? Does the guy driving the tractor pulling people out of the mudhole have insurance? If he hooks to my rig and scratches it is he covered? I'm not sure if I want to take the risk of a left hand turn with a trailer in the stables.
Good work on the details, sounds like its going to be fun.

:lol: I'm sure they'll cover everything except for the LH turn... you're on your own with that one...

Oh yeah, will any horses be given away as prizes?

Here's the deal with the weekend pass. This event just got HUGE!!! and so did the costs to run it. We originally planned on giving tickets to both the driver and spotter but that was before we made these changes and signed the entertainment. BTW, Just got word today that Zac Brown just had his first baby this weekend and is getting married the same weekend as our festival so it looks like they are out. BUMMER but we are signing a really AWESOME replacement right now. I'll let you know asap!

As far as driving around, there will now be less traffic in the forest and we will be running a shuttle bus to and from the fest grounds. As far as unlicensed vehicles driving on the hiway, we have an agreement from the authorities to drive to and from the race ONLY and ONLY RIGS WITH A # PLATE CAN DRIVE ON STATE ROADS!!! It is EXPECTED of EVERYONE to keep it cool and drive RESPECTFULLY, carefully and slowly on the state roads!!!

You will find that getting to and from the festival and race will be easy and convenient. Like I said earlier. Its closer than Kings Mtn Point was and a hell of alot better!

As far as the Rock Garden goes, we are paying for boulders to come in now so we decided to keep them on private property. We are looking into keeping the Crawl Garden open year round on the Ranch!

Here's the deal with the weekend pass. This event just got HUGE!!! and so did the costs to run it. We originally planned on giving tickets to both the driver and spotter

This makes me sad. I was actually gonna tear up my junk.

As far as the Rock Garden goes, we are paying for boulders to come in now so we decided to keep them on private property. We are looking into keeping the Crawl Garden open year round on the Ranch!

So if I'm understanding thsi correctly, the now imfamous permanent rock garden at the UNF will not happen, is that right?
I mean it's great that one is being built, don't get me wrong. There's just been a lot of excitement about this being a good play toy for the future.

Are the competitors and spotters still getting free/reserved camping?

Quote:
Here's the deal with the weekend pass. This event just got HUGE!!! and so did the costs to run it. We originally planned on giving tickets to both the driver and spotter
This makes me sad. I was actually gonna tear up my junk.
This is getting expensive fast, sorry to bitch,but when we signed up it was for two passes and race entry fee.
We want to compete but,
the race is down to one 10 minute run,and a final the last day to compete again,for 10 minutes.
Then my spotter bought a helmet and now has too foot up the bill for entry also.So for my spotter alone it's costing $120
or so.
Five days of camping since we have to be up bright and early friday and the drawing isn't til' late sunday night so camping from thursday to monday.
I understand the festival idea and think it's great but the people competing won't be doing much festivaling when they need to be up by 4:30 am to get breakfast done and be ready to run by 6am.I'd think the racers will relax more at the campground area so they don't have to drive to the stables.
Is the BBQ still included for friday and saturday night for drivers and spotters?
Maybe I'm griping to much or it's just cause I'm broke :flipoff2:
oh well that's my rant for now.
So let's :driver:

Its not that it won't happen, its that the Forest Service won't throw us any funds for the boulders and the transport. The people that are want to make it kick butt and doing it on private land helps ensure that.

Camping is still available at the Forest. Its primitive but its free. Group camp is still American Wheelers and is reserved for Racers, Staff ..... So yes, there is still free camping. I am not a $ monger but bills have to get paid. The thought that everyone is gonna be up at 4am is a bit off. Here is a tentative schedule for racing

Friday: A Class starts @ Noon til dark (7 or 8) and goes into B class
Saturday: B Class continues starts @ 6am til dark and goes into C and D class
Sunday: D class starts @ 6am

The festival revolves around the race and is there to keep people entertained all weekend. After dark, racing is over and more fun begins. You gotta think outside the box here. I've been to lots of races and people get bored doing the same thing all day. remember too that this event is about everyone in the wheeling community. That means Newbies, wives, kids, non-racers. We want to show this community what a wheeling event should be! As far a race expenses go, I have paid the race fee, driven 500 miles in one day to do a 5 minute race that I lost miserably and still had a great time because the event offered more than just the race!

OK everyone, I did originally say that Driver and Spotter got free passes. We will stick by our word! Enjoy your weekend! Its going to be INCREDIBLE!!! We'll send you two tickets in your Racer Packets! Camping is on you though.

Looks like we are going to have a good weekend, my spotter said thanks on the including of passes. now time to :driver::driver::driver: and for blackangus:beer:

enogh

Will your rig have enough horsepower to cover the challenge?:bounce2:

OK everyone, I did originally say that Driver and Spotter got free passes. We will stick by our word! Enjoy your weekend! Its going to be INCREDIBLE!!! We'll send you two tickets in your Racer Packets! Camping is on you though.

Way to step up to the plate Sean.

First come first serve..on group camp. E-mail Sean, quickly, if you are a racer and wanna camp with other(probably rowdy, up all night) racers. Free to racers!!

Looks like things are shaping up. An event with large balls takes a lot of planning. Excellent job!!!!
carl w

Thanks Carl...spread the word, the event is not only for racers, it's for everyone!

I am not comparing this to Moab,Easter Jeep Jambo, by any means, but that had to start somewhere too. I just want this to be a great event with many happy folks when it's all said and done.

Sounds cool to me, but I don't know the parameters of the mud course.

Run it by Sean, if you are serious. He's all about entertaining the masses.

Sean-d@americanwheeler

Yes, these guys have very large horse power and big tires, tractor tires, paddle tires. It would have to be very safe for the spectators. Maybe not a great idea. It would depend on the set up of the mud hole. Would be a great show-I gurantee it. Just a thought.

I t may be possible, given the size of the pit. Ask Sean, for sure.

I think there is a mud comp. going to take place. Sounds like ''unlimited class material!

since it seems that Group camp is now for racers where are the Vols going to be camping ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back